E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help with swap N54/e91 swap!!

11-02-2023, 04:32 PM   #1
machine4321
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Help with swap N54/e91 swap!!

Im nearing the end of my swap.

Donor car, e90 2007 6sp rwd.
going into e91 auto xdrive.

Modules swapped over from donor to wagon.
DME, CAS, DSC, Cluster.

Clutch wired in as per Vehicular DIY except reverse lights.
Engine harness plugged into e91 with out issues. there is two plugs left over.

It seems that there is a very heavy draw when I connect the battery but I did notice it before pulling the n52 out. something is always whirrling. When I disconnect the battery I hear a cluck like something is released. Any way

Multiple codes, all voltage and CAN regulated. I did jump the can wires from the auto harness plug in the DME box as per Vehicular DIY you tube videos.

Does the transfer case module need to have that done as well even though it has been coded out?

The car did run for a split second but I assume it was fuel left in rail. I can hear fuel pump prime and can activate it from protool but no fire and code CED4
will post all codes up shortly

I hope this is a simple mistake. not a lot of resources out there for me to read up on. your help is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2023, 09:22 AM   #2
machine4321
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Check your grounds people.

The same advice I give everybody about any BMW electrical issue. I forgot to tighten the ground on the strut tower. Car fired right up.
Appreciate 0