E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E90 moon roof closes with water detection?

02-25-2020, 09:39 PM   #23
Shiny.E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

To answer wether or not I have the key on me, I do not. I used to keep it on me but it was continuously unlocking and locking the doors. The mirrors wouldn’t fold in when this happened neither. Next time I wash my car I’ll take a video so you guys can see. It really is odd because I can’t find anything on it and I didn’t get the car coded and it doesn’t seem like the previous owner did.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 10:17 PM   #24
Gecko123
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny.E90 View Post
Hey guys so I have a question, I was washing my E90 the other day and I use a power wash. My moon roof was tilted and when I hit the moon roof with the power wash it closed itself! Is this a normal feature? It doesn’t close in the rain automatically unless it’s seriously heavy rain which I’ve also noticed. Does the E90 have like a water detection apparatus or something within the moon roof? I can’t find anything about it, would be really cool if these things did
Do you have comfort access? If yes, it might be the comfort access that is activating it. Also, was the keys in your pocket

I have comfort access and when I spray my car with water with a garden hose the water acts as a conductor and unlocks and locks the car repeated. Once I put the keys inside the car and spray the car the problem goes away.
Appreciate 0