E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Steering becomes heavy sometimes

05-19-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
james710
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Steering becomes heavy sometimes

Hi guys, I have an e90 2010 320d efficient dynamics. Recently I've noticed something strange about my steering. Only sometimes, when turning (at low speeds) it becomes really stiff but then 95% of the time it works just fine. Has anyone experienced the same issue? It's like I'm playing Russian roulette when I head in to a corner If the steering was stiff all the time then I'd just assume it was a power steering issue but it doesn't. Also, the tracking is currently off on both my front wheels, with the wear occurring on the outer edge of both tyres. I assumed therefore that this was perhaps the issue, but when I took it to be re tracked the mechanics said there was an issue with my steering and the tracking had nothing to do with it. Can someone please offer some advice because I want rid of the car so I can upgrade to a 335i
Appreciate 0