E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N54 Clutch and Oil Pan Gasket

02-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
coxster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpineweiss 135i M-Sport

N54 Clutch and Oil Pan Gasket

Hello All,
I've embarked on replacing my oil pan gasket, motor mounts, pre-cat O2 sensors and doing a clutch job on my 2008 6MT w/90K miles. I have the subframe dropped and am trying to remove the transmission. I'm having trouble getting it out though (all eight bell housing bolts removed) and I'm wondering if it's because I should have done the clutch job with the subframe still attached so the engine can rest on it? The engine is supported with a tow hook + engine brace. As I lower the transmission jack the transmission just keeps dropping towards the floor and I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up if I let it drop further. Should I wait to do the clutch job until after I get the subframe back in place? Using HPF and Budget Bimmer videos for reference, but those don't drop the subframe. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
-Jason
Appreciate 0