E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > **Riss Racing** 3" Catted Downpipes (AVAILABLE NOW!!!)

08-09-2008, 04:37 PM   #23
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008_335i_coupe View Post
will these be an issue with a JB3 and V81 and 29.2?
I wouldn't want to trigger a warranty killer light..
No issues at all. We are running catless DPs with V3 right now with no issues. We have installed the Catted DP on V3 with no issues as well. We have not yet done anything with JB3.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2008, 03:16 PM   #24
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Still working on getting the video together. I also have clips of the catted with the mid pipes. I should have them up by tomorrow sorry for the delay!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2008, 01:24 AM   #25
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
These cats are metallic, it has been mentioned already. It looks like that we are limited in whp ( 330-350 @ 14-15 psi ) on stock cars for quite some time ( until turbo upgrades will be available ) , so high-flow mods ( DP's, FMIC, intake, exhaust ) will be the way to gain more power. The new RR catted DP's look very promising. Thanks to RR for this product ! Can't wait .

The stock DP's are a main bottleneck.

IMO this is a product you can just bolt on as a supporting mod to your existing tuning, getting quite some more serious power without the need of getting special versions of the tuning or o2-sims.

- Eugen

Metal Substrate cats, High flow. Also ONLY 3" Catted downpipes on the market currently. Extremely difficult to do. We will get the set out to you soon. Thanks Eugen!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 10:24 AM   #26
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Question No taker's yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
It should pass smog. We've shipped a few out already so I'll see if anybody is willing to test only their vehicle for us. We'll cover the cost for that too!
IMO this is the biggest question out there. I am assuming if it passes CA smog (smog=emmisions?) it means it would pass emmissions in every other state right? Also some customer reviews would help re-assure those on the fence.
      08-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #27
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

The RR's taper to a 2.5". How much of an advantage is the 3" compared to other highflow DP's in terms of exhaust flow, turbulence and back pressure on the market?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
ac2
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
But have we seen them?
Please point us in the right direction if they have.

Props to RR for coming out with the catted DPs, but I would really like to see the RR cats.

Here's Stock:

Here's the Ultimate Racing:

Here's the Riss Racing
Attached Images

08-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #29
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

I'll make a video as soon as I get mine installed, I'm comin back from Guanajuato the 20th and will probably have them installed in about a week's time.

Thanks Ro!

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #30
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Talking Are you installing the catted down pipes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King335i View Post
I'll make a video as soon as I get mine installed, I'm comin back from Guanajuato the 20th and will probably have them installed in about a week's time.

Thanks Ro!
Let us know what you expirience (review). Make sure your tune issues are fixed first then go install the DPs and report the difference.
      08-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #31
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2 View Post
Here's the Riss Racing
Cool man, thanks!
It looks like they are identical so that's good news!

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
King335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 CP 6MT, '13 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Make sure your tune issues are fixed first

I hear that.

2007 E92 335i--SG, Fully loaded, minus the dead weight..err..iDrive and Active Steering.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #33
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I remember a topic about having aftermarket catless DP and intake will cause problems to the turbo. Will the Catted DP and intake cause any turbo problems?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #34
2008_Dinan335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Garage List
I am very interested in upgrading my downpipes with your new catted 3" ones but I am hoping that you can answer a couple of important questions.

First and foremost...I have the Dinan Stage 2 Flash, full CPE exhaust (2nd cats have been deleted), and Forge DV's and I am wondering what benefits I would get from going with this upgrade with my current tune?

Dinan says that they have no plans to release any sort of upgrade for downpipes since it makes no power. Honestly I don't know where they come up with this stuff sometimes since there are many 335's out there which have picked up power with this mod.

That being said I am wondering if this will produce gains on a Dinan flashed car without any sort of special parameters in the tune to account for the downpipes. Also do you think there is any chance that this could actually mess anything up with the car (CEL's...stored codes...driveability issues...etc) since it isn't tuned for downpipes? What kind of gains might I expect by getting these when I have the Dinan flash? Would the gains in a Dinan car be the same as in an otherwise stock car or would they be a little bit higher since I am running more boost and such?

Also I am wondering how much install time might be required by an experienced installation shop since that would also be a factor in my purchase decision...especially if these things needed to come out for some sort of warranty issue. Thanks in advance for your help!
**SOLD** 2008 335i Coupe / Blk Sapphire Metallic / 6MT / Dinan Stage 2 / CPE Quad Exhaust / KW V2 Coilover / H&R Sway Bars / Forge DV's / Mtech Body Kit / 3D Design Rear CF Diffusor / CF Vorsteiner Decklid Spoiler / OEM SSK / OEM Aluminum Sport Pedals / 20" DPE S10's / AFE Intake / RPI Scoops **SOLD**
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 05:10 AM   #35
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by venemous View Post
I am very interested in upgrading my downpipes with your new catted 3" ones but I am hoping that you can answer a couple of important questions.

First and foremost...I have the Dinan Stage 2 Flash, full CPE exhaust (2nd cats have been deleted), and Forge DV's and I am wondering what benefits I would get from going with this upgrade with my current tune?

Dinan says that they have no plans to release any sort of upgrade for downpipes since it makes no power. Honestly I don't know where they come up with this stuff sometimes since there are many 335's out there which have picked up power with this mod.

That being said I am wondering if this will produce gains on a Dinan flashed car without any sort of special parameters in the tune to account for the downpipes. Also do you think there is any chance that this could actually mess anything up with the car (CEL's...stored codes...driveability issues...etc) since it isn't tuned for downpipes? What kind of gains might I expect by getting these when I have the Dinan flash? Would the gains in a Dinan car be the same as in an otherwise stock car or would they be a little bit higher since I am running more boost and such?

Also I am wondering how much install time might be required by an experienced installation shop since that would also be a factor in my purchase decision...especially if these things needed to come out for some sort of warranty issue. Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi Venemous!

Thank you for the kind words. Let me try to answer these questions for ya.

We've ran our test 135i with the Dinan Stage I and it worked perfect fine. We even ran catless with the Dinan tune and it worked like a charm. Tons of additional power was felt immediately. Our downpipes aren't a mod that you can question if it helps in power. After immediate install you should feel a big difference in power. After 50 miles of adaption, you're gonna feel even more power. Sound will also be changed to a more aggressive tone. Catted videos on our site show a bone stock 335i with just downpipes. Not even the golf tee mod has been done.

With your full exhaust, Forge DV's, Dinan Stage II, your car will sound much more aggressive but not over the top loud.

Although Dinan might not make any tune for downpipes, you're going to feel a big difference. Quicker spool, tons more top end, and of course a more "exotic" sound.

With our downpipes, you should not throw any CEL's at all. We have enough CEL count to eliminate that. You do have your 2ndary cats so I'll double check with our customer's car that has basically the same setup.

Gains on our downpipes will be 20+whp. On a tune, gains are going to be higher.

Installation time should be roughly 2 hours. Please negotiate this before starting the install. I've seen a few people get taken for a 6 hour install because there were doing jobs in between the downpipes. The fit is good for the catted. We are the first to fit 3" downpipes with metal substrate high flow cats! We're proud of our design and sure you'll be happy with the results.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #36
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

So..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
The RR's taper to a 2.5". How much of an advantage is the 3" compared to other highflow DP's in terms of exhaust flow, turbulence and back pressure on the market?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #37
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Adam what happened to smog test? Looks like no volunteers in Cali?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
Hi Venemous!

Thank you for the kind words. Let me try to answer these questions for ya.

We're proud of our design and sure you'll be happy with the results.
Thanks again! What happened to the smog test with the catted pipes? Looks like no volunteers took you up. Also one question was if (smog test=emissions test) and if the assumption that if it passes California it would pass everywhere else was correct. Want these but waiting to see if it passes emissions. If I was in Cali, I'd volunteer, but I am not.
      08-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #38
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFiasco View Post
The 3" start of the downpipes creates quicker spool of the twin turbos. Quicker spool, more velocity at the beginning, thus more power! They will taper to 2.5" because the stock/aftermarket catback systems are 2.5". No need for dual 3" because of the size of the turbos. You have the capability of hitting 400whp on these turbos. Until a turbo upgrade is available, you will be perfectly fine with this setup!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #39
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Thanks again! What happened to the smog test with the catted pipes? Looks like no volunteers took you up. Also one question was if (smog test=emissions test) and if the assumption that if it passes California it would pass everywhere else was correct. Want these but waiting to see if it passes emissions. If I was in Cali, I'd volunteer, but I am not.
Let me see what we can do this week. If we have no takers, we'll try the test only ourselves. Thank you Vase!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #40
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
I remember a topic about having aftermarket catless DP and intake will cause problems to the turbo. Will the Catted DP and intake cause any turbo problems?

Anyone remembers this?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 05:29 AM   #41
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Anyone remembers this?
Not sure about this. Haven't heard of this specific combination to cause problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2008, 12:05 PM   #42
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

will these fit the xi?
Appreciate 0