E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Anyone used Paul Petrone Auto Body shop?

02-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #23
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

People dont seem to understand you get what you pay for especially when it comes to a body shop. Skimp out now and it will cost you double to fix crappy body work.

Best thing I recommend is to check out reviews online at all the major sites. Be weary of "reviews" posted on forums with low post count because chances are it's the shop posting or a friend. I know a shop that does this a lot here and on fanatics and that's how they sucker people going to them. People will know soon enough.

If you are one of those people that think those guys in the local Best Buy parking lot doing "body work" is good enough then you will be happy with any shops work but if you are like most car enthusiasts like myself that type of work won't cut it.

Besides checking out reviews online also check out the shop in person prior. You can get an idea what type of work they do just based on how the shop looks and the types of cars they work on.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 02-05-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #24
Baysideguy
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: lincoln

I'd like to thank everyone on this thread for recommending a real auto body shop called Mac. I'll definitely give them a try.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

i have had experience with mac, they are within high standards, from the shop to the tools and down to the people working there.

if i were you, id take a trip down there and youll know what im talking about.

i havent done any major mods on my car but had my bumper redone from them and it was perfect.

if you take some time and look at the MAC thread you'll know what im talking about.

its competition who does a perfect job, there will always be other places.etc
only a few really get to the point where they are highly reputable.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2011, 09:57 PM   #26
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

for as long as MAC and the current management is there, they have a customer for life now.
      02-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
for as long as MAC and the current management is there, they have a customer for life now.
what makes you say as long as, and current management ?????????????
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #28
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romiie View Post
what makes you say as long as, and current management ?????????????
what are you talking about? when shops are taken over by new management, go out of business, etc, things change.

I'm praising the work they do.
      07-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #29
MyManTom
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

You can't always believe what other people say!

A lot of shops like to post bad comments about other shops and write positive comments about theirs. For example, when the first writer asked if Paul Petrone was good or not, people quickly wrote that MAC was the best and they really didn't say anything about Paul Petrone, if they are good or not. This is why I don't really write in forums because most of them have fixed comments by other body shops!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #30
MyManTom
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
People dont seem to understand you get what you pay for especially when it comes to a body shop. Skimp out now and it will cost you double to fix crappy body work.

Best thing I recommend is to check out reviews online at all the major sites. Be weary of "reviews" posted on forums with low post count because chances are it's the shop posting or a friend. I know a shop that does this a lot here and on fanatics and that's how they sucker people going to them. People will know soon enough.

If you are one of those people that think those guys in the local Best Buy parking lot doing "body work" is good enough then you will be happy with any shops work but if you are like most car enthusiasts like myself that type of work won't cut it.

Besides checking out reviews online also check out the shop in person prior. You can get an idea what type of work they do just based on how the shop looks and the types of cars they work on.

Alan
Thank you Alan, finally someone agrees with me!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #31
Baysideguy
Registered
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

I really think PP autobody only do a better paint job for the high end auto's that i've seen there. Why treat my paint job like a second class citizen with no green card and possible chance of deportation? I had a brand new factory bumper that they screwed over twice! Not too mention that they also kept my car there for over 2 months the first time. And as far as there mechanical shop is concerned, they will replace everything under the sun that they THINK is the problem with your car, wtf? don't they know how too trouble shoot and get to the real mechanical problem? They just suck period.....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #32
LDSM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

I've gone to Paul Petrone years ago, probably 5 years ago, to get a window regulator fixed on an old e46 BMW.

It was a very straightforward transaction, I walked in, told him I needed a window regulator fixed, he told me how much, then 1 or 2 days later (I don't remember how long it took it's been so long) the car was done.

In this case it was a very easy transaction, no high pressure sales for getting a tune up or anything like that, I knew the price of a window regulator so his price for parts was on par, and his price for labor was reasonable too.

Although this was a very small repair, I probably would go there again if I had a BMW out of warranty...with that said, I probably wouldn't go there for body work, upon seeing the shop it looked geared more towards mechanical repairs. and after looking up MAC and seeing their setup online you can tell that place is definitely specialized for bodywork
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #33
Baysideguy
Registered
United_States
Rep

repost:Funny cause I took my 1971 Dodge to Paul's to have the right side torsion bar replaced also a very long time ago. After receiving my car and driving it I noticed that it was sitting lop sided so I brought the car back to Paul to get it checked. They told me they installed a left sided torsion bar which was the wrong part ( a right side torsion bar should have been installed) but the remark from the mechanic when I told him the car was lop sided, he said well when you sit back in it will straighten out. Yes very professional staff. More time wasted when a simple job should have been done right the first time! And by the way, I'm not fat.......
Appreciate 0