E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Euro style headlights - Whats my best option?

11-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
dreday28
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Euro style headlights - Whats my best option?

Hey guys! I just got my 06 325i and l'm loving this forum so far! First thing I wanted to change on my 325i are the headlights, i think the amber is SO UGLY! So i've looked around and found two alternatives

My first option is to get new euro style headlights. I've looked around and havnt been able to find the OEM ones headlights for less then $400. But I did find these from Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_3859wt_1025

Aftermarket, but I like the look. Makes it look like the new 328i's.

My second option is to just buy the Amber vinyl covers from here:

http://www.**********s.com/Vitex-Amb...0-3-Series.htm

MUCH cheaper solution but i'm afraid of making my headlights look cheapy. I havnt been able to see a good quality picture of them on some headlights. If i do get there i would get something white, that would blend in and not make it stand out.

Any opinion guys??
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

If you are going for full headlight replacements, stick with the DEPO brand Projector90s. These are the closest OE Euro look and do not have that cheaper look like the ebay link.

With that said, if you have OE factory xenons, there is no reason to replace those just to get a euro clear. You can always go with painted headlight covers for a more complete cover up:

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

Those eBay lights look like ass in the pics and I bet they're worse in person. If you already have xenons and want a cheap solution to the orange, get Amber Gones. They don't look great, they look passable. But better than orange. The Bimmian covers look weird IMO - I don't like the chunky added-on look and they cost a lot more. If you really want to do it right, send your lights to MDS82 and have him open your headlights and cover the orange from the inside. Or for the ultimate upgrade send em to OSS or Umnitza and change your angel eyes to LEDs at the same time.

If you don't have xenons, get the DEPO Euros and kill two birds with one stone.
Appreciate 0