E90Post

Lease SwApp

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Witter flange towbar on E91 question.

07-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
gluas
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport E91 2008

Witter flange towbar on E91 question.

Hi, First post. I intend to fit a towbar to my E91 320d. I want to keep costs down and I am trying to find out if anyone has fitted the Witter flange type towbar, not the removable type, and does it interfere with the parking sensors?
I know that the detachable one is better for appearance but I am trying to keep costs down as this is only going to be used very rarely for a bike carrier and a trailer. I have a tailgate mounted bike rack but it does not inspire any confidence and is a pain if you need something out of the boot.
If I have to go for the detachable one is there any secondary safety cable attachment point on it?

Many thanks,
Martin

Fixed flange Witter towbar: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/3-series-to...e-tow-bar.html

Detachable flange Witter towbar: http://www.pfjones.co.uk/3-series-to...e-tow-bar.html
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 03:16 AM   #2
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Send a message via Skype™ to Bee Pee
I have a wittier detachable flanged towbar supplied and fitted by P F Jones. It is for cycle rack mainly and occassional small trailer.

Talk to PFJ as they are very helpful. I had similar concerns abt parking sensors. They told me my options for wiring loom. I opted for oem specific loom and it works no problem.

This is the 3rd car I have had towbar from PFJ and rate them highly.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
gluas
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport E91 2008

Thanks for the reply.

I did email P F Jones but got no reply so will give them a ring.

Do you recall if the sensors "beep" when the tow bar is in place and no trailer or bike carrier?

Thanks again,
Martin
Appreciate 0