E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > e92 MT axles

10-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

e92 MT axles

I am in the market for some used axles to send over to DSS in preparation for when mine break.

What I would like to know is if there are any differences in the axles between different years for the e92 MT. Also, I'm assuming the AT axles are different lengths than MT, but I haven't confirmed.

Does anyone know? I don't want to buy the wrong ones off ebay.

Thanks for the help.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You can compare part numbers on bmwfans.info. That ETK doesn't require you to put in the complete month/year build date, so you can search for parts more easily. It is, however, an older version of the ETK than realoem.com.
      10-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Auto is different than manual. I went through this when talking to lostmarine about it a while ago. Used manual ones were very hard to locate from junk dealers even online.

I ended up opening the wallet to tischer for them. They are sitting in my garage as I have not been willing to part with the additional $1k for the upgrade, since the stockers cost so much. No hard launching for me for now, maybe I will get the upgrade done next year.
Appreciate 0