E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > brake line bracket rubbing on drop link

06-12-2023, 04:31 PM   #1
Simbl
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330i

brake line bracket rubbing on drop link

I have an e92 with e92 m3 sway bar standard se springs but with koni fsd shocks. I have m3 arms and I also have braided brake lines.

The brake line bracket is rubbing on the drop link. It’s happening on both sides and I’m pretty sure I have the brackets on the rights sides.

I can see there is a new part that supersedes the brackets I have. So I’m not sure if I need that or now.

Has any come across this issue? This is the knock I’ve been chasing for months and now I’m not sure what the solution is. I bent them back but still seems to be contacting.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:39 PM   #2
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Can you post a picture?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 03:41 PM   #3
Simbl
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I’ll get one taken tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2023, 09:51 AM   #4
Simbl
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

In photos you can see the droplink I took off and where the rubbing has occurred o the driver’s side . This is about 10 months old TRW brand. I’ve replaced with a lemforder one which you can see in the photos of the suspension. Checking on the lemforder droplink my adjustments to the brake bracket have seemed to stop the rubbing. However I’m pretty sure I can hear it knocking but the vibrations may be traveling through the arb itself.

On the passenger side I did not replace the drop link but I’m pretty sure it’s still rubbing even after I bent it for more clearance. This time I have taken it of the car and it was certainly bent out of original shape when comparing to photos of a new unit.

I’m sure why this is happening I have se “c5” springs with m3 arb so maybe there is to much travel for the arb.

Any thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0