E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede v2 vs JB2R... Customer vs Customer *video*

11-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #243
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwzimmer View Post
i'm running V2 with 91 octane w/o problems.

I think the win has to do with the AUTO vs 6MT trannies as well as the weight...
Ding ding ding...
      11-29-2007, 12:30 PM   #244
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Rider View Post
Will it ever end. V2 car beats JB2r car and we hear the V2 car is super natural.

JB2r car wins against a V2 car then we hear JB2r car is a freak of nature.

Once in for all Shiv VS Terry. Any mod you want on your car.
First race- best 2 out of 3 drag race.
Second race- 30-130mph second gear pull. 2 out of 3 race.
Third race- road course. Individual times on the course. To see who has the faster car and is a better driver.

Who wins 2 out of three of these events is the winner.

Just a thought
A dragrace is the only way to determine the quicker car.

Launching from a dig requires a unique skill and from the results posted...that nod goes to Terry! The Vishnu car might indeed run faster times but it will but sucking tail pipe with a 2.anything 60'.
      11-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #245
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

PROcede just makes too much power for the JB2R....
and no1 is gonna run race gas all the time, that just seems dumb.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 12:55 PM   #246
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill335 View Post
I'm currently running Toyo T1 R's for everyday driving on the OEM 18's. I run 18x10inch BBS CH's on BFG Drag Radials when I'm looking to start something from a dig. The 275's on the rear hook up pretty good. I'd like to shed a bit of weight though. Can't say I care about looks when it comes down to race wheels.

Plus I'll be able to make my money back my first pass out at the track if everything goes as planned...
Hey man, check this thread out.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95066

I'm running K1s also, all around, at least when on track. But as you said, they look like crap. But anything looks like crap after a few laps.

One thing is that they WILL fit over the E92 sport brakes, but if you get anything wedged in there, you'll see concentric scoring on the inside of the wheel.

Upon examining my wheels - it looks like what happened is I got chunks of rubber somehow flying into the wheel and therefore marring/scoring up the inside of the wheel. Or maybe it was a pebble. Also - don't know if I'd run these wheels on the street all the time. They are made to be light as hell - but they aren't the strongest. I know more than a few who have cracked them.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #247
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
That's cool man. You have the right to use "street races" as your data points. I'd just be concerned that there are plenty of other variables, namely two different drivers, two different cars, a DP that is not the same one as the one Sherwin has, etc.

I guess I trust dyno figures more. Same car, same dyno tester, pretty idiotproof.

Dyno's can be manipulated to say what the operator wants them to say.

Case in point with my last car 17psi put down 590rwhp 407rwtq on a dynojet 248 in Houston, 20psi put down 554rwhp 411rwtq on a dynojet 248 in Alabama. The first dyno belonged to the tuner...the second was an impartial independent dyno.

The big black two lane dyno with a christmas tree in the center doesn't lie...
      11-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #248
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5sokol335icoupe View Post
PROcede just makes too much power for the JB2R....
and no1 is gonna run race gas all the time, that just seems dumb.
I think the JB2R was created for people that want to run race gas...feel free to color me simple though!
      11-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #249
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Hey man, check this thread out.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95066

I'm running K1s also, all around, at least when on track. But as you said, they look like crap. But anything looks like crap after a few laps.

One thing is that they WILL fit over the E92 sport brakes, but if you get anything wedged in there, you'll see concentric scoring on the inside of the wheel.

Upon examining my wheels - it looks like what happened is I got chunks of rubber somehow flying into the wheel and therefore marring/scoring up the inside of the wheel. Or maybe it was a pebble. Also - don't know if I'd run these wheels on the street all the time. They are made to be light as hell - but they aren't the strongest. I know more than a few who have cracked them.
Thanks. I'll have a look around. I'll probably grab a set when I return from MO.
      11-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #250
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Dyno's can be manipulated to say what the operator wants them to say.

Case in point with my last car 17psi put down 590rwhp 407rwtq on a dynojet 248 in Houston, 20psi put down 554rwhp 411rwtq on a dynojet 248 in Alabama. The first dyno belonged to the tuner...the second was an impartial independent dyno.

The big black two lane dyno with a christmas tree in the center doesn't lie...
In my quoted example, it was tested by the same guy in both cases.

The same guy who paid $1000 for his downpipes. I'd trust his testing unless he had some grudge against the manufacturer. Not many people want to publicly announce that they spent $1000 to reduce power.

The tree results don't account for all the variables. I bet you if you put your 99 year old grandmother in a 6MT 335i and put me in a Honda Civic, I'd probably get better traps and ET. Driver/shiftpoints/launching/conditions/etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 01:20 PM   #251
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
Terry, arguing with you is as exasperating as it has always been.

The conclusive relevant data, peak torque and peak HP, is there. The HP and torque data clearly shows that the DP did not help and if anything, hurts a car with PROcede, based on shiv's maps. I believe so and the one performing the test believes so.

Yet you still try to ignore the conclusive peak HP and the peak torque and try to infer an opposite conclusion based on other, non-conclusive data.

Your argument is like saying: John made more money last year than Mike as evidenced by their tax returns, but because Mike has a better education, any reasonable person could see that Mike makes more money. Ignoring the result to argue based on contributing factors.

But I can see why you're pissed. I'll give you this win. Have a nice one!
I'm new here...where are the down pipe tests located?

I'm not taking anyones side here...just concerned about the numbers involved. As we all know peak numbers mean very little...power within the rpm band is what you want. If the pipes make less power peak...but offer better power throughout the rev band...the dp's are worth the coin.
      11-29-2007, 01:26 PM   #252
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm new here...where are the down pipe tests located?

I'm not taking anyones side here...just concerned about the numbers involved. As we all know peak numbers mean very little...power within the rpm band is what you want. If the pipes make less power peak...but offer better power throughout the rev band...the dp's are worth the coin.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81393

I got em b/c they reduce lag to almost zero, while not throwing CELs and causing me to cough when I take a deep breath.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #253
Trill335
انا خارج الكلبه
Rep

Quote:
In my quoted example, it was tested by the same guy in both cases.

The same guy who paid $1000 for his downpipes. I'd trust his testing unless he had some grudge against the manufacturer. Not many people want to publicly announce that they spent $1000 to reduce power.

The tree results don't account for all the variables. I bet you if you put your 99 year old grandmother in a 6MT 335i and put me in a Honda Civic, I'd probably get better traps and ET. Driver/shiftpoints/launching/conditions/etc.
understood...

It's a bit more simple than you make it out to be though sir. Utilize the same driver on the same track on the same day for all conclusive testing. This kills the argument. If you want to take it up another notch ensure the vehicle has the same tranny...preferably an auto...the variable for miss-shifts can be thrown out the window from that point forward.

This is not like discussing astrophysics with a crack-head...