E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)

08-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Official Montreal Members Thread (#4)

Continued....
      08-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

First... we need to repost the BBQ link
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
What BBQ, when & where?

Edit: Nevermind, found it and RSVPd

Last edited by kenneth; 08-06-2012 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...day=2012-08-25
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Gargh this keeps happening to me, I keep wondering why I don't get any notifications of thread updates.

Hey wheel people, I need a set of Enkei PF01s methinks, any leads on where I can get them cheap(er)?
      08-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
moreno1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Hey boys and girls,
I noticed that a new MTL thread was created so I'm asking my question again here just in case no one reads the old thread...so here it is:
i'm currently driving a E92 328xi 2008 and might be looking to switch to an 2009 E92 335i fully loaded except navi. it's very good deal in terms of price, but I'm on the fence right now due to the driving during winter in our beautiful city. So I would like hear from the "I" owners on how the driving is during snow storms and all. Should I stick with my 328xi or go for the 335i???
Thanks for all the input,
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #7
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreno1 View Post
Hey boys and girls,
I noticed that a new MTL thread was created so I'm asking my question again here just in case no one reads the old thread...so here it is:
i'm currently driving a E92 328xi 2008 and might be looking to switch to an 2009 E92 335i fully loaded except navi. it's very good deal in terms of price, but I'm on the fence right now due to the driving during winter in our beautiful city. So I would like hear from the "I" owners on how the driving is during snow storms and all. Should I stick with my 328xi or go for the 335i???
Basically the people who drive an i (including an M3) will tell you that it's wonderful and you will never have an issue. And people who drive xi's (me having been in the latter category) will say don't consider anything BUT. But in the end, it will depend on where you drive, how well the streets are cleaned, and how good a deal the 335 is. If you aren't buying through a dealer, make sure the warranty is either still remaining or the HPFP recall has been done

The 335 is obviously a MUCH more fun car to drive than a 328..... but RWD may or may not be your cup of tea.
      08-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

^^
well said
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #9
GAM3OVR85
Major General
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hey boys and girls,
Dont have a 335 but I drive my car slammed in winter (rear is lowered to the max on my kw v2s) and never had any problems. But a 335 is probably a different story cuz of the power difference.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
moreno1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Hey guys
Thanks to everyone who commented on my post. I truly appreciated. I'm still debating but will take a decision very soon if I keep my ride or trade in!
Cheers
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I did not reply, since mine hibernates in winter. But if you have good winter tires and your driving, as others mentioned, is mostly city you should be good. On the other hand if you go skiing each week-end and venture often out of the city, the xi is your car.
      08-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Hey boys and girls,
With the i, you need to drive carefully, too much gas and it spins, however if you can refrain from any quick driving then its just fine, never had any problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #13
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Anybody need any 335 parts? I have a bunch of cosmetic stuff for sale. And a strut bar.

Also... I think I'm going to sell my wheels. I am really not seriously thinking about it, since I paid a fortune for them and they are three weeks old, so I don't want to take too serious a hit on the price.

TR Motorsports MT1 18x9 with Nitto NT05 245/40R18, square setup. I paid something like $2K or more for them, and more importantly, 18x9 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE - they've gone narrower. These are like 18lbs ea w/o tire, so they're as light as Ultraleggeras.

Here's what they look like on the car:

Once again... they are MINT (three weeks on the road, and the tires are essentially brand new, too), so I'm not certain I want to sell them and take a loss. Cash in pocket is nice, but I can't get wheels like this again, and everyone LOVES them. So I dunno.
      08-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #14
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Continued....
Arg. It would have been nice if he left a note that he created a new thread.

Quote:
Hey boys and girls,
There are no issues with going to a 335i. The computer cuts power and employs its electron brake distribution to keep you out of trouble. It wont help you (or anything for that matter) if you have exceeded what the car was designed to control from a physics standpoint. The 335XI is the best answer for you if all wheel drive is important. Power corrupts absolutely.
      08-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #15
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Went to Autodrome St Eustache on Monday might with my better half to see if this place would make a good fit for her for her tracking debut. I was surprised. The place has changed from its packed dirt track layout of the 1970's and had been recently paved. There were at least 70 cars attending the event and Perry Auto was handling the event.

It was pretty much a young folks crowd, with the majority of the drivers in their early to mid twenties, zipping around in their modified Hondas and the likes. Some real good drivers too.

We were treated to a little bit of drama. A hopped up Exige S blew a gas or oil line in the engine bay and lit up like a flame ball as he tried to coax his car to the pits. I didn't get any pictures, but he is all righ. His car's rear end was burnt to a crisp before they were able to put him out. Not a total loss, but it will be a few bucks to put her right.

An interesting event for anyone wanting to dabble with performance driving events. I think a far superior start to what is offered at ICAR given Perry Auto's attention to instructor based driving.
      08-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #16
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Went to Autodrome St Eustache on Monday might with my better half to see if this place would make a good fit for her for her tracking debut. I was surprised. The place has changed from its packed dirt track layout of the 1970's and had been recently paved. There were at least 70 cars attending the event and Perry Auto was handling the event.

It was pretty much a young folks crowd, with the majority of the drivers in their early to mid twenties, zipping around in their modified Hondas and the likes. Some real good drivers too.

We were treated to a little bit of drama. A hopped up Exige S blew a gas or oil line in the engine bay and lit up like a flame ball as he tried to coax his car to the pits. I didn't get any pictures, but he is all righ. His car's rear end was burnt to a crisp before they were able to put him out. Not a total loss, but it will be a few bucks to put her right.

An interesting event for anyone wanting to dabble with performance driving events. I think a far superior start to what is offered at ICAR given Perry Auto's attention to instructor based driving.
Good write-up.. I have to agree (with no personal experience) . Lately I have read that there isn't always enough instructors at ICAR and the rules are not clearly specified. I think Carl (It is Carl that runs that show, right?)has a better grasp of the situation in his events.

So ??? How did Lise do?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Good write-up.. I have to agree (with no personal experience) . Lately I have read that there isn't always enough instructors at ICAR and the rules are not clearly specified. I think Carl (It is Carl that runs that show, right?)has a better grasp of the situation in his events.

So ??? How did Lise do?
Lise was a little intimidated. I can understand. The way it is set up, it just seems way too busy and less polished than ICAR. But we both know that Carl runs the better operation and all things considered, ASE is the way to go. Even though, Lise did have the courage to go buy a helmet the next day and Carl helped her out. I also got new rubber as well. Third set this season ... Ugh.

I'll rent Sanair in September for Lise and we'll do a closed circuit session. She said she'd like that better. Happy wife, happy life, si?

On a BMW note:

BMW West Island opens up a fitness center. Not sure how that works, but that's what a cryptic email to their customer says. Perhaps you work out pushing cars around. You get a work out and BMW gets cheap labour.

08-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

ASE is a mess imho. No point-to-pass, people just driving, I didn't enjoy it the last time I went. I'll try again, but I'm not hot on these lapping clubs - neither ICAR, nor ASE, though for different reasons.
      08-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #19
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
ASE is a mess imho. No point-to-pass, people just driving, I didn't enjoy it the last time I went. I'll try again, but I'm not hot on these lapping clubs - neither ICAR, nor ASE, though for different reasons.
ASE doesnt interest me with all those Hondas and Volks. I'll head to ICAR next time out. It's been a while since I was last there.
      08-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
ASE doesnt interest me with all those Hondas and Volks. I'll head to ICAR next time out. It's been a while since I was last there.
..... HEY, don't shit on the Volks! :P But yea the eurocrowd there is somewhat pathetic.

ICAR doesn't interest me with all the rain drains and potholes. Our lapping opportunities are teh suck.
      08-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
jgalaxy
Gearing
Canada
Rep

Quote:
..... HEY, don't shit on the Volks! :P But yea the eurocrowd there is somewhat pathetic.

ICAR doesn't interest me with all the rain drains and potholes. Our lapping opportunities are teh suck.
Now dont go blaming your driving on placement of drains ...
      08-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #22
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Gargh this keeps happening to me, I keep wondering why I don't get any notifications of thread updates.

Hey wheel people, I need a set of Enkei PF01s methinks, any leads on where I can get them cheap(er)?
why are you looking for a set of enkeis??

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0