E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Hey I am using the beta maps 7-11

08-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Hey I am using the beta maps 7-11

Okay when I get into the car and its on in the park position. What do i push on the keyfob to get the doomsday map? It says it defaults to map one on the site. Im confused. My car keeps going into reduced power. I think its my fuel pump or wastegate. The sa told me to bring in tomm and drop off.

and is homelink the same thing as having the key fobs? I have homelink in my car. can I use that also?
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #2
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Nothing; the 7-11 map defaults to the doomsday map. You can have the homelink set up instead (or in addition to) the keyfob; you would just need to program one of the homelink buttons. btw -- I hope you're taking v3 out before going in for service related to a possible HPFP, wastegate or other engine related failure.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #3
shyestsparks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan, 02 Altima VQ35DE-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Nothing; the 7-11 map defaults to the doomsday map. You can have the homelink set up instead (or in addition to) the keyfob; you would just need to program one of the homelink buttons. btw -- I hope you're taking v3 out before going in for service related to a possible HPFP, wastegate or other engine related failure.
+1; but for the purpose of knowing which button from the key fob for the 7/11 beta maps the RED button is map 1 (doomsday) and the GREEN button is map 2 (non- doomsday).
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post

Yes sir for sure ill be taking out the pnp harness. Do you think I should put stock intake back on too? I tried once and it was a PITA for some reason.

I want to learn how to program the homelink. I really dont like carrying the extra key fob around. K ill test it with out pushing anything next time I get in. I keep gettin reduced power.
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #5
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Do you have progman 29.2?
      08-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #6
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think they did the update. I did tell my sa I had rattling coming from engine bay or under the car. I keep getting reduced power and hella lag. I thought it was the dual cones at first. I dunno. I actually thought about lemon today for the first time. It sounds like crap when reving during idle. Its almost old sounding. Raspy too. The SA said they have a new part for the fuel pumps. I guess they finally got a new supplier.

Appreciate 0