E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BMW performance exhaust and warranty...

01-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

BMW performance exhaust and warranty...

Hey everyone,
I am about to order my BMW PE. Now, would the install of an OEM BMW PE by someone other than a technician from a bmw dealership VOID warranty on the car??? I don't see why installing BMW approved mufflers (e92 335) would throw any fault codes, but you never know. I trust the installer 100% BTW.

I believe BMW charges like $200 to this install ($$$$$)!

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
shifterboy45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe

warranty

as long as your installer does not modify (cut, bend, tweak) the exhaust during the install, the exhuast will be covered for parts and workmanship defects 4yr/50km

i had my installer do mine and told him not to deviate from the instructions included with the set -- there are specific "cut" points located on the pipes..

and i have the old exhaust to refit if, and when i turn the car in after the lease.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
Zero.7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340i AW M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifterboy45 View Post
as long as your installer does not modify (cut, bend, tweak) the exhaust during the install, the exhuast will be covered for parts and workmanship defects 4yr/50km

i had my installer do mine and told him not to deviate from the instructions included with the set -- there are specific "cut" points located on the pipes..

and i have the old exhaust to refit if, and when i turn the car in after the lease.
I am assuming that you do have to make a cut to install these mufflers, right?

Thanks for the heads up on the instructions. I will make sure my installer follows the instructions to the T And yes, I'll keep my OEM stock muffler just in case their is an issue.

BTW, are you still loving your PE? And, has the cabin noise gotten any louder with use? I just can't stand any droning.

'16 f30 AW 340i M-sport
8-speed Auto
BMW ///M Performance Power and Sound Kit with Carbon Tips / Gloss Black Performance grilles
Appreciate 0