E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > OFFICIAL: Air Suspension Thread

09-29-2019, 04:19 AM   #859
vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i montego blue - 2011

Garage List
Correct me if I'm wrong. From what I've read In this thread. Getting new longer end links will allow the front end to sit lower?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 05:50 AM   #860
BoostMW
Rep
Drives: 335i

Vuthy, in my experience with my adjustable end links was I was able to lower the car aired out the
Same amount. It’s being able to set them at ride height without pre load. Even the ones that came with the airlift kit aren’t long enough. I have to order custom length
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 02:20 AM   #861
vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostMW View Post
Vuthy, in my experience with my adjustable end links was I was able to lower the car aired out the
Same amount. It's being able to set them at ride height without pre load. Even the ones that came with the airlift kit aren't long enough. I have to order custom length
Thank you for the insights. Have the adjustable end links sitting the garage. Just haven't time to install.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 05:16 AM   #862
Jivejelly
Rep
Drives: E92 3335 07

Hey everyone read this thread a few times over trying to pick up tips and stuff , i have just installed a airtekk bag over coil kit on my BC BR coils. The rears are great , tuck a ton and can go further but dont really want to , but the front is about an inch away from tucking the front and i dont know why , coilover is wound all the way down.

Also my front wheel looks like its going to rub on the bags on any sudden bumps , the wheels are 19x9 ET 20 with 215/35's.

Pic will be included, really need help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:53 AM   #863
vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
So I finally installed my adjustable links and put it the length of 295mm. In the comparison pic down at the bottom. It did allow me to air out about another inch lower. I'm assuming another 10mm or more could bring me down even more to allow the front wheels to tuck. My question for all you guys with bags and adjustable end links. Did you guys turn the coils up higher to accommodate the longer endlinks? Or left it the same? Now when I really step on the gas in the car. My car wants to pull to the right a little bit. But it's never done that before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 10:54 AM   #864
boostd92
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M-Sport

Garage List
I've read through a lot of this thread (not all 22 pages, sorry). I have an E90 that is on Ksport coilovers that is as low as I would like (for a sports sedan). I'm tucking about 5mm of tire in the front and about 10mm of tire in the rear (still above wheels).

The ride is very firm (not adjustable on Ksports) and is on the border of comfortable for a mostly street car. I've been interested in an air setup because of how everyone says it rides so smooth/comfortably.

Then I read a few reviews on E90's of people saying it's stiff an bouncy. What should I expect and how do you get a soft/comfortable ride while being low (not ultra low)?

On top of that, I have a sloped driveway and I scrape my front lip every time I go in and out and it would be nice to have a setting to pop the front up 0.5"-1.0" to clear when I come and go.

PFA:
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 02:58 PM   #865
RNByrd3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2006 330i 6 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post
I've read through a lot of this thread (not all 22 pages, sorry). I have an E90 that is on Ksport coilovers that is as low as I would like (for a sports sedan). I'm tucking about 5mm of tire in the front and about 10mm of tire in the rear (still above wheels).

The ride is very firm (not adjustable on Ksports) and is on the border of comfortable for a mostly street car. I've been interested in an air setup because of how everyone says it rides so smooth/comfortably.

Then I read a few reviews on E90's of people saying it's stiff an bouncy. What should I expect and how do you get a soft/comfortable ride while being low (not ultra low)?

On top of that, I have a sloped driveway and I scrape my front lip every time I go in and out and it would be nice to have a setting to pop the front up 0.5"-1.0" to clear when I come and go.

PFA:
I'm sorry, I know this doesn't answer any of the questions you're asking, but can you tell me what lip that is? I really like how it looks.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2020, 10:16 PM   #866
The Maxican
Hola
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Datsun 280Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostd92 View Post

Uh this part is kinda hard because what people consider a soft/comfortable ride is subjective to a certain extent. I switched from Ksports to Airlift back in 2015. In my personal opinion, the ride is just right, definitely waaaaaaaaay softer than Ksports, but it is still stiffer than OEM (I also drive at a dumb low height lol). The Airlift struts have adjustable dampening, I'm not sure about other brands, so you do have a little bit of play with the stiffness.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #867
Emkuruma
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 328i

Air Suspension For E90

Looking to get a full air kit for my 2011 328i. I was going to get Airtekk stage 2 or 3, but everyone keeps saying I should stick with Airlift. Does anyone have experience with Airtekk?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 03:53 AM   #868
vuthy335
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
What's everyone's trunk look like with their bag setup?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #869
ceez
Mpowerceez
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93 m3

Anyone running the airlift performance kit on their e92 / e93 M3 and running adjustable rear toe arms ???? Not the rear toe arms that come with kit but aftermarket adjustable rear toe arms.

PLEASE let me know if you are or know someone who is thank you !!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 03:36 AM   #870
uh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Any suggestions on a budget setup for a 328i?
Looking at the prices for kits is depressing
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 06:41 AM   #871
Monstere92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 335i coupe

Garage List
2014 Bmw m5  [0.00]
2012 BMW 335i coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivejelly View Post
Hey everyone read this thread a few times over trying to pick up tips and stuff , i have just installed a airtekk bag over coil kit on my BC BR coils. The rears are great , tuck a ton and can go further but dont really want to , but the front is about an inch away from tucking the front and i dont know why , coilover is wound all the way down.

Also my front wheel looks like its going to rub on the bags on any sudden bumps , the wheels are 19x9 ET 20 with 215/35's.

Pic will be included, really need help.
Hey man can you show me how your rear setup is. I’m planning on doing bc coils over bags but i wanna make sure he rear setup will work with the bag on the strut
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2022, 09:11 AM   #872
icoutino
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i e92

hey! I just bought a 2012 e92 335 and want to bag it, thanks all for posting
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 06:17 PM   #873
jonaskvale77
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi

I have a 2007 BMW 328xi on Airlift Performance suspension. As others in this thread have noted, I had to extend my front sway bar end links to get the car lower to the ground when aired out, but now I'm having an issue where my end links are bending, because they make contact with the hub assembly at full wheel lock in either direction. I've had this issue with both the Airlift end links, and Whiteline end links. Has anybody else run into this, and if so, how did you solve it? The picture attached shows the front left suspension at full wheel lock, and you can see where the hub assembly contacts the end link.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 06:14 PM   #874
jonaskvale77
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskvale77 View Post
I have a 2007 BMW 328xi on Airlift Performance suspension. As others in this thread have noted, I had to extend my front sway bar end links to get the car lower to the ground when aired out, but now I'm having an issue where my end links are bending, because they make contact with the hub assembly at full wheel lock in either direction. I've had this issue with both the Airlift end links, and Whiteline end links. Has anybody else run into this, and if so, how did you solve it? The picture attached shows the front left suspension at full wheel lock, and you can see where the hub assembly contacts the end link.
Thought I would post an update, for anyone else that may have this issue. I was able to contact the Airlift engineer team by proxy, and they said this:
"Yes, we've seen this before and it's a very limited problem associated with only a couple models for a couple years, therefore there was never a separate change made to the kits to accommodate for it. The end link tab should be pointed almost straight in towards the center of the vehicle, but the alignment tab is in a different position. The fix is to cut off the alignment tab from the lower mount and position the end link tab where it should be. They can use their OEM suspension as a reference and draw a mark on the lower mount to help them align it."

Kinda disappointed, especially considering the price of the kit and the otherwise great quality from Airlift, and the fact that there is no disclaimer or anything on their website for my specific E90.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #875
jonaskvale77
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaskvale77 View Post
Thought I would post an update, for anyone else that may have this issue. I was able to contact the Airlift engineer team by proxy, and they said this:
"Yes, we've seen this before and it's a very limited problem associated with only a couple models for a couple years, therefore there was never a separate change made to the kits to accommodate for it. The end link tab should be pointed almost straight in towards the center of the vehicle, but the alignment tab is in a different position. The fix is to cut off the alignment tab from the lower mount and position the end link tab where it should be. They can use their OEM suspension as a reference and draw a mark on the lower mount to help them align it."

Kinda disappointed, especially considering the price of the kit and the otherwise great quality from Airlift, and the fact that there is no disclaimer or anything on their website for my specific E90.

Fix applied and verified working. For anyone else that may have this rare issue with Airlift Performance products on their E9X car.

Name:  Picsart_22-09-16_15-08-13-239.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  319.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 09:25 AM   #876
icoutino
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i e92

This is my 335 setup
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2023, 10:38 AM   #877
JoshMdy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hey guys, new to the forum. I got the car about a year ago and bagged it a couple of weeks ago. I also have some AG M590s on the way that will get powder coated black, and then in to the shop for some big power upgrades.

Appreciate 0