E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > M3 STOLEN from BHX NCP Long Stay 1 Airport Carpark

06-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #111
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by urfankhaliq View Post
what did he say?
Surprisingly very little about his pride and joy, save confirming the colour of the car and the age.
No confirmation of the reg number,no update on what the ol Bill are doing about it, or not, or whats happening in regards the insurance.
No pictures of the car, in fact nothing about the car of any substance whatsoever.
Really rather strange!

But..............loads of spiel about the car park, and a rehash of his original post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfankhaliq View Post
there was a lot of doubt as to whether the story was true or not...
I think it's bollocks!

The OP could prove me and others wrong though by posting some pics, or the reg number, or both.

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #112
rakz786
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 Saloon

Exclamation Our 08 M3 Got Stolen From Bham Airport Car Park

18/09/11 After 48 hours we got a phonecall saying our m3 got stolen windows were smashed and they drove through the barriers.. The car has got a tracker but BMW can't track it they're making a load of excuses personally i know that they have cloned the key there's even a video on youtube it takes 10 seconds the guy is actually selling the device turning any bmw fob into the fob needed for the car it's ridiculous! What happened to you in the end did you get the car back or has insurance payed out??
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 01:38 PM   #113
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

If the cloned the keys why did they smash the window?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #114
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by briers View Post
If the cloned the keys why did they smash the window?
      09-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #115
rakz786
Rep

As they needed to get inside in order to connect the cloning device into the car... If you go onto youtube you can find the demonstration on there
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 06:11 AM   #116
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakz786 View Post
As they needed to get inside in order to connect the cloning device into the car... If you go onto youtube you can find the demonstration on there
Can't find it - can you post the link?
      09-26-2011, 03:59 AM   #117
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I think there may be some truth to this - Posted on West Midlands Police http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/l...se.asp?id=2548
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #118
rakz786
Rep

Exclamation BMW Key Cloning Video

I don't understand if they have arrested the guys behind it all, why haven't we got our car back? Can't track it either what do you think they have done with it?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 04:59 PM   #119
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW e92 M3

This device is definetly for real. Unfortunately m e92 M3 was stolen outside my house a few weeks back whilst I slept. I had both sets of keys in my possession. Worse of all the tracker signal was either jammed or swirched off.

Be extremely careful guys with your BMWs. Hopefully BMW UK are aware of this and if they are not my insurance company will definetly be contacting them as my keys are en route to be investigated by them.

Quote:

I don't understand if they have arrested the guys behind it all, why haven't we got our car back? Can't track it either what do you think they have done with it?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #120
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:

That vid is mad. It's so easy..
      09-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #121
briers
Ben
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla p85d

Unbelievable

Lets hope these aren't readily available. Luckily there are no shortages of BMWs
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #122
rakz786
Rep

Exclamation M3 Stolen

Apparently the tracker can be easily disabled by disconnecting the TCU Box underneath the boot.. That's what i heard
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #123
rakz786
Rep

Exclamation BMW Cloning Device

I'm sorry to say that the cloning devices can be purchased even off ebay.. BMW's are a lot easier to steal than you think.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #124
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Quote:

...Because there are so many different teams doing it.
The exportation of stolen motors and how easy it is to do it without being tracked or traced would truly blow your mind.
I keep on saying,don't bother with a tracker-if it's stolen to order,it's more than likely not coming back.It will have been jammed at the point of theft-try a blackjax system or such like,at least it will have been abandoned 100 metres down the road...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #125
shane55
First Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto

This is shocking and it gets worse...

09-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #126
mobileadam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320d e92 M Sport

While I have no idea whether the story is true, or just missing facts I do wonder how the OP was notified of the theft? We have concluded he didn't have a Tracker. So did NCP call him? How did they know it had been taken without permission? Was it that the car didn't pay to leave (did it tailgate some other car)? Still, I'm confused on the original reason for notification??

upon re-reading of OP can I correctly presume that NCP flagged the car up as not paying to leave? and then phoned / wrote a letter to the house of the owner (OP) who then was contacted by someone at home while he was on holiday? This part sounds pretty efficient of NCP? ALthough I would've thought they would just send a letter which surely would've taken more than 48 hours to get to the owners address? But then someone would need to open that letter, established the car has been nicked and then make the dreaded phone call - or am I missing something out of this process?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #127
roundthebend
Rep
Drives: M3 '08 Coupe

Update on my stolen M3

Below is what I posted in another M3 site, so I've just copied and posted it.

I recently had an unexpected call from west midlands police with news they have arrested 3 men in connection with the theft of my M3 from Birmingham airport in June. A total of 12 M3's had been stolen from the surrounding area from the airport and train station car parks and nearby hotels. Only 3 cars can be returned to their owners to have substantial repairs done - mine isn't one of them.

I was initially told that due to the value of my car it would have been exported and although I'm glad to hear they caught these low life scum, I feel sick that my car was likely to have been stripped for parts!

If anyone from Birmingham/Coventry/Solihull area is interested you can see west midlands police and local newspapers refers to this case and have listed the names and addresses of the bast*rds involved.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 05:54 AM   #128
LexS
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M Sport

My colleague's father lives in Hampton in Arden and had his M3 pinched.The police phoned him a week or two later stating the men had been captured but his car was long gone. I'm sure he wouldn't mind their details
      01-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #129
Fedupwiththievingscumbags
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D MSPORT CONVERTIBLE

How is this happening without keys? BMW wont help and are so dismissive!! I am very worried!

I am a new user to this site so bear with me!!! Just reading through and I am astonished and utterly disgusted at the amount of people that have been subjected to losing their cars!

In June 2011, my fiance surprised me with a E350 cdi cabriolet. Fully loaded, upgraded 19" AMGS, REVERSING CAMERA, HARMON KARDON, In fact, you name it, the car had it. I blissfully drove my pride and joy for 4 whole weeks before some thieving animal piece of c*** scum saw fit to put a sledgehammer through the back of the house (while I was here with my son) and take the keys and the car. Never to be seen again.

The insurance eventually coughed up (not the full £50k but near enough) and we had bought a 330d BMW convertible in the meantime as the insurance was taking so long Not a patch on the Merc but still a nice car.

NYE, we travelled from Hampshire to Birmingham to see friends. We all went shopping and parked at a train station with cctv in the middle of the day, caught a 10 minute train into the main shopping centre and retuned 2 hours later. On NYE, once again with my young son with me, we were met with no car and broken glass everywhere.

The car was recovered the following day thankfully (the merc was never seen again). I am however totally miffed as to how these animals managed to take my car in broad daylight, in a carpark with cctv (the whole thing was caught on camera but too far away too see what they did). Not to mention the fact that the spare key was in a safe at home and the other keys were in my handbag. According to the police, there were 4 stolen (all 330d) in the same way, the same day in that area... but HOW?

BMW are so unhelpful. Pompus pigs said it was not their problem!! I cannot lose another car and now live in fear that it is going to happen again! I have had 2 cars stolen in 5 months in 2 totally different ways... when does this stop?

Can anyone shed any light on how they are doing this or better still, how i can stop mine going again?

My biggest regret is not insisting on a tracker for the Merc. The BMW does not have one, however it is not the value of the other car, nor do I plan on keeping it long... just a little longer than the thieves thought I was... BA****DS!!!

Really sympathise as I was a mess BOTH TIMES my cars went. It is the most awful feeling!
Appreciate 0