E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > New to coding and starting this weekend. Suggestions?

01-31-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

New to coding and starting this weekend. Suggestions?

Received my one stop cable this week. I am extremely proficient with computers and all things IT so I am really looking forward to this. I am not however looking forward to the initial installs/setups/configurations/etc.

Any suggestions before I start this weekend?

Should I get a battery tender?

PS - it took forever for the cable to get here from Hong Kong. Another post set my expectations to 14 days, which was spot on. HK Customs opened the package so that could be longer than usual.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #2
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3 Competition

Garage List
Is your laptop all set up? First thing you want to do is run INPA and make sure you get the two black dots to confirm your China cable works.

23 M3 Competition - Stock
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444
Is your laptop all set up? First thing you want to do is run INPA and make sure you get the two black dots to confirm your China cable works.
He said it's a one stop cable so it should work. But definitely check inpa so that you have all the software correctly it's pretty easy just follow the tutorials ncsdiy pdf is really good. Also I had a problem with the files for inpa when I did the airbag test in the pdf it said file missing and @fmonteiro444 hooked it up and it's good now.
Take your time and you should be fine expect to take a few your just troubleshooting if there are small errors from installation but after that is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And very rewarding once you code things lol.
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 08:27 AM   #4
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
He said it's a one stop cable so it should work. But definitely check inpa so that you have all the software correctly it's pretty easy just follow the tutorials ncsdiy pdf is really good. Also I had a problem with the files for inpa when I did the airbag test in the pdf it said file missing and @fmonteiro444 hooked it up and it's good now.
Take your time and you should be fine expect to take a few your just troubleshooting if there are small errors from installation but after that is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. And very rewarding once you code things lol.
Glad those files worked for you When I started coding the same thing happened to me and it took forever to get the answer and files I needed.

Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 09:06 AM   #5
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
Glad those files worked for you When I started coding the same thing happened to me and it took forever to get the answer and files I needed.
Yeah thanks you're the man
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 12:40 AM   #6
Th3xf4ctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mazda6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444 View Post
Any chance you could hook a broth up with the files, I seem to be having a hard time finding them otherwise.
2011 335i Sedan M Sport/Le Mans Blue Metallic/Glacier Aluminum Trim/Heated Seats/Premium Package/Black Leather/Ipod Adapter/Paddles/FormulaOne Tint/Matte Black Grilles/AA Signature Exhaust/AA Chargepipe/ Cobb Stage 1 Aggressive [SOLD]

2007 328i Coupe Sport/Matte Black Kidney's/3M Tint----Lemon'ed
[SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
fmonteiro444
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3xf4ctor View Post
Any chance you could hook a broth up with the files, I seem to be having a hard time finding them otherwise.
PM sent

Appreciate 0