E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 2008 335xi coupe with 144miles!

12-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
xxx_big
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe Black Sap

2008 335xi coupe with 144miles!

Well, i am considering buying a 2008 335xi coupe before the end of the year.

I was offered with the out of door price of $51800. Which includes, nav,

premium, hd radio, ipod, PDC, cold weather, sports package and comfort

access. The only catch is that this car has 144 miles on it, despite the fact

that the dealer insists it's a BRAND NEW CAR. I am thinking it's probably a

demo car. Nevertheless, this car has everything i wanted but just couldn't

get over the fact that it has been driven by someone else. Any inputs

anyone? It will definitely make my day.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

144 miles is nothing. Probably a managers or sales persons ride for a week or two. See if you can get it down to an even $51000. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with the car
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
You need to do your research. Why the heck would you almsot pay sticker price for a car? DECKED OUT they are low 50's, like your car.Invoice is around 47k-48k.(Taking a guess) You need to find the invoice price on that particular car and then talk price with them. 144 miles or not, its a new car. If something broke in the car, its under warranty. Shouldnt make a difference. I hate to break it to you also at the dock when the cars are unloaded im pretty positive they are floored and driven around. I doubt they are just "cruising" to the dock. lol
Expect to pay about $500 over the invoice maybe lower depending on how good you negotiate. Dont let them bs you either, all car dealerships are hurting right now and this is the best time to buy a car hands down.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
When you say out the door do you mean with tax? If its with tax your close to invoice so thats better but if its not with tax then theres a problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

BIG, I am also hunting around here in NY trying to find a 335i as well. I just was at Rallye BMW today test driving the xi coupe, which was a let down. Keep us updated on your search please, maybe if we buy at the same place we get a better figure .

Oh & Lanca, why do you say now is the "Best" time to purchase a car? Infiniti seemed thirsty, however BMW didn't at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

take it, but make them reduce th eprice even more. is it manual or auto?
      12-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #7
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
All dealerships get slow in Dec/Jan. Just look at their car sales. Its at its peak in the summer. As forgetting deals on cars in the winter its because the more volume they are able to push out now the more they will receive an allocation for in the summer when sales are high. Its actually really simple if you think about it.

BMW is really smart and heres why.....The more cars they are allocated the easier it is for them to make sales. They have "in production" cars with a sched. build date. So when someone walks in and say I want Alpine white with black interior and the premium package they are able to immediately pick out the options on the car through the computer and begin the process with out even telling the customer what they just did. They simply say "Yes we actually have one coming and it will be here in x number of weeks."

Plus who wants to buy an i instead of xi if they had the chance in NY. Im from NY and the x drive would be kick ass. No more getting stuck in the snow with RWD. AWD is just a tad slower than RWD for the 335's but barely noticeable.

Also, typically people who buy cars in the winter do not HAVE to get into the car and drive it home right away, which is HUGE and makes them dangerous to the dealership! Sometimes you need to walk out of the dealership and let them call you. 99% of the time they will, if not then go to another one.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #8
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just trying to help you guys out. Let me know if you have other questions, Id be glad to help if I can.... G/L with the purchases...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #9
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i w/ZSP

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
I'm closing in on a left-over 2007 335i Sedan configured just the way I want. It has a little under $400 miles on it though (probably mostly test drives). Price is $500 over invoice. They want to get the sale written up by the end of the month. Should I close on it or run away?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvuml View Post
I'm closing in on a left-over 2007 335i Sedan configured just the way I want. It has a little under $400 miles on it though (probably mostly test drives). Price is $500 over invoice. They want to get the sale written up by the end of the month. Should I close on it or run away?
You can still get more from the dealer. Go in and tell them 250 over invoice and you'll get the car now otherwise walk away and they will call you. They will not want to loose a sale on an 07 for only 250 bucks. If they let you leave they will definitely call back, I'd be surprised if they even let you leave.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #11
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
go build the same car on BMWUSA.com with the same options... try to get 500 off or something
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 11:37 PM   #12
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLancaxX View Post
You can still get more from the dealer. Go in and tell them 250 over invoice and you'll get the car now otherwise walk away and they will call you. They will not want to loose a sale on an 07 for only 250 bucks. If they let you leave they will definitely call back, I'd be surprised if they even let you leave.
Forgot to mention they also want a $299 doc fee that they won't budge on. Lease rate is decent though. As for them not letting me leave, I'm buying from a dealer in another state via email & telephone but I'm feeling rushed into a decision due to the need to turn the paperwork around by 12/31 via FedEx to lock in at the current favorable lease rates on closeout 2007 models that may well go away in Jan. I haven't signed any paperwork yet but I'm starting to worry about the sensibiliity of buying a 2007 model (production date is May 07 so they've had it for about 4 months) with close to 400 miles on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 11:04 AM   #13
xxx_big
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLancaxX View Post
When you say out the door do you mean with tax? If its with tax your close to invoice so thats better but if its not with tax then theres a problem.
Well, first of all thanks for everyone's input. I am a new member here and

really feeling the warmth of the forum. In regard to your question XxLancaxX

$51800 would be the final price after tax and document fee and this car is

manual and sorry if i didn't make it clear. My only concern with this car isthat

previous drivers on the car could have wear the gear box(since it's a manual)

with me knowing it. Although it's under warranty, it will suck if i have to send

it to repair just after couple weeks of driving. Another thing is that, i have

looked through all the dealer around Boston area and this is the only one

with the car i wanted in stock, therefore leaves me very little bargaing

power over it.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 11:07 AM   #14
xxx_big
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpy335i View Post
BIG, I am also hunting around here in NY trying to find a 335i as well. I just was at Rallye BMW today test driving the xi coupe, which was a let down. Keep us updated on your search please, maybe if we buy at the same place we get a better figure .

Oh & Lanca, why do you say now is the "Best" time to purchase a car? Infiniti seemed thirsty, however BMW didn't at all.
Well, first of i am not sure if you will be willing to drive at least 3 and a half hours down here to Boston for the purchase. Another thing is that i will be purchasing the car before the end of year so not sure if that will fit your scheduel. Let me know anyways and i will definitely keep you guys updated.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #15
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_big View Post
Well, first of all thanks for everyone's input. I am a new member here and

really feeling the warmth of the forum. In regard to your question XxLancaxX

$51800 would be the final price after tax and document fee and this car is

manual and sorry if i didn't make it clear. My only concern with this car isthat

previous drivers on the car could have wear the gear box(since it's a manual)

with me knowing it. Although it's under warranty, it will suck if i have to send

it to repair just after couple weeks of driving. Another thing is that, i have

looked through all the dealer around Boston area and this is the only one

with the car i wanted in stock, therefore leaves me very little bargaing

power over it.
Sounds like a good deal and im sure the car runs fine. With only a few hundred miles on the car there couldnt possibly be that much damage to it. The car was meant to be driven. I say you go for it. Just make sure you have lowered the price as much as you could before you sign the papers.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #16
mrvuml
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i Sedan  [0.00]
As I mentioned above, the car I'm looking at buying has close to 400 miles on it. I have a good idea how those miles were used, probably multiple test drives where potential owners probably did hard accelerations up to red line (and maybe beyond). I've done it myself at dealers (when they don't insist on accompanying you) on cars that I considered buying. Lets face it though, even when you buy a car with no miles on it, sometimes during the first 500 miles you're going to thrash that sucker with numerous hard accelerations. The car is harly likely to suffer much as the break-in is mostly about avoiding a lot of constant and high rpms.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #17
hov333
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5

i personally dont like the cpo thing that bmw does. I have no idea who was driving the car especially during the cars most crucial moments. some people will disagree about break-in and whatever but regardless, the car isn't new, someone was using it. its dumb because for the same price you can just buy another one on the lot or even order one exactly to your liking. something needs to give, they cant say xxx miles but still new and so you pay new, thats bullshit. tell them to give you some free stuff or something
Appreciate 0