E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > FLA Coding issues, please help

01-21-2016, 11:22 AM   #1
M3mo
Rep
Drives: M3 2011 ZCP

FLA Coding issues, please help

Guys,

I’m desperate here, if you can please help.

I have retrofitted FLA to E92 and accidently swapped Can High and Low in the mirror.

Noticed that, when I was trying to code this with Expert Profile and the module didn’t respond.

After swapping those two cables, I was able to code this correctly, noticed also different VIN and tried to change it with Tools32, but it doesn’t seems to be doing anything as INPA sees this still with the old VIN (if it see it)

I didn’t drive the car, but I can enable the FLA without any issues, but I have fault now as SOS system failure.

Now I’m also having issues, INPA doesn’t see all modules, if I run UIF it is showing only few modules, and usually different modules every time.

Also modules I have seen before with VIN are showing 000000 instead of VIN and date back 2006 instead of 2011, I have noticed PGS module with this behaviour.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2016, 05:13 PM   #2
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3mo View Post
Guys,

I’m desperate here, if you can please help.

I have retrofitted FLA to E92 and accidently swapped Can High and Low in the mirror.

Noticed that, when I was trying to code this with Expert Profile and the module didn’t respond.

After swapping those two cables, I was able to code this correctly, noticed also different VIN and tried to change it with Tools32, but it doesn’t seems to be doing anything as INPA sees this still with the old VIN (if it see it)

I didn’t drive the car, but I can enable the FLA without any issues, but I have fault now as SOS system failure.

Now I’m also having issues, INPA doesn’t see all modules, if I run UIF it is showing only few modules, and usually different modules every time.

Also modules I have seen before with VIN are showing 000000 instead of VIN and date back 2006 instead of 2011, I have noticed PGS module with this behaviour.
Check the Latency Timer under the Advanced Settings for your COM port in Windows Device Manager. I've seen the Latency Timer revert to 16ms and when it happened, INPA acted wonky as you described. (i.e. not identifying all installed modules)
      01-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
M3mo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
Check the Latency Timer under the Advanced Settings for your COM port in Windows Device Manager. I've seen the Latency Timer revert to 16ms and when it happened, INPA acted wonky as you described. (i.e. not identifying all installed modules)

Thank you, that was it

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 02:35 PM   #4
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3mo View Post

Thank you, that was it

You're welcome, I'm glad that I was able to assist. Thank you for reporting back!
      01-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #5
M3mo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
You're welcome, I'm glad that I was able to assist. Thank you for reporting back!
Funny enough, I have had couple of laptops, even this one I'm using for about 2 years and never happend.

As I have been actually ding two jobs in same time (FLA and AHL) I wasn't sure if something is not faulty.

Really great help

thank you again.
Appreciate 0