E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Looking for 4300k angel eye upgrade, adjustable is the only way?

03-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
S4NoMore
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 15 X3d, 91 318i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3 28d  [0.00]
1991 BMW 318i  [8.66]
I recently picked up a 2006 330i and I'm looking around at the Daeos harness and an LED solution to get some decent angel eye DRLs. It seems that LUX are the most popular by some margin. Weisslicht perhaps second.

I'm surprised that there's really not a white or xenon-match option, it seems the Lux adjustable for $175 is the only way to get a warmer color temperature. I can't and won't settle for the boy-racer 6000k color of every other E90 LED upgrade I've come across. To my eyes it's a little tacky, or at least it's a look that shouts "look at me, I modified my car!" and I'm not wanting to shout that message.

In my nearly 15 years in the car scene, 4300k has been the generally accepted "stock" HID color. The Lux adjustable get close at 5000k minimum.

Am I missing something, or is that all there is to it - choose from 6000k blue LEDs or adjustable with the 5000k minimum? I'm surprised that the market has allowed this, but I suppose it's the nature of the aftermarket scene.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
I recently picked up a 2006 330i and I'm looking around at the Daeos harness and an LED solution to get some decent angel eye DRLs. It seems that LUX are the most popular by some margin. Weisslicht perhaps second.

I'm surprised that there's really not a white or xenon-match option, it seems the Lux adjustable for $175 is the only way to get a warmer color temperature. I can't and won't settle for the boy-racer 6000k color of every other LED upgrade I've come across. To my eyes it's a little tacky, or at least it's a look that shouts "look at me, I modified my car!" and I'm not wanting to shout that message.

In my nearly 15 years in the car scene, 4300k has been the generally accepted "stock" HID color. The Lux adjustable get close at 5000k minimum.

Am I missing something, or is that all there is to it - choose from 6000k blue LEDs or adjustable with the 5000k minimum? I'm surprised that the market has allowed this, but I suppose it's the nature of the aftermarket scene.

Hey there. If you are running the stock xenon bulbs, then a LED Angel eye bulb rated at 6500K will actually match the color of the xenon perfectly. The reason is that the glass cover for the Xenon bulb will always appear cooler in color temperature, and the angel eyes will appear slightly warmer then the light shining into it. So a 4300K xenon and a 6500k LED Angel Eye will actually appear to be the same color

As you mentioned above, we do offer the LUX H8 V5 Adjustable White, however those will not fit your 2006 3-series, however our LUX E90 V7 will, and those are a lower price then you mentioned above as well. We have a lot of pictures in the vendor thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651035 as well as out website, and i can assure you they will look perfect with the stock Xenon headlights.
Appreciate 0