E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Ripped Off rear window trim :(

07-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
derk0mmissar
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 320d SE

Ripped Off rear window trim :(

Afternoon All

Any help is appreciated, basically i caught the lower section of my rear window trim as i was getting out of my 2007 320d coupe the other week.

The original metal bar wasn't too bent so i tried a number of adhesives to get it back on (as you can see in the picture, the clip closest to the drivers door has snapped off, meaning it will need to be glued back in place, other clips are fine)

I just couldn't make it stick down, i used super glue, gorilla glue, mouldable glue, quick steel, you name it! Nothing was strong enough.

Now it looks terrible and i need options for getting it fixed which aren't replacing the whole trim or getting a new window.

I've seen a replacement bar on ebay for an acceptable amount of cash, but i don't see the point in buying it if i can't secure it, i can't find the replacement little black clips anywhere! and even if i found the clip, how could i secure it to the car?

Any help would be appreciated

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
tofu?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54

if the clip won't stay glued down, you're not prepping the surfaces properly or not allowing the adhesive to cure.
Appreciate 0