E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding help

02-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #1
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

coding help

hi

i need help with two things, i hope someone can help.

i wanted to upgrade my frm1 to a frm 2, i have a pre lci e90 with lci xenons. now i bought the car with the lci xenon installed, but nothing was coded. didnt have flash to pass active. and my led blinkers would causa an error upon start up. i also wanted coming home lights. so i decided to swap to a frm2, had a local guy "code" it for me, but he is useless. now i have flash to pass, but no high beams(had high beams before) and no coming home lights with the keyfob. from what i can tell through inpa the car still thinks it has frm1. can anybody either help me with a step by step guide, or help to do it with team viewer or something. i have a cable and software instaled.

the other problem i have is i retrofitted front pdc. i had double gongs before the pdc retrofit, it plays through the headunit and trhought the dedicated pdc speakers. with the new front and rear pdc module it works only through the headunit, the problem is i have an android headunit and it has a bug. the pdc sounds arnt correct(it never makes a constant beep when you close to an object and have to stop) so i would like to code the new pdc module to send the pdc sound through the dedicated pdc speakers and not have the sound come through the headunit.

any help greatly appreciated. have read a ton of threads, but haven't figured it out myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosjpt View Post
hi

i need help with two things, i hope someone can help.

i wanted to upgrade my frm1 to a frm 2, i have a pre lci e90 with lci xenons. now i bought the car with the lci xenon installed, but nothing was coded. didnt have flash to pass active. and my led blinkers would causa an error upon start up. i also wanted coming home lights. so i decided to swap to a frm2, had a local guy "code" it for me, but he is useless. now i have flash to pass, but no high beams(had high beams before) and no coming home lights with the keyfob. from what i can tell through inpa the car still thinks it has frm1. can anybody either help me with a step by step guide, or help to do it with team viewer or something. i have a cable and software instaled.

the other problem i have is i retrofitted front pdc. i had double gongs before the pdc retrofit, it plays through the headunit and trhought the dedicated pdc speakers. with the new front and rear pdc module it works only through the headunit, the problem is i have an android headunit and it has a bug. the pdc sounds arnt correct(it never makes a constant beep when you close to an object and have to stop) so i would like to code the new pdc module to send the pdc sound through the dedicated pdc speakers and not have the sound come through the headunit.

any help greatly appreciated. have read a ton of threads, but haven't figured it out myself.
Re PDC:

If I remember correctly look in the PDC module and set:

tonausgabe_can
nicht_aktiv
tonausgabe_lsp
aktiv

Re FRM:

What headlights? AHL? Have you done any wiring modification? How was the FRM coded?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 06:04 PM   #3
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Re PDC:

If I remember correctly look in the PDC module and set:

tonausgabe_can
nicht_aktiv
tonausgabe_lsp
aktiv

thank you so very much, will give it a try.

Re FRM:

What headlights? AHL? Have you done any wiring modification? How was the FRM coded?

i have the normal lci xenons, non adaptive. from what i can tell, wiring doesn't seem to have been altered. also info from a vin decodor said my car already had xenon stock. so seems like it was just upgraded from pre lci xenon to lci xenon. not exactly sure what the guy used to code it, had read anything about coding at the time. from what i remember it was mostly ncs. i have a feeling he just plugged it in and tried to get the options i wanted working through ncs.

thanks for the help so far
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 03:41 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Ok, check to see if your new NFRM VO matches your CAS VO. If it doesn't you need to load the VO from CAS and FA WRITE it to your NFRM.

Then default code the NFRM with Expertmode.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #5
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ok, check to see if your new NFRM VO matches your CAS VO. If it doesn't you need to load the VO from CAS and FA WRITE it to your NFRM.

will try that out tomorrow.thanks

dont i need to write the vin on the new frm? also, does the new frm "new" need to be from a car with xenon, as i have xenon. i read it doenst matter, but now im not so sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #6
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

will try that out tomorrow.thanks

dont i need to write the vin on the new frm? also, does the new frm "new" need to be from a car with xenon, as i have xenon. i read it doenst matter, but now im not so sure.
Yes, you should write the VIN. Use Tool32 or flash the FRM with winkfp.

Yes, for standard Xenon you need 'XE' version. It'll probably be fine with AHL version also.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 09:34 AM   #7
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:

Yes, for standard Xenon you need 'XE' version. It'll probably be fine with AHL version also.
seems like i have found a big problem then, just checked the new frmII and it just says e87 nsw 9166707, so its not for xenon. no way to get this to work is there?

like i said before its in the car now. everything works, exept i dont have highbeams, and i cant program welcome lights with the keyfob
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

seems like i have found a big problem then, just checked the new frmII and it just says e87 nsw 9166707, so its not for xenon. no way to get this to work is there?

like i said before its in the car now. everything works, exept i dont have highbeams, and i cant program welcome lights with the keyfob
That FRM is for a halogen car with fog lights.

As you have LCI headlights I'd suggest FRM3 XE or MAX BROSE.

At least FRM 2 XE.

What can I say, it's the wrong FRM. Change it for a compatible one.

You may be able to get it to work with coding / wiring changes. But he PWM voltage will always be wrong I think. I can see it only leading to problems. But why not just change it?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 07:17 PM   #9
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

Quote:
That FRM is for a halogen car with fog lights.

As you have LCI headlights I'd suggest FRM3 XE or MAX BROSE.

At least FRM 2 XE.

What can I say, it's the wrong FRM. Change it for a compatible one.

You may be able to get it to work with coding / wiring changes. But he PWM voltage will always be wrong I think. I can see it only leading to problems. But why not just change it?
you are probably right. will stick my original one in there for the mean time,while i find the correct one.

maybe you can help me solve the problem i had with my original frm(thats for xenon, i checked) everything works, but i have no flash to pass, i here the shutter open and close, but no light. any idea?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 04:23 PM   #10
Carlosjpt
Private
Rep

just to confirm, this one will work, correct?

LCM PL2-FRM II 9166708/ 728

lci xenon, lci rears (all on pre lci car) and welcome lights with key fob.

thanks
Appreciate 0