E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Latest lease deals

04-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #133
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupraraj View Post
ive seen loads of R's now and still they continue to deny theyve got the couple hundred pound lease deal

i would love to lease the new A6 or CLA but finding a deal on them isnt easy
same i want a new 4 series vert 28i for 300 top... no chance
Same here. No more than 300. Never leased or financed before never thought i would but just want to jump in a car and drive now and not worry about problems etc
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #134
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
So they delivered it free on transporter?

I know it's free if they drive it to you
Yup. Delivered free. Manchester to Glasgow and all done via transporters.

The transporter driver that dropped it at the house told me it had been brought up from Manchester on a larger transporter then the cars were split over several smaller transporters and dropped off to customers. Mine had a transporter all to itself.

04-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #135
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post

The transporter driver that dropped it at the house told me it had been brought up from Manchester on a larger transporter then the cars were split over several smaller transporters and dropped off to customers. Mine had a transporter all to itself.

You got lucky..... I've read that they are usually driven to customers! I might ring up the leasing company to confirm. Anyway, it's only £20 train journey... not the end of the world!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 02:18 AM   #136
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_ab View Post
I was offered my 640d for purchase at the end of my contract hire period but decided I wanted a change of car so declined.
Informally of course they can offer it to you, but I meant it's not part of the contract arrangements, so it would just be a plain used car purchase, nothing to do with the lease.

If you've got it from a franschised dealership, then it's more likely they may offer it as they already deal with used cars.

Many leases come directly from the importers / head office so they are not geared up for handling used sales.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 02:20 AM   #137
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Mow, was yours leased from a franchised dealers or via a 3rd party agent?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 04:26 AM   #138
windymissile
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

I don't understand why you are worried about someone else driving it. It's just a rental.

WM
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 04:47 AM   #139
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by windymissile View Post
I don't understand why you are worried about someone else driving it. It's just a rental.

WM
It's not quite the same as a used airport rental car!!

The "ownership" experience in the first hours / miles is just as important and exciting regardless of how you finance it or who's name is on the papers.

I no way wanted mine driven 150 miles up the filthy January M1/M6 with someone elses sweaty arse on my new leather for 5 hours!!! (and feel obliged to drive the driver into town afterwards as we live in the sticks)

Trailer delivery to my door, clean and new. That's one of the main joys of buying a new car (leasing or otherwise).
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 05:26 AM   #140
windymissile
Major
Rep

In your own words. If I was "buying" I would agree.
I do see where you are coming from, though.
If you're worried about someone else sitting in it. Pick it up from the factory..

WM
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #141
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

WM
So you don't mind someone ragging your new car & probably effecting the engine performance / economy over the next 2 years....... as it wasn't run in properly!?

what difference is it if you buy or lease a car?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #142
windymissile
Major
Rep

You say "your new car", It's not mine. I'm renting it.
Have you never bought a used car before..?
I have bought 4 new cars over the years. And I have never been nieve enough to think they have never been driven.

"Run in"..?! Are we in the 80's?

WM
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 10:58 AM   #143
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have bought 4 new cars over the years. And I have never been nieve enough to think they have never been driven.

WM
Big man hey.... 4 new cars... & I bet you bought them in cash!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #144
windymissile
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Big man hey.... 4 new cars... & I bet you bought them in cash!
Easy tiger...

But yeah, actually. Why, what does that have to do with anything?

Don't missunderstand me. The reason I am in this thread is, I want a lease deal. I know the benefits. It's a great way into a reliable, new car without having a huge wedge to throw at it (which I don't have at the mo).
What I don't understand is, why people have a problem with the delivery guys driving them. If it's such an issue, go collect it from the dealer. Just remember there is every chance it could have been driven there. And it will most defiantly have been driven on and off a car ferry. And that is a whole new world.

WM
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #145
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Easy tiger...

But yeah, actually. Why, what does that have to do with anything?

Don't missunderstand me. The reason I am in this thread is, I want a lease deal. I know the benefits. It's a great way into a reliable, new car without having a huge wedge to throw at it (which I don't have at the mo).
What I don't understand is, why people have a problem with the delivery guys driving them. If it's such an issue, go collect it from the dealer. Just remember there is every chance it could have been driven there. And it will most defiantly have been driven on and off a car ferry. And that is a whole new world.

WM
All is good

I'm only concerned that damage could be caused in the 1st 200 miles - a work colleague got his lease car (200 miles on the clock) & he thinks it was ragged.... & he saying the fuel consumption has been terrible & that could be the reason!

Yes he could be talking crap, but for a sake of a day off & a £20 train ticket... I might as well collect?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #146
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
In your own words. If I was "buying" I would agree.
I do see where you are coming from, though.
If you're worried about someone else sitting in it. Pick it up from the factory..

WM
Having leased / bought / HPd / PCPd I can asure you the "ownership" experience is no different regardless of the payment method, when that new car is coming you don't want anybody else in it.

The formula is simple: PAY MONEY = CAR ON DRIVE. Whether that is lease / or cash / HP the result is the same.

Sure all cars are "driven" in the factory car park, at the docks, on/off transporters etc, even a factory collection will have been driven previously. So 3 or 4 delivery miles is fine.

But 150+ miles in filthy weather is different. I'm not worried about it, they are professional drivers doing a job, it's just to me those initial miles are sort of special and part of the priviledge of getting a new car. I expect to have that pleasure as part of the premium you pay for a new car. The smell of the oil and sealants burning off in the first hot run, the gleaming arches and suspension components etc. All gone agfter 100 miles or so.

To me if someone else does the first 200 you might as well call it a used car!

Last edited by doughboy; 04-26-2015 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2015, 12:56 PM   #147
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Mow, was yours leased from a franchised dealers or via a 3rd party agent?
Through a local leasing company. The supplying dealer was Johnson VW Manchester I believe. It has Johnson plates and a postcode which I've not checked. The BN15 plate suggests Birmingham however. It definitely came from manchester though.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 04:32 AM   #148
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

WM
+1.

lease isnt yours so why worry about someone driving it to drop it off to you. if i bought it out of dealer on finance or outright...different story
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 05:25 AM   #149
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Through a local leasing company. The supplying dealer was Johnson VW Manchester I believe. It has Johnson plates and a postcode which I've not checked. The BN15 plate suggests Birmingham however. It definitely came from manchester though.
You had a result.... just called my leasing company (changing collection date to 7th) & they confirmed it will be driven to me if I want it delivered!

So nice little adventure to Telford for me then!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 05:53 AM   #150
jammy78
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
+1.

lease isnt yours so why worry about someone driving it to drop it off to you. if i bought it out of dealer on finance or outright...different story
It's not mine..... never knew that!?

doughboy best explained it earlier!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:01 AM   #151
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
+1.

That is a strange way of looking at it when talking about a brand new car. I think you have a superiority complex about traditional ownership being "better" Remember some finance deals don't transfer legal ownership until the last payment is made either (HP), so they are no different but you seem to think finance is somehow better.

And with a mileage limited lease you've "pre-paid" for the miles. My E63 works out at 75p/mile over 20k miles, so letting someone drive 200miles in it costs me £150 in used miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #152
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is a strange way of looking at it when talking about a brand new car. I think you have a superiority complex about traditional ownership being "better" Remember some finance deals don't transfer legal ownership until the last payment is made either (HP), so they are no different but you seem to think finance is somehow better.

And with a mileage limited lease you've "pre-paid" for the miles. My E63 works out at 75p/mile over 20k miles, so letting someone drive 200miles in it costs me £150 in used miles.
ive never financed or leased cars but i am still young.

ive always thought i will only finance and lease something if ive got the money to buy it out right.

if i cant buy it outright i wont finance it or lease it
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #153
doughboy
Major General
Rep

That's a good way of thinking from a "what you can afford" point of view. (i think we've discussed this before?)

But when leasing is subsidised by the manufacturer and is sooooo cheap that it beats even the depreciation, then who is daft for saving up and "buying" it only to be far worse off in 2 years time?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #154
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That's a good way of thinking from a "what you can afford" point of view. (i think we've discussed this before?)

But when leasing is subsidised by the manufacturer and is sooooo cheap that it beats even the depreciation, then who is daft for saving up and "buying" it only to be far worse off in 2 years time?
you are right...i think we spoke about this before

you are right also but i will disagree about lease being so cheap. i would lease an A6 Black Ed or CLA Diesel Sport but if its over £300 a month all in im not interested
Appreciate 0