E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Very poor radio reception all of a sudden?

06-08-2018, 04:38 AM   #23
BeamerNub
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series

Had a look at the diversity antenna last night. Looked spotless but I've ordered a second hand one off eBay. Will swap it and see if anything improves.

With there being a fakra plug on the end, has anyone created a new DIY aerial that doesn't use the diversity antenna? This would still work with the remote central locking, it would just avoid providing the signal for the radio am i right?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #24
BeamerNub
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series

So after ordering a new diversity antenna (which hasn't arrived yet) I discovered what the issue was today. Pin 13 in the quad lock is the power for the diversity antenna. The aftermarket stereo had this wire going to nowhere. I hooked it up to switched 12 volts and boom, perfect reception. Probably the best reception I've had on a car.
Appreciate 0