E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > 2008 58reg BMW 335D MSPORT Coupe REDUCED*low mileage* cheapest in UK,best colour

01-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #67
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

you cannot generalise on the value of cars, the one in the ad looks nice on the surface but it doesnt have overmats which means its likely the carpet is filthy and to me that means the rest of the car probably hasnt been looked after. how many caring or uncaring owners has it had, has it been thrashed from cold every morning, has it been tracked, mileage is not that important, my car (which is for sale) has done 46,000 VERY careful miles and probably has less wear than many 30,000 mile cars, all these factors and more have to be considered and buying the cheapest is not necessarily making the best buy.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #68
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d M sport Coupe

Autotrader ad...

Guys, please do not try and de-value my car by throwing random adverts at me.

My car is worth far more than the one advertised and is a far better spec (in fact, judjing by the wheels, is it not an SE? I might be wrong so please don't shout at me)

For the record, the one in the link you sent me is listed as HPI warning on the register as it is a finance repossession, hence why it's up at £17,500 (it even said that on the ebay ad for the same car last week).

I think a genuine, well cared for car like mine, that needs no service, brakes or tyres for 15,000 miles, is a plate newer and hasn't been subjected to a repo is worth more.

I'm quite suprised it hasn't had much interst yet (apart from people wanting to p/x cheaper cars).

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #69
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

The silver one has the m sport bodykit but SE wheels. I can't make out the plate to check what it really is.

I think the OP's car looks better than the link too.

As said above though, how do you know the car is a good one before viewing?

Not quite sure why the OP has taken such a bashing over this.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 06:09 AM   #70
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

I'm not sure either..

.....Kerr.

What people don't seem to realise is that by trying to get the price of mine down through various different discussions and reasons, it's actually having a knock on effect on the re-sale of all others on here.

People should be saying "it's a great car, should sell for £21k all day long", not throw random adverts up for HPI listed cars to try and get it down to £17,500!

If anyone is genuinely intersted, i am open to offers, but if a tired looking HPI listed 08 plate SE/Msport combo is up at £17,500 (which will no doubt need a service and a set of tyres, if the owner has had no money, hence repo), then mine is worth well over the £19k mark all day long.

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #71
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

As far as I can see your price is fair.

Most I noticed after a quick glance on Autotrader at similar money had more miles.

That silver one does seem cheap and stands out on its own but without checking it out, who knows.

Have you got the previous ebay link?

The market for cars is dead but I don't like the fact the advice seems to be make it the cheapest on Autotrader or accept anything above trade price.

If someone has the cash to run a 335 I would be hopeful they would not be looking for the cheapest one, but a good one at a fair price.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #72
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
As far as I can see your price is fair.

Most I noticed after a quick glance on Autotrader at similar money had more miles.

That silver one does seem cheap and stands out on its own but without checking it out, who knows.

Have you got the previous ebay link?

The market for cars is dead but I don't like the fact the advice seems to be make it the cheapest on Autotrader or accept anything above trade price.

If someone has the cash to run a 335 I would be hopeful they would not be looking for the cheapest one, but a good one at a fair price.
the most sensible comment so far
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:11 PM   #73
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

...and the best comment is...

.... I'm dropping the price again to...

£19,500 final price, no offers. Now that's cheap, nav or no nav!

Come on guys, someone snap it up :-)

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #74
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2thoudriver View Post
.....Kerr.

What people don't seem to realise is that by trying to get the price of mine down through various different discussions and reasons, it's actually having a knock on effect on the re-sale of all others on here.

People should be saying "it's a great car, should sell for £21k all day long", not throw random adverts up for HPI listed cars to try and get it down to £17,500!
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2thoudriver View Post
.... I'm dropping the price again to...

£19,500 final price, no offers. Now that's cheap, nav or no nav!

Come on guys, someone snap it up :-)

Thanks

Rob
Rob, with respect, you are doing what you are accusing others of doing, under valuing your car.
I'm not sure why you are doing the above,forum pressure or a real need to move it on?

By going down this route,you'll end up with 19K despite you saying "final price,no offers".

YOU value it at £19,999 which I think is more than fair,the fact that the cars not shifting is not down to a high price it's more the state of the economy, Joe Public's lack of confidence, and a reluctance by the afore mentioned to buy expensive cars.

There are umpteen cars for sale on the forum at the moment,few are shifting.

It's a lovely looking car, have some patience and good luck
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #75
Sir_Pigley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 640d GC / 420i XDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
YOU value it at £19,999 which I think is more than fair,the fact that the cars not shifting is not down to a high price it's more the state of the economy, Joe Public's lack of confidence, and a reluctance by the afore mentioned to buy expensive cars.

There are umpteen cars for sale on the forum at the moment,few are shifting.

It's a lovely looking car, have some patience and good luck
I kind of agree with the above. In my experience selling high value cars privately takes time. You should not be impatient - if you think the price is right you need to stick with it and be prepared for the right buyer to come along.

I have watched the market pretty consistently since my accident in May last year. It is not uncommon to see cars taking months to sell, even from dealers.

SO I think to sell privately you need to set your asking price to look attractive when compared to comparable cars from dealers and then stick with it - and be prepared for it to take a couple of months to sell.

Even though I criticised your advert the car is clearly a nice car; so be patient and wait. If you keep dropping the price then you'll appear desperate. If you need to sell quickly then maybe you need to trade the car in against whatever you are replacing it with.

This car has been for sale since May last year. He turned down an offer from me in June 2011 of £17k. That's more than he's now asking for the car. FOOL!! However I'm glad I did not buy it..........
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #76
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks..

... For the comments guys, much appreciated. I completely see where you are coming from and have dropped the price due to both advice from folks on here and the lack if interest.

I am not desperate to sell so won't give it away and £19,500 is a no offers price as its low enough to shift it and low enough to undercut everyone else (mainly dealers), so when someone is in a position to buy, hopefully they'll cone to me first.

Decided against just handing it to a dealer, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of making money off the back of it.

Cheers

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #77
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

Can you not get a detail to retail it on commission. That way you should get your price, a dealer makes a no-risk commission and the buyer can avail of finance, trade in, warranty etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #78
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

retailing..

It's a good idea, but i need the car for my daily driver, so couldn't have it sat at a dealers, or get back to the dealers at the drop of a hat.

Got someone very interested now at this price and they are doing whatever they can to get the cash together as they haven't sold their Audi yet (he's going grovelling to his bank manager this week), so we'll see how things progress.

Still got the M3 competition wheels for sale if anyone is interested. I've started a new for sale thread for them.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #79
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

still for sale..

The buyer interested cannot come up with the funds, so i am considering it still up for sale.

Decided i can't bring myself to give it to a dealer as they'll just sell it on with a finance package for profit.

New price £18,999 firm. Grab a bargain

now on ebay too.

Also got the M3 competition wheels for sale too due to an ebay timewaster never never following the sale through (gggrr!)

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #80
davyk31
Major General
Rep

If a dealer was giving you what you want for the car I would sell it to them and not worry about them making a profit on it, thats just life. By selling to them you may realise a better price than private if you are lucky or at least you may shift the car now rather than waiting a while for a private buyer and thus having to suffer further depreciation.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #81
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Some dealers are crying out for stock (see another thread somewhere) and offering very good prices. I'm taking a very good price on the X3 and TMP also had a very good offer on his 5 series (but not proceeding). Worth a few phone calls I reckon for a price to take off your hands.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #82
buckethead
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 320d msport

Don't worry about the buyers worry about yourself can't see why it bothers you what the dealer does with a car once your got your money

if your been offered the asking price by a dealer take it.. mad not too
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #83
davyk31
Major General
Rep

if your been offered the asking price by a dealer take it.. mad not too[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that he hasn't
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 11:36 AM   #84
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

The fact it is still here, and such a great car, suggests the price is too high.
      02-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #85
rick63
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
The fact it is still here, and such a great car, suggests the price is too high.
Agree,at the end of the day its the dealers job to sell on for more money,Its a buisness not a charity,Any car is worth what someone is willing to pay,and in this case it looks like the price is too high ,i think words like no offers and final chance etc just make a difficult job even harder. give ebay auction a try and set a reserve ,at the very least you will have a idea on what the general public value the car at
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #86
s2thoudriver
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi

2 dealers have offered me nearly the price i have it up for but not quite that price.

So basically if i sell it privately, i get a couple of hunder pounds more and someone who wants the car gets it for a cheap price, rather than paying thousands more from the dealer after they took it.

I don't need to sell it, could just do to sell it.

The only issue is people having the cash available. Loans are expensive right now whereas dealers offer finance a lot cheaper People can also get finance from dealers if they have bad credit, whereas banks won't give it.

It's a cheap car now, i'd just rather sell it privately and let someone benefit from it, rather than a dealer benefit. I'm just trying to help people out, as times are hard!

Thanks

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #87
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Honourable approach but don't sit on dealer's offers for too long as they will revise them downwards with each new issue of Glasses's guide especially if they see you coming back a few weeks after they made you an offer, they know you are struggling to sell at that point and many will make excuses to offer you less.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #88
buckethead
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 320d msport

all regs take a big hit when the new plate is out

Last edited by buckethead; 02-23-2012 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0