E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Installed: Snow Performance - Water / Meth Injection

01-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #45
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
No you just misunderstood the word overall.
Thanks for the clarification. I'm following you now.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #46
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp335i View Post

The Screen is the Zeitronix Boost / EGT / O2 display. I converted the ashtray to the sunglass holder and it fits perfectly. The lid still closes as well.
SUPER CLEAN INSTALL

Any chance you can point me in the direction to turning the ash try into a sunglass holder like you did? Also what "tuning" are you running on the car? Cant wait to see a dyno
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2008, 08:51 PM   #47
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
SUPER CLEAN INSTALL

Any chance you can point me in the direction to turning the ash try into a sunglass holder like you did? Also what "tuning" are you running on the car? Cant wait to see a dyno
I dont recall the part# but you can get it from the dealership... its around $15, Just tell them sunglass holder for e90/92/93

I am currently running on PROcedeV2
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #48
RetroGamerJP
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

here are the Dynos...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107055
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #49
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
AFAIK, we don't have a MAF controlled system in the 335i ...

The PROcede itself would be a perfect controller for a WIS system and could act as the WIS controller, respecting boost pressure and rpm . The Helix Attaché is announced with WIS support already.

We're speed density based, not MAF.

I thought the PROcede had W/I control capability. no?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #50
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Did you have to drill any holes anywhere? I am pretty ignorant when it comes to meth injection. I want this mod, but also want a way to revert back to stock just in case. What is the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 kit? I would prefer the cheapest route, but if I MUST go the more expensive route, then I will.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #51
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Did you have to drill any holes anywhere? I am pretty ignorant when it comes to meth injection. I want this mod, but also want a way to revert back to stock just in case. What is the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 kit? I would prefer the cheapest route, but if I MUST go the more expensive route, then I will.
be careful with meth...the jury is still out on whether water / meth will corrode our engine....m&m is running it, and has some past experience that he said implies no engine corrosion.

eugene said he hoped m&m was correct, but still eugene quoted sources that stated water/meth will corrode our n54s. i have been told by one of the "tuners" it is not a good idea to be amoung the first.

fwiw, i was high on water/meth, but not too sure now..
if anything i would go just water injection - while just water would be more conservative, it would defintely be safer.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:22 PM   #52
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
be careful with meth...the jury is still out on whether water / meth will corrode our engine....m&m is running it, and has some past experience that he said implies no engine corrosion.

eugene said he hoped m&m was correct, but still eugene quoted sources that stated water/meth will corrode our n54s. i have been told by one of the "tuners" it is not a good idea to be amoung the first.

if anything i would go just water injection - while just water would be more conservative, it would defintely be safer.
There is no jury out on corrosion, there is none, and certainly not the engine. The amount you're spraying will never stay on any part of the engine. It takes time for meth to corrode aluminum when its completely submerged in 100%. We are talking about spraying a mix of meth and water, that is only going to be in contact, very very little contact, for moments. It's just a plain non issue.
      01-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #53
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post

It should be burnt up before it sees much of the engine, and even then as O-ha says it will only clean the engine. The only other bad effect I know of is having to change your oil a little more often, forgot the justification behind that, but I know I won't run it longer than 3K miles if I go this route.

BTW, is the stage 1 kit just as good as the stage 2? Trying to scrape by as cheaply as possible.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:28 PM   #54
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is no jury out on corrosion, there is none, and certainly not the engine. The amount you're spraying will never stay on any part of the engine. It takes time for meth to corrode aluminum when its completely submerged in 100%. We are talking about spraying a mix of meth and water, that is only going to be in contact, very very little contact, for moments. It's just a plain non issue.
Hey O-cha, could you refer to the snow performance stage 1 and the stage 2 kits? What is the ~$200 difference for? Can you still utilize stage 1 to inject based on PSI? Thanks for the clarification.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #55
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It should be burnt up before it sees much of the engine, and even then as O-ha says it will only clean the engine. The only other bad effect I know of is having to change your oil a little more often, forgot the justification behind that, but I know I won't run it longer than 3K miles if I go this route.

BTW, is the stage 1 kit just as good as the stage 2? Trying to scrape by as cheaply as possible.
The cleaning thing was sort of a joke, not meant to be taken seriously. Again though it's not that it will burn up first. The meth will go through the charge piping after the IC, past the TB, into the intake manifold, past the intake valves and into the chamber. So there's plenty of things it will touch before it is combusted. But it's not going to stick to be in contact for a long enough period to even come close to causing corrosion. After spraying is over (you don't go WOT all the time even on the track) anything left on these parts (there wont be but even if there was) would immediately evaporate and be carried into the cylinder by the massive volumes of air going past.
      01-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #56
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The cleaning thing was sort of a joke, not meant to be taken seriously. Again though it's not that it will burn up first. The meth will go through the charge piping after the IC, past the TB, into the intake manifold, past the intake valves and into the chamber. So there's plenty of things it will touch before it is combusted. But it's not going to stick to be in contact for a long enough period to even come close to causing corrosion. After spraying is over (you don't go WOT all the time even on the track) anything left on these parts (there wont be but even if there was) would immediately evaporate and be carried into the cylinder by the massive volumes of air going past.

I recognized it as a joke by denoting the smiley. DUH!

Haha, jk. I mean the cleaning reference to be a joke as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 09:03 PM   #57
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone on the differences between the stage 1 and stage 2 snow performance systems??
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #58
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Anyone on the differences between the stage 1 and stage 2 snow performance systems??
Stage one is a fixed spray only, stage 2 gives people with boosting building engines to have a progressive spray. It wont yield such in the 335. So get the stage one if you have to. But the stage two might be integral with the procede (you have one or someone else) whenever shiv decides to give us the super cheap HP.
      01-15-2008, 06:20 AM   #59
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Stage one is a fixed spray only, stage 2 gives people with boosting building engines to have a progressive spray. It wont yield such in the 335. So get the stage one if you have to. But the stage two might be integral with the procede (you have one or someone else) whenever shiv decides to give us the super cheap HP.
So stage one will do everythig we can do right now correct? The only difference is stage 2 will spray, say 40% at 7 psi, then taper up to 100% at 14.5 - 15 psi? Is this correct? Would I be better off getting the stage 2? Would it be harmful if I used a fixed spray and had it activate at about 7 PSI up to 15 psi? I don't think there is any problem with that, no?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #60
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So stage one will do everythig we can do right now correct? The only difference is stage 2 will spray, say 40% at 7 psi, then taper up to 100% at 14.5 - 15 psi? Is this correct? Would I be better off getting the stage 2? Would it be harmful if I used a fixed spray and had it activate at about 7 PSI up to 15 psi? I don't think there is any problem with that, no?
No if you got the stage two and you wanted it to start at 7psi you would want it to be at full by 10-12, yes it would be worse if you had it going to full at 15.
      01-15-2008, 01:26 PM   #61
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Great post!

I've been running Snow's W/M injection setup on my VF-Supercharged M3, with similiar results. I saw a 15WHP gain with it, and you're main reasoning for running it is a good one, consistancy and a nice safety valve with the added boost.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #62
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No if you got the stage two and you wanted it to start at 7psi you would want it to be at full by 10-12, yes it would be worse if you had it going to full at 15.
Sorry for my ignorance, but would stage 1 be acceptable? You can set it to turn on @ a certain PSI and turn off @ a certain PSI. Could you please give me your recommendation on a package and what your reasoning is behind it? Thanks so much.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #63
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance, but would stage 1 be acceptable? You can set it to turn on @ a certain PSI and turn off @ a certain PSI. Could you please give me your recommendation on a package and what your reasoning is behind it? Thanks so much.
If your seriously asking for a recommendation I would recommend the aquamist 2d system, it's around 800 dollars though and not 100% complete.

As for the SP stage 1, yes it comes on at a preset level and sprays a flat spray, that's it. I would not use that, but that's me. The stage 2 will do the same thing, but have the capability of possible future tuning.
      01-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #64
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If your seriously asking for a recommendation I would recommend the aquamist 2d system, it's around 800 dollars though and not 100% complete.

As for the SP stage 1, yes it comes on at a preset level and sprays a flat spray, that's it. I would not use that, but that's me. The stage 2 will do the same thing, but have the capability of possible future tuning.
I am not interested in tuning my car for the meth spray, so would the SP package 1 be suitable for my needs? I do like the idea of enabling injection @ a certain PSI and cutting it off at a certain PSI. What PSI would you recommend to begin spraying and what PSI to cut off the spray? Besides, if shiv/anyone else doesn't tune specifically for meth injection, then the SP 2 is pointless, correct?

Also, does the stage 2 allow you to tweak how MUCH you are injecting at a certain PSI? Or is it a flat rate of spray as well? Would a flat rate be harmful?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #65
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone got any opinnions?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #66
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I am not interested in tuning my car for the meth spray, so would the SP package 1 be suitable for my needs? I do like the idea of enabling injection @ a certain PSI and cutting it off at a certain PSI. What PSI would you recommend to begin spraying and what PSI to cut off the spray? Besides, if shiv/anyone else doesn't tune specifically for meth injection, then the SP 2 is pointless, correct?

Also, does the stage 2 allow you to tweak how MUCH you are injecting at a certain PSI? Or is it a flat rate of spray as well? Would a flat rate be harmful?
You're killing me, Yes the SP stage 1 will give you a constant fixed spray at a certain psi. If it were me I would tell it to spray at 10psi. Yes the stage two would be useless and do the same as stage 1, but might have the possibility of being useful in the future.