E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Northwest Autowork (New independent BMW repair shop)

08-13-2018, 10:00 PM   #23
bar_angriff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport Space Grey

Decided to stop lurking and make an account because of this thread. I hope to visit your shop soon, because if these prices are forreal, you've got 110% of my attention.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #24
mwollmann
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasionM View Post
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community with the grand opening of my BMW independent repair shop. I have been working at BMW Northwest the last 6 years and before that I was a master at Tacoma Nissan. I was the Team Lead over the CPO team and prior to that I was part of the diagnostic team. I am a bumper to bumper technician that can provide service to most parts of the BMW system. I have access to ISTA and all relevant material on the latest model BMW. I use both aftermarket and Factory parts depending on the situation and use fair labor rates as posted on alldata or mitchell. I also love doing aftermarket installs and working on modified vehicles.

If you have any other question feel free to reach out to me here on the forums or go to my website www.nwautoworkllc.com for further info.

I am located in Tacoma, WA.

NW Autowork
(Marlon Pasion)
(253) 256-1901 Text/call
3608 South 74th St., Unit 13
Tacoma, WA 98409
www.nwautoworkllc.com
Best of luck with your business. I hope you do well.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #25
mwollmann
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i X-Drive

Engine Overheating

I'd bring my car to you but I can't make it 10 miles without overheating.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #26
ThatCoolGuyK
Rep
Drives: E92 2008 #328i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasionM View Post
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community with the grand opening of my BMW independent repair shop. I have been working at BMW Northwest the last 6 years and before that I was a master at Tacoma Nissan. I was the Team Lead over the CPO team and prior to that I was part of the diagnostic team. I am a bumper to bumper technician that can provide service to most parts of the BMW system. I have access to ISTA and all relevant material on the latest model BMW. I use both aftermarket and Factory parts depending on the situation and use fair labor rates as posted on alldata or mitchell. I also love doing aftermarket installs and working on modified vehicles.

If you have any other question feel free to reach out to me here on the forums or go to my website www.nwautoworkllc.com for further info.

I am located in Tacoma, WA.

NW Autowork
(Marlon Pasion)
(253) 256-1901 Text/call
3608 South 74th St., Unit 13
Tacoma, WA 98409
www.nwautoworkllc.com
You guys do alignment?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 03:23 PM   #27
PasionM
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Yes! I have an Hunter Alignment machine just calibrated and updated up to 2016 vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #28
Bnelson83
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Hi there. I'm new to the forums here, registered after searching my question and not finding any answers that seem to fit my problem, so maybe I'll pick the brain of a technician. Got a 2011 328i that has a clicking noise from the front left that is relative to speed. Noise goes away when accelerating hard, braking normally or making a moderate turn. Any thoughts on where to start on this?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 05:13 PM   #29
Krauzen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335xi

Shop Hours

Hey Marlon

What are your shop hours?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #30
riczon.335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauzen View Post
Hey Marlon

Quote:
Hey Marlon

Your best bet is to go to his site and give him a call you'll get a faster response. He's a great dude with amazing work and prices. I deal with him all the time and also has a bad ass shop.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #31
Krauzen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335xi

It would be great if Marlon decides to open his shop on Saturdays. The shop has not been open on Saturdays for over a year now. As a service business, it would do well to open the shop earlier in the day as well. Like at 0800. 10am opening is much too late in the day. The parts supplier that they use stop taking orders at 2 or 3pm.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:46 PM   #32
NBGV
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Msport

Emailed!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 05:19 PM   #33
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I X Drive

Quote:
It would be great if Marlon decides to open his shop on Saturdays. The shop has not been open on Saturdays for over a year now. As a service business, it would do well to open the shop earlier in the day as well. Like at 0800. 10am opening is much too late in the day. The parts supplier that they use stop taking orders at 2 or 3pm.
It would be great if Marlon actually did honest mechanic work.

The OP has shadiness written all over him. Read his recent yelp review.

Not sure how anyone would trust this guy.
      11-02-2021, 10:49 AM   #34
N54ScoreAnd7BeersAgo
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe--MT, Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK24 View Post

Most mechanics aren't open on Saturdays. He has really good reviews on Google. Yelp sucks balls, anyway. But I checked it as you suggested. My notes:

1.) Reviews for him on Yelp are overwhelmingly positive. But again, Yelp sucks balls, so whatever.
2.) Even the hidden "not recommended" reviews were all positive. I didn't read the others, but the recent bad one you mentioned: WOW.
3.) That guy seems to be a true outlier and also sounds like an IMMENSE pain in the ass.

An excerpt:
"Marlon's ego is too big for him to finish repairs on customer's vehicles. He will judge you the moment you walk into the door and do his best to take advantage of getting the most money off you. He may be nice in front of your face, but when you leave the door he will walk like he is tough guy with jealous spite. He carries jealous spite and can't finish repairs on time on customers who feed his business with money. He is incredibly lazy, unprofessional, and has terrible customer service. He wasted my money..."

So after these bizarre and repetitive rants ("He carries jealous spite"... Ooookayyyy), the guy sounds like he's saying he demanded an alternator replacement, Marlon couldn't or wouldn't do it on his unreasonable timeline so he got it replaced elsewhere, and it didn't resolve the issue he masterfully self-diagnosed. Basically a total nightmare customer. A glance at his Yelp review history suggests that he makes a pattern of using Yelp reviews to try and burn businesses that don't live up to his insane expectations much more regularly than a typical reviewer.

So, as someone who doesn't know either of them, has never done business there (but has done business with Marlon's former long-time employer, BMW Northwest, which is an excellent dealership), I suggest people take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by N54ScoreAnd7BeersAgo; 11-02-2021 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2021, 02:15 PM   #35
bkwld
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 328i N51

I can only comment on my experiences with Marlon. He is the best for enthusiast like me. He installed Koni Yellows using my parts. He had no problems with that and actually understood what my requirements were (different bump stops etc). He also did my oil pan gasket and did it right with new bolts too. Price was far better than some shops in Eastside.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 04:36 PM   #36
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

You're reading old reviews. Marlon has his shop now and things are a lot different than years ago. It's 2021 almost 2022. Reading the review you can see the text messages in detail and the number of people that voted it useful

No one will leave a detailed review like that for no reason out of anger and spite. It speaks volumes on the shop's customer service more than anything.

Besides the shop only has like 14 yelp reviews who is to say everyone is writing a review with their experience?

If you want an honest mechanic try DUDMD in auburn. The guy that works there is awesome and they work on many different kinds of cars. Has been in business for many many years. Has trusted employees as well, also has a cool Doberman in the shop.

It's different than going to a shop that just opened up and hired new employees, which is nw autowork in a nutshell. This isn't to say that nw autowork doesn't know his shit, this is to say the business operations are not good. Being a good mechanic and business person is a lot different.
      11-08-2021, 04:28 PM   #37
riczon.335i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Marlon has been working on my car since he opened up his own shop from day one. Never had any issues with service and just a few weeks ago his shop just completed waterpump job on my E92.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 06:58 PM   #38
335togo
Daily Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 N54 Sold, 11 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK24 View Post

Man always someone throwing shade....Marlon has worked on my 335 for a few years now and never stroked me...maybe its you
      06-14-2023, 07:11 PM   #39
MTK24
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335togo View Post
Man always someone throwing shade....Marlon has worked on my 335 for a few years now and never stroked me...maybe its you
Good to see you got lucky.

I remember waiting for my vehicle pickup I talked to another person waiting for their car and they said their engine siezed while Marlon was doing work on their vehicle for simple intercooler change. Then he was debating about taking him to small claim court because Marlon wouldn’t take responsibility. Then reading his yelp reviews, the proof is in the pudding.

Also when I picked up my car he said he needed more time and wasted my time driving there to pick it up when he said it was ready.
Spent like $43 on a Lyft for no reason. And I had to take another one back because it wasn’t done.

It’s not worth the headache for inconsistent mechanics