E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xHP Flashtool - Flash your automatic trans! Official thread

02-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #23
blueh88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Exactly. Or you can play around by yourself and find your personal best cal. For that, the general license is enough.

No cal will compromise daily driving in D mode. Sport and Race are fully useable for daily commute in D. It's just that there is a bigger gap between D and S/M mode in the Sport and Race cal.
Sounds good to me. Look forward to it. Last question - I have ano OBD cable from BMWhat I currently use for the Carly app. Would that same cable work for this app?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:14 AM   #24
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: 335i F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Sounds good to me. Look forward to it. Last question - I have ano OBD cable from BMWhat I currently use for the Carly app. Would that same cable work for this app?
Don't know the exact cable you're using, but if it's a INPA compatible DCAN cable, it should work.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #25
Arthuar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 330xd 2007

Quote:
Exactly. Or you can play around by yourself and find your personal best cal. For that, the general license is enough.

No cal will compromise daily driving in D mode. Sport and Race are fully useable for daily commute in D. It's just that there is a bigger gap between D and S/M mode in the Sport and Race cal.
So if I understood well, once I payed for the general license, I can choose between Comf, Race & Sport whatever.
Inside them I can easily modify the single parameter, or I have to load a full personal cal?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #26
335stoner
BRR tuned
Rep
Drives: 335D black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthuar View Post
So if I understood well, once I payed for the general license, I can choose between Comf, Race & Sport whatever.
Inside them I can easily modify the single parameter, or I have to load a full personal cal?
I would like to do something to the "tune" of modify a premade tune also..
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #27
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

I see you posted descriptions on race, sport, and comfort maps for the diesels on FB. Do you have any descriptions for the non diesel community?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 05:09 PM   #28
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
I see you posted descriptions on race, sport, and comfort maps for the diesels on FB. Do you have any descriptions for the non diesel community?
The OTS maps will share the main features, regardless if it's 325d, 330i or 335i. Vehicle Specifics will be described in the app then.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:57 PM   #29
robnitro
Captain
Rep
Drives: x5 35d e70 2011

Ok, one request if possible.
The pricing structure is reasonable ONLY IF:
Let's say I buy the sw for $120 and comfort tune $50. Ok no problem, total $170 is ok.

BUT, we should have a trial period. If I try it and I don't like it, reflash to stock- which your software can detect. Uninstall software, refund. Or to try the sport tune, who knows.

I don't think otherwise I would put down $170 for a D comfort tune that might not work well in my specific stop and go driving. Without trying, $170 is not worth the risk. For whatever 5% (or less in my case?) fuel savings $170 can get a lot of diesel.

Am I confusing your offer? The facebook page does not explain the structure much besides the tunes.

Last edited by robnitro; 02-08-2017 at 05:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:38 AM   #30
dariox
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 330d

Quote:
Good question.

I would ask also:

So the Comf, Race & Sport are "full package maps" which modify ALL modes (D/DS/M), and maybe (if question above is right) i can later change settings of (for example) D mode.

But if i want the COMFORT map ONlY in D mode, and RACE map only on M mode, is it possibile without buying one map and modify single modes settings?
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2017, 04:46 AM   #31
IceMan007
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Couple of questions :

1 - How does "Adapted Torque Limits for Tuned engines" in the Comfort Map differ to standard?

2 - How does "Adapted Torque Limits for Tuned engines" in the Comfort Map differ to "Raised Torque Limits for Tuned engines" in the Sport Map?

3 - Can you elaborate on how the below Comfort Map features differ from standard
-Optimized D Shiftpoints to facilitate sporty, yet economy style driving
-Optimized Shift Strategy for up/downhill driving
-Optimized Warmup Behaviour
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 06:26 AM   #32
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnitro View Post
Ok, one request if possible.
The pricing structure is reasonable ONLY IF:
Let's say I buy the sw for $120 and comfort tune $50. Ok no problem, total $170 is ok.

BUT, we should have a trial period. If I try it and I don't like it, reflash to stock- which your software can detect. Uninstall software, refund. Or to try the sport tune, who knows.

I don't think otherwise I would put down $170 for a D comfort tune that might not work well in my specific stop and go driving. Without trying, $170 is not worth the risk. For whatever 5% (or less in my case?) fuel savings $170 can get a lot of diesel.

Am I missing your offer? The facebook page does not explain the structure much besides the tunes.
We haven't planned a trial period and there's a reason for that, apart from the additional development time needed for that. xHP is not a one-time install tune and that's it. The OTS tunes are an offer from our side which everyone can use, or not use. But the main part is the general Flash license which enables everyone to flash his trans freely. Of course, it's not at everybodys delight to dive into how the transmission works and build his own tune, but there will be lot's of people doing this and we encourage the community to do so. Also there will be 3rd party Tuners in the future, which will offer custom tunes for xHP.

Remember what we are doing here: We're flashing the transmission, fully. There's "nothing", which is impossible to do with xHP when it comes to the 6HP. So if you don't like an OTS tune, you will still have lot's of other possibilities in the future and they will expand over time. Additionally, the OTS tunes will get free updates in the future from our side. So we encourage everyone to contact us with suggestions for later revisions.

So if you are unsure, just wait a few weeks and read the experiences from other guys.
Appreciate 1
sd30675.00

02-08-2017, 09:01 AM   #33
jazredgt
Navy Chief Navy Pride
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Subscribed
2007 335i E92 6AT AW 603whp 593wtq MMP STG 3 / MMP Inlets n Outlets / JB4 G5 ISO / WEDGE TUNING BACKEND / XHP STG 3 / VRSF DPs / CW Catback / Elec Cutouts / CPe CP / GReddy BOV / Wagner FMIC / BMS Meth / PR STG3 LPFP / E-50 / BEST 1/4 10.92 @ 132 / BEST 1/8 6.96 @ 103
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:17 AM   #34
Arthuar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariox View Post
Good question.

I would ask also:

So the Comf, Race & Sport are "full package maps" which modify ALL modes (D/DS/M), and maybe (if question above is right) i can later change settings of (for example) D mode.

But if i want the COMFORT map ONlY in D mode, and RACE map only on M mode, is it possibile without buying one map and modify single modes settings?
Quoted then I try to elaborate it a bit forward, just in my personal point of view.
Instead of purchasing the general license plus a OTS one, why don't make a clever all included package which offer to the customer:

- D flashed in Comfort Xhp
- DS flashed in Sport Xhp
- M flashed Race Xhp

I think the customership experience would be better, and, last but not least a bit cheaper
Appreciate 1
Turbod274.50

02-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #35
SoCalHarley
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Quote:
Quoted then I try to elaborate it a bit forward, just in my personal point of view.
Instead of purchasing the general license plus a OTS one, why don't make a clever all included package which offer to the customer:

- D flashed in Comfort Xhp
- DS flashed in Sport Xhp
- M flashed Race Xhp

I think the customership experience would be better, and, last but not least a bit cheaper
I think this is a good idea however one of the biggest complaints of the Alpina B3 flash in D was the laziness of it. I personally would opt initially for D and DS flashed in Sport and M in Race. I can see however where being able to pick and choose the Map that fits personal preference in D,S, and M would be necessary as some may want other variations. Once the product is out and there is feedback on majority preference a packaged option like you are suggesting would be a great idea.
JB4 G5, xHP Stage 3 TCU, Wagner EVO 1 FMIC, VRSF DP's, Corsa mufflers w/x-pipe, Mr.5 intake, 25 row oil cooler, ST coilovers, Hotchkis swaybars, rear subframe inserts, Dynavin N6, 3M brushed black interior trim , Apex PS-7 wheels, Hankook Evo2 235/35/19 & 275/30/19
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #36
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariox View Post
Good question.

I would ask also:

The only reason you want that, is because you're assuming that the D mode in Race is less "comfy" then the D mode in Comfort. The Sport and Race Maps put features on top of the Comfort mod, which not all people might need. But they do need a lot of dev-time to get them done right.

Lot's of guys have no issues with shift speeds, or do not use manual mode at all. So we decided not to charge them on those features but rather let people choose. If you want all in, just choose the Race (or Stage 3) Cal and you're good to go.

Last edited by RBT-Tuning; 02-08-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #37
Arthuar
Private
Rep

Quote:
The only reason you want that, is because you're assuming that the D mode in Race is less "comfy" then the D mode in Race. The Sport and Race Maps put features on top of the Comfort mod, which not all people might need. But they do need a lot of dev-time to get them done right.

Lot's of guys have no issues with shift speeds, or do not use manual mode at all. So we decided not to charge them on those features but rather let people choose. If you want all in, just choose the Race (or Stage 3) Cal and you're good to go.
That's good.
It does make sense ".. Sport and Race Maps put features on top of the Comfort.."
Disagree about "..have no issues with shift speeds..".I am pretty sure, a lot of people are waiting for your app just to use it in Race; No Doubt about it, at least in Europe.
Very rare, a usual daily/common driver, unsatisfied by working way of steptronic in D mode, could be ready to investigate if was possible to flash it and changing it with an app
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:38 AM   #38
natedog7700
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i RB's 625whp

Quote:
We haven't planned a trial period and there's a reason for that, apart from the additional development time needed for that. xHP is not a one-time install tune and that's it. The OTS tunes are an offer from our side which everyone can use, or not use. But the main part is the general Flash license which enables everyone to flash his trans freely. Of course, it's not at everybodys delight to dive into how the transmission works and build his own tune, but there will be lot's of people doing this and we encourage the community to do so. Also there will be 3rd party Tuners in the future, which will offer custom tunes for xHP.

Remember what we are doing here: We're flashing the transmission, fully. There's "nothing", which is impossible to do with xHP when it comes to the 6HP. So if you don't like an OTS tune, you will still have lot's of other possibilities in the future and they will expand over time. Additionally, the OTS tunes will get free updates in the future from our side. So we encourage everyone to contact us with suggestions for later revisions.

So if you are unsure, just wait a few weeks and read the experiences from other guys.
I like what your doing here, it keeps the BS out. Just a flat rate of $120 to "unlock" your transmission. Whether you build your own map, pay someone else for their map or buy one of your OTS maps it will give you all the options you might want/need.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #39
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

What about when in manual mode in D. Usually it goes back to D auto but are you able to leave it in manual like when you're in manual mode on DS?

Would be good to see some figures on each mode you offer, like % faster shifts, % increase in TQ limit in each gear, just to get a better understanding really
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #40
RBT-Tuning
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Would be good to see some figures on each mode you offer, like % faster shifts, % increase in TQ limit in each gear, just to get a better understanding really
Added that in the first post, thx for input.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 05:32 PM   #41
kydiesel35
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Oh man I'm super excited about this.

Subscribed!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #42
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Added that in the first post, thx for input.
No problem. Looking good.

Just checked realoem and it seems i have the GA6HP26Z. Does that mean i can't flash it?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #43
robnitro
Captain
Rep
Drives: x5 35d e70 2011

Thanks for the reply.
Again, it won't help me to read other reviews. Not sure how many people drive in my stop and go, many short blocks with stop signs, red lights driving and in an X5 35d.
If you need a beta tester, I volunteer. But, I can't say I would even see a benefit with comfort or sport for my driving.

My key concern is limiting wear and fuel use. D likes to keep revs low but shift a lot. DS likes to keep 2nd up to 2250 rpm. Not sure whats better, I tend to use DS on the shorter blocks in my commute and then D on the part that has less stops.

What exactly is optimized warmup??? I know the tc stays unlocked and D drives like DS up to approx 45 C coolant. Is that changed and if so, HOW? Again, my annoyance is directed that I will not be able to try and see what I prefer, instead up front have to pay. Rather use it for a tune where I can delete/etc to save much more fuel.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 05:53 AM   #44
Trakx
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93 08/2008 N54

What about redline RPM shiftpoint?

It would be nice to be able to define the max rpm independent of Comfort/sport/race.
Appreciate 0