E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Call For Help - Street Survival School

11-25-2009, 07:26 AM   #1
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ED 7/07

Call For Help - Street Survival School

Good Morning,

I am helping to organize the first ever BMW CCA Foundation, Tire Rack Street Survival School. The event is on December 6, 2009 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. For those of you who have never heard of the Street Survival School, it is an event where we take teen drivers, put them on a wet skid pad, then do lane change exercises and a mini auto-x style course, and teach them how not to get killed. Search youtube for street survival to learn more about it.

At this point we have 30 students but only 6 coaches. We desperately need 9 more people to come out and coach these youths. You do not need to be an "instructor" but you do need to be able to complete the exercises and talk to teenagers.

If you are able to spare a day to help please shoot me a PM. Thank you very much!
      11-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

2e9x's, check in with B-Rad H. The call went out to the Instructors during Saturday and Sunday's instructor meeting at WSIR, and I believe he had about half a dozen instructors sign up (myself included), in addition to that another email went out to the Corp Monday and another half a dozen instructors volunteered.

At this point, the more instructors we have the more people on the wait list we can let in...But if you have the volunteer spirit, step up and help out.

I believe we're also looking for a water truck connection as well for the wet skid-pad exercises? Or was that all taken care of?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #3
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Now if this was like 400 miles north..I could swing by. :-)

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ED 7/07

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
2e9x's, check in with B-Rad H. The call went out to the Instructors during Saturday and Sunday's instructor meeting at WSIR, and I believe he had about half a dozen instructors sign up (myself included), in addition to that another email went out to the Corp Monday and another half a dozen instructors volunteered.

At this point, the more instructors we have the more people on the wait list we can let in...But if you have the volunteer spirit, step up and help out.

I believe we're also looking for a water truck connection as well for the wet skid-pad exercises? Or was that all taken care of?
I had a conference call about the program yesterday. We still need some coaches. Anybody interested should apply!

I personally reserved the water truck so we are good to go with that. Add some soap and a fun time will be had by all. It actually sounds like so much fun perhaps I will incorporate a soapy part of my future auto-x courses!!!