E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Need help selling my car (pt2)

08-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
Jimmy96
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 Bae

Need help selling my car (pt2)

Hey guys,

I've listed my car for sale:

But I haven't gotten any real serious inquires. I spent a lot of money maintaining my car ($6k in the past year alone) and it runs and looks absolutely mint with all the major N54 ticket items done with records and no accients. Also I have a rare color, oem msport pkg, msport exhaust, navigation, and a whole bunch of other features.. I even included a Blackstone analysis to show off how well condition the engine is in!

What gives? Did I price too high? Is my ad too lengthy? Nobody wants AT? Bad time to sell cars? Pics look shitty?

Anyone have any tips/advice? It would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Jimmy96; 10-05-2018 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 06:56 AM   #2
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

If you do a quick search on autotrader you would notice that the average price is around 12-13k for a good condition 335 like yours.
Also keep in mind N54 have a bad reputation regarding maintenance, it almost seems the majority of people interested on them are after the ones with manual transmission ( for tuning purposes) . It almost feel like the majority of people wanting automatic sedan would rather get a 328 than a 335 just do avoid headaches , also pricing plays a big factor here. Most people in the market for a 4 door automatic sedan are more than happy with the power / reliability of the N52.

I saw your ad here before and I thought it was a little bit high , also I would remove the date you purchase the car ( august 2017) , it just throws red flags that you want to get rid of the car so fast , even though you did explain you want manual , but still nowdays people are hesitant to believe that type of stuff.

Another thing that may I've noticed was that in your one year of ownership you have spent around 6000$ in maintenance , so to me it almost sounds that you want to get rid of the car because its a maintenance headache .
As I was reading your ad last week , I kept on thinking this guy spent 6k in maintenance in one year, so now I m going to pay close to 20k for a 10 year old car and potentially have to pay 5k in repairs each year, it just did not make sense to me

So my advice is , lower the price a little more , remove the date you purchase the car , list the maintenance done to the car but remove dates . There is not need to list windshield replacement. This would probably attract more people to come see the car , if someone is serious about it and asks you then sure tell them , if they don't do, not even bother. Let them test drive and see for themselves the condition of the car or let them take it to their mechanic ( or dealer) and verify condition of the car. I can not tell you how you are going to deal with test pilots, or people taking the car to their mechanics, it really depends on how comfortable you feel , if the buyer is a serious buyer , etc etc. I can only tell you how you can possibly attract more buyers
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Jimmy96
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
If you do a quick search on autotrader you would notice that the average price is around 12-13k for a good condition 335 like yours.
Also keep in mind N54 have a bad reputation regarding maintenance, it almost seems the majority of people interested on them are after the ones with manual transmission ( for tuning purposes) . It almost feel like the majority of people wanting automatic sedan would rather get a 328 than a 335 just do avoid headaches , also pricing plays a big factor here. Most people in the market for a 4 door automatic sedan are more than happy with the power / reliability of the N52.

I saw your ad here before and I thought it was a little bit high , also I would remove the date you purchase the car ( august 2017) , it just throws red flags that you want to get rid of the car so fast , even though you did explain you want manual , but still nowdays people are hesitant to believe that type of stuff.

Another thing that may I've noticed was that in your one year of ownership you have spent around 6000$ in maintenance , so to me it almost sounds that you want to get rid of the car because its a maintenance headache .
As I was reading your ad last week , I kept on thinking this guy spent 6k in maintenance in one year, so now I m going to pay close to 20k for a 10 year old car and potentially have to pay 5k in repairs each year, it just did not make sense to me

So my advice is , lower the price a little more , remove the date you purchase the car , list the maintenance done to the car but remove dates . There is not need to list windshield replacement. This would probably attract more people to come see the car , if someone is serious about it and asks you then sure tell them , if they don't do, not even bother. Let them test drive and see for themselves the condition of the car or let them take it to their mechanic ( or dealer) and verify condition of the car. I can not tell you how you are going to deal with test pilots, or people taking the car to their mechanics, it really depends on how comfortable you feel , if the buyer is a serious buyer , etc etc. I can only tell you how you can possibly attract more buyers
Thanks for your response, and wow that makes alot of sense. I will edit it..

This car wasnt really a maintenance headache to me at all, i just always maintain and do lots of preventative maint on all my cars.. Also I just wanted to express I did most n54 ticket items so the future buyer wont have to..

Also there is no lemans blue 335i msport for 12-13k CAD at this km/condition, only a plain ol' black non msport 335 maybe ..

Also yes, im 100% OK with people getting Pre-purchase inspections on this car too
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy96 View Post
Thanks for your response, and wow that makes alot of sense. I will edit it..

This car wasnt really a maintenance headache to me at all, i just always maintain and do lots of preventative maint on all my cars.. Also I just wanted to express I did most n54 ticket items so the future buyer wont have to..

Also there is no lemans blue 335i msport for 12-13k CAD at this km/condition, only a plain ol' black non msport 335 maybe ..

Also yes, im 100% OK with people getting Pre-purchase inspections on this car too
preventive or not 6k in maintenance related items is extremely high for less than a year ownership on a 10 year old car . It is def a plus for a potential buyer that a lot of maintenance has been done on this car though so deleting the dates is just going to make it seem like the maintenance items have been spread in more than a year

There is not lemans blue well taken care of at 12-13k , but there are other 335s with less mileage for 12-13k ( 110-130k) , you car falls into that 150k line , this is a where people start considering this a high mileage car . Usually every 50k in a car marks a bigger drop in depreciation and how people perceived the car.

I believe your car is worth around the 15k mark and that is mostly because of the maintenance done to it and the fact that it is fully loaded. I believe this items do not specifically increase the value of your car, but they make the car keep its value more and make it more desirable

As much as these cars still look pretty decent for todays standard , it's still a 10 year old car that many people are scare to buy because of the cost to maintain , and the ones willing to fork out big money for them are usually the ones that want the manual tranny so make it a monster

Maybe you'll get what you are asking for though , I think the car can be sold for asking price if you find the right buyer, it is a beautiful car with lots of preventive maintenance done to it , but you may need to be more patient
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 01:58 AM   #5
Jimmy96
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
preventive or not 6k in maintenance related items is extremely high for less than a year ownership on a 10 year old car . It is def a plus for a potential buyer that a lot of maintenance has been done on this car though so deleting the dates is just going to make it seem like the maintenance items have been spread in more than a year

There is not lemans blue well taken care of at 12-13k , but there are other 335s with less mileage for 12-13k ( 110-130k) , you car falls into that 150k line , this is a where people start considering this a high mileage car . Usually every 50k in a car marks a bigger drop in depreciation and how people perceived the car.

I believe your car is worth around the 15k mark and that is mostly because of the maintenance done to it and the fact that it is fully loaded. I believe this items do not specifically increase the value of your car, but they make the car keep its value more and make it more desirable

As much as these cars still look pretty decent for todays standard , it's still a 10 year old car that many people are scare to buy because of the cost to maintain , and the ones willing to fork out big money for them are usually the ones that want the manual tranny so make it a monster

Maybe you'll get what you are asking for though , I think the car can be sold for asking price if you find the right buyer, it is a beautiful car with lots of preventive maintenance done to it , but you may need to be more patient

Thank you!! This helps alot.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #6
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

I have my pristine condition inside out E92 335i montego blue 6MT RWD with 106000km and I am the original owner for sale and I also no one ever contact me. So I already give it up and just let it sitting in my drive way as a furniture forever.
      08-13-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
Jimmy96
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ians View Post
I have my pristine condition inside out E92 335i montego blue 6MT RWD with 106000km and I am the original owner for sale and I also no one ever contact me. So I already give it up and just let it sitting in my drive way as a furniture forever.
If only your car was Xdrive...

I'd jump on it lol.. Then swap the front/rear bumpers for MSport, and do a flat bottom steering wheel swap, and then throw on PE exhaust, secondary cat delete, 193M rims, then FBO.

That'd be sweet

GLWS though.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #8
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy96 View Post
If only your car was Xdrive...

I'd jump on it lol.. Then swap the front/rear bumpers for MSport, and do a flat bottom steering wheel swap, and then throw on PE exhaust, secondary cat delete, 193M rims, then FBO.

That'd be sweet

GLWS though.
I already rent a parking spot to store it for winter. If no one appreciate how good condition on my blue beauty, I just use it as my summer beater LOL.

BTW, GLWS too
      08-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #9
Spacegrau
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport

Check my ad here from last year, very similar spec to yours but with a more desirable 6MT, sold for 15.5 last year, so yes you're a little high.
Appreciate 0