E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > NCS-Expert.com for Program Download?

08-24-2018, 04:39 AM   #1
M-sport-3
Rep
Drives: 3-series

NCS-Expert.com for Program Download?

I don't exactly understand the origin of the ncs-expert, but NCS-Expert.com seems to be the most reputable download site I have found online, and I'm considering paying $15 for their program download and guide.

Is that a reputable site? I have read about issues with malware on downloads of this program.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 06:49 AM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-sport-3 View Post
I don't exactly understand the origin of the ncs-expert, but NCS-Expert.com seems to be the most reputable download site I have found online, and I'm considering paying $15 for their program download and guide.

Is that a reputable site? I have read about issues with malware on downloads of this program.
Or you could go here, https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads and get it for free and it's probably a better setup. There's guides and Youtube videos by the dozens to show you how to use it. No need to pay for anything.
      08-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #3
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-sport-3 View Post

You could also use our download.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204192
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 12:55 AM   #4
TheKebabMan18
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW e90 320D

Garage List
habibi help lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Or you could go here, https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads and get it for free and it's probably a better setup. There's guides and Youtube videos by the dozens to show you how to use it. No need to pay for anything.

sorry if this isnt the right place but.

i downloaded that bimmer geeks software on my laptop but i dont have a com 1 port, is there a work around for this? or should ii find an old laptop and start again?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 02:12 AM   #5
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKebabMan18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post

sorry if this isnt the right place but.

i downloaded that bimmer geeks software on my laptop but i dont have a com 1 port, is there a work around for this? or should ii find an old laptop and start again?
If you go to C drive > Ediabas > Bin > open Obd config file and you can manually change the com port to whatever you want as long as it matches the device manager com port setting.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
TheKebabMan18
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
If you go to C drive > Ediabas > Bin > open Obd config file and you can manually change the com port to whatever you want as long as it matches the device manager com port setting.
will be sure to give it a try as soon as i get an obd to usb in, cheers man
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:36 PM   #7
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

If you buy a K/d can cable with a usb connection and download the driver
for the cable the com lines will show up.
I don't know of a PC that has had an actual com port for a decade.
When you plug in the cable the com ports should appear.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 02:53 AM   #8
TheKebabMan18
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

ive just gone through the obd config file but its still not registering my cable. do you have the exact name of the file and what you edited or could you send screenshots. its greatly apreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:04 AM   #9
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKebabMan18 View Post
Quote:

ive just gone through the obd config file but its still not registering my cable. do you have the exact name of the file and what you edited or could you send screenshots. its greatly apreciated!
Ediabas > Bin > Obd

Second line says Port=Com1 by default. You can change it to whatever port matches your cable in device manager > com & ports > right click your cable and go to properties > advanced > make sure latency is 1 and com port matches whatever is in Obd file.

If you don't see anything under Com & Ports then that means your issue isn't related to Com port or any type of settings of ediabas, it's because your cable is faulty or your laptop isn't recognizing it. If it isn't recognizing it you'll usually see the cable labeled DCAN with a yellow triangle on it somewhere on the device manager list. Right click it up and press update > automatically search online for update.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:08 AM   #10
TheKebabMan18
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
If you buy a K/d can cable with a usb connection and download the driver
for the cable the com lines will show up.
I don't know of a PC that has had an actual com port for a decade.
When you plug in the cable the com ports should appear.
the cable i just had delivered is not a k+ decan cable, am i still able to use some functionality of the softwares?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 03:45 AM   #11
TheKebabMan18
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ediabas > Bin > Obd

Second line says Port=Com1 by default. You can change it to whatever port matches your cable in device manager > com & ports > right click your cable and go to properties > advanced > make sure latency is 1 and com port matches whatever is in Obd file.

If you don't see anything under Com & Ports then that means your issue isn't related to Com port or any type of settings of ediabas, it's because your cable is faulty or your laptop isn't recognizing it. If it isn't recognizing it you'll usually see the cable labeled DCAN with a yellow triangle on it somewhere on the device manager list. Right click it up and press update > automatically search online for update.

yea ive just realised that the cable wont work with it, waited nearly 2 months for it to arrive , at this point i might just spend $50 on a K+ dcan cable from obd2 AUS
Appreciate 0