E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bedford Aerodrome Trackday Pictures 18 April 2009

04-21-2009, 05:48 AM   #45
pdw
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
What forum did you find a link to here? I don't think we were mentioned on Pistonheads so doubt it's there?
I think I went Pistonheads -> MiniTorque -> here

(the guys on the MiniTorque forum were looking for photos of the DB9 vs 911 incident)

Quote:
PM me your email address and I'll send you the hi-res versions of the pictures I have of the breadvan
Thanks - done. They're excellent photos

The 335s looked great. I've always liked the E92 coupes, and if I didn't need the space in the back of the bus, I'd have one in an instant.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #46
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Talking

Nice write up Tony.

I was thinking about starting up an odd 'Will's Word of Worldly Wisdom' post- this is a perfect opportunity.

Name:  Will.jpg
Views: 1317
Size:  86.3 KB

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #47
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Welcome back Viv! How's it going? You may want to respond in a different thread as this is going off-topic!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #48
OppositeLock
Rep
Drives: 911 GT2, M3 CSL

Found this on PH... I nearly booked this day.

What a complete prat the DB9 driver is, esecially if he had been warned before.

Did the 997tt have bucket seats in it? I am sure I have met the driver.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #49
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
Welcome back Viv! How's it going? You may want to respond in a different thread as this is going off-topic!
Thanks Paul- I'm doing fine thanks.

Although when has going OT ever been a problem between friends here?!

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 07:23 AM   #50
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Welcome Oppo Locko!
      04-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #51
OppositeLock
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Welcome Oppo Locko!
Thanks DXB
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #52
GardinerG
Registered
Rep
Drives: RS6 Avant

Warning Audi Driver Alert

Quote:
RS6 was surprisingly relatively slow down the straights - probably weighs over 2 tonnes so maybe not so surprising after all...!! Massive roll through the corners too. His brakes held up a lot better than I expected them to however!! It did look lovely - had been detailed the week before by Paul from ShineOn
Hi, that would be the driver's fault then. TBH it was only my second time on track in the tank. Traction control was most definitely on and I wasn't going full pelt as I had no desire to "Aston" anyone. Glad to see you all enjoying yourselves though. I thought Bedford was a great track and look forward to going back there.

First time I was on track at Mallory Park I managed to cook the brakes and boil the brake fluid. This time fresh ATE Super Blue fluid and cooling ducts did their job well. The stock pads are too soft for track use and am thinking about DS2500s. The KW coilovers also need adjustment when I get a few seconds. Oh, and she's 1.8 tonnes and that's with the double glazing, ya cheeky barstewards!

P.s. sorry for the gate crash, at least I didn't say Audi, d'oh!

P.p.s. could I have the high res pics of the barge....please?

CheeRS

Grant
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #53
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardinerG View Post
Hi, that would be the driver's fault then. TBH it was only my second time on track in the tank. Traction control was most definitely on and I wasn't going full pelt as I had no desire to "Aston" anyone. Glad to see you all enjoying yourselves though. I thought Bedford was a great track and look forward to going back there.

First time I was on track at Mallory Park I managed to cook the brakes and boil the brake fluid. This time fresh ATE Super Blue fluid and cooling ducts did their job well. The stock pads are too soft for track use and am thinking about DS2500s. The KW coilovers also need adjustment when I get a few seconds. Oh, and she's 1.8 tonnes and that's with the double glazing, ya cheeky barstewards!

P.s. sorry for the gate crash, at least I didn't say Audi, d'oh!

P.p.s. could I have the high res pics of the barge....please?

CheeRS

Grant

Hi Grant Glad to see you made it on here - did Paul give you the forum details, or did you just happen across us ?!!

The barge did look lovely, and probably a good thing you didn't go hammer and tongs all the way round as the brakes really would have cooked off!! Sounded immense though

But really, 1.8 tonnes ?! Who are you kidding?! Double glazing as well? Definitely a barge on wheels then... Besides, surely the extra carpeting at the back makes it 2+...!!!

I'd recommend against the DS2500 - they go off very quickly and have a tendency to judder (I had them on my APs before). Try the Pagid 421 pad instead - MUCH better for road use and occasional track use. If you want dedicated pads for the track, then you'll have to use Pagid RS29 Yellows.

And if you want the hi-res versions, PM me your email address!!

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #54
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppositeLock View Post
Found this on PH... I nearly booked this day.

What a complete prat the DB9 driver is, esecially if he had been warned before.

Did the 997tt have bucket seats in it? I am sure I have met the driver.

Thanks
Not sure if it had buckets in it - to be honest, the Porsche driver took his car away very quickly afterwards and I didn't get to see the car again

Welcome to our little part of the www by the way!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #55
GardinerG
Registered
Rep

Ehem, well it's 1.865 tonnes if you want specifics, but who's counting eh?! She's running 530bhp, 780Nm and is a handfull. I was pointed to the pics on here by one of the guys on audisrs.com (shameless plug). I was hammering the brakes to see what they would take... no fade whatsoever, which surprised me given Mallory, but I've learnt alot since then. The brakes have already been flushed and the holes drilled to clear the dust. ;-) The car can do alot more than I can do, for now!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #56
pdw
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
I'd recommend against the DS2500 - they go off very quickly and have a tendency to judder (I had them on my APs before). Try the Pagid 421 pad instead - MUCH better for road use and occasional track use. If you want dedicated pads for the track, then you'll have to use Pagid RS29 Yellows.
Seconded. Saturday was my first outing with the newly fitted APs and the supplied DS2500s and they're juddering nicely now Hoping I'll be able to clean the discs with some firm, cold braking, but if not I guess I'll have to get them skimmed. I've had exactly the same problem with DS2500s with the standard brakes, so I guess it was optimistic expecting them to be any better with the APs.

RS29s on order.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #57
OppositeLock
Rep

Quote:

Welcome to our little part of the www by the way!!
Thanks E92 fan, Im a big BMW fan having owned a highly modded Z MCoupe and now have my lovely CSL so will check the place out.

Such a shame when people cant show some discipline on track. I have seen stuff like this happen before where people get hot headed and think they are racing.

I always stick to a few rules.... 1)if someones quicker let them through. 2)if people are getting hot headed and your stuck in traffic come in and head back out when quieter. 3) set yourself a number of laps and stick to it... 15/20.... laps you will get tired and make mistakes.

Hope the Porsche owner gets sorted.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #58
OppositeLock
Rep

PS Great pics

Ive only ever done the seperate circuits at Bedford including the West.

Must get to the GP circuit!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #59
535dboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0sd M sport

Quote:

Car is being assessed tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #60
535dboy
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
how much does that usually cost
As a guide I've heard of £100 per £10,000 of cover per day + at least 10% excess on claim
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #61
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535dboy View Post
Car is being assessed tomorrow

Your Porsche mate?

Gutted for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #62
535dboy
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Your Porsche mate?

Gutted for you.
Not the one that was sat in the car at the time no
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #63
rjb90
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 2.7 RS

E92FAN - i had to become a member just to say thank you so much for taking and posting those fabulous photos of my old 911! Absolutely super. And dont worry; i am planning on buying an M3 for more regular track use so i can be a proper member, although it'll prob be an e46...
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #64
GardinerG
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb90 View Post
E92FAN - i had to become a member just to say thank you so much for taking and posting those fabulous photos of my old 911! Absolutely super. And dont worry; i am planning on buying an M3 for more regular track use so i can be a proper member, although it'll prob be an e46...
^^^ like he said!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #65
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
PS Great pics

Ive only ever done the seperate circuits at Bedford including the West.

Must get to the GP circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb90 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GardinerG View Post
^^^ like he said!

Welcome to our little corner of the www !! Always nice to have new members, even if they (shock horror) don't drive bimmers... yet....!!!!

You'll find a motley crew of people on here, with all sorts of motors.... we're not all that precious (well maybe the DXB is on occasion!) so I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Oh, and thanks for the thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #66
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks E92 fan, Im a big BMW fan having owned a highly modded Z MCoupe and now have my lovely CSL so will check the place out.

Such a shame when people cant show some discipline on track. I have seen stuff like this happen before where people get hot headed and think they are racing.

I always stick to a few rules.... 1)if someones quicker let them through. 2)if people are getting hot headed and your stuck in traffic come in and head back out when quieter. 3) set yourself a number of laps and stick to it... 15/20.... laps you will get tired and make mistakes.

I have another rule... even if someone is slower, but they are late braking to make up lost ground, let them through...!!!

Do have a good nose around here - although we're predominantly E9x series of cars, there are a quite a lot who have E46s... we all get on very well!! And looks like you have a lovely pair of cars - GT2 and CSL... greedy git!!!!

ps.. where in Surrey are you?? Lived there for 20+ years..!
Appreciate 0