E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding for 01/2007 e92 for hid fog light

11-26-2011, 04:10 AM   #23
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

So the canbus defeats the point of coding errors out?

Cam you link to the ballast that worked
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #24
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Yes
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #25
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #26
banky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

so where did you purchase the Canbus 3.0 ballasts? Can you link please?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2012, 03:35 AM   #27
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Bought off ebay.

Tries with similar ballast specifications
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #28
reddemon73
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435

I have been researching HID kit for my foglight and found highperformancebulbs.com carried the kit that will not throw an error in our car (newer models year). I planned on installing this kit during the spring months and will share my experience on here.
2014 435i M Sport //AW, CR//premium, tech, lightening pkgs//20% tint//full clear bra//ppk//blk grills//20" Vertini wheels//digital gauge//Apple Carplay//MPE with catted DP//VSRF charge pipe//Wagner FMIC//
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #29
Won35i
Unofficial Official "IN"
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi Alpine Weiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
Bought off ebay.

Tries with similar ballast specifications
Yes, but can you link us to the seller or auction?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #30
alp1newh1te
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

I have bought the HID fog kit from highperformancebulbs.com and they work great however I own a tempermental 2007 335i. I've had my hid fog kit for over a year now. They work but there's a trick to it. hehe. I have to turn them on while the car is in motion.. then the annoying part happens...the intermittent fog light malfunction errors and ding noise! I've gotten use to it but I definitely need to take it out if possible with coding since I always have curious passengers. If the car stays still too long with the error, it sometimes will turn off and sometimes it wont! HID Fogs FTW tho!

i need to learn how to code...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #31
pupsterdo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

I have a set of HID fogs for my 07 e92 from HPB. Should I even install them? There seems to be so many issues with my MY (manufacture date: 2/07)...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

FRM modules seems to be the finicky ones. Coding should get rid of all the Annoying errors
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #33
banky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
If wiring is fine turn off the error checks:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
sorry for the necro bump, but im trying to code out my HID flickers/errors and i cant find these values in ANY of my ECU modules. I literally went through the whole list. the weird thing is when i "process car" i can find the values but i can never succesfully code via "process car" and i always get an error. any help on what to do?

tldr; cant find listed values in NFRM when "process ecu/read ecu" but can find the values in "process car" but can never sucessfully code via "process car"

btw, im using DDM slim 35w ballasts with no error canceling.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #34
RJ's325ITS
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 Turbo, E36 GTS2 Racecar

back from the past..........

I just installed HID in my e90, and after I coded all of these:

FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
FEHLERMELDUNG_CC_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_L
nicht_aktiv
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_NSW_R
nicht_aktiv

They do not come on with engine running, EOKO they run fine.... New help!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #35
2088 MSP
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Ok, let this be an online repository for me, or anybody online. Here are the step by step directions (assuming you already know how to at least code the simple stuff like digital speed):

Mine is April 2007 E90 335i with a NFRM module (in NCSExpert),

First I was trying to just turn the fog light "bulb checks" off. so when i was using the basic method of: open up the trace file i got from reading the specific module with ncsExpert, with notepad, search for keywords, in this case either FEHLERMELDUNG -fault message, OR KALTUEBERWACHUNG - cold monitoring, OR WARMUEBERWACHUNG - warm monitoring, nothing would come up. And by the way CC - Check Control, NSW - NebelScheinWerfer - german for fog light, L,R - left or right (i know, original) These are all keywords i got from trying to follow another post where somebody with a 01/2007 e92 was trying to do the exact same thing, here.

Here is the solution and this is where ncsDummy comes in. when you first read your module (NFRM in this case) with NCSExpert, when the job is finished it'll say something like this:

Get Coded:
NFRM

JOBNAME = SG_CODIEREN
FRM2_E89.C09, A_PL2FRX.IPO, FRM_70.RPG,

pay attention to the last line, see where it says "frm2_e89.c09", this is the module you need to access with ncsDummy, under the selected Chassis,
and then select your NETTODAT trace file.

all you have to do now is select the check boxes for (in my case anyway they were called different from the ones somebody mentioned before):

CC_MELDUNG_NSW
nicht_aktiv
KALTCHECK_E89_FL__E7X_NSW
nicht_aktiv
KALTCHECK_E89_NSW__E7X_FL
nicht_aktiv
WARMCHECK_E89_FL__E7X_NSW
nicht_aktiv
WARMCHECK_E89_NSW__E7X_FL
nicht_aktiv

Then on the bottom of ncsDummy Export NSW_PSW.MAN, then go thru the regular routing in ncsExpert to upload the coding to the car. and bam, no more bulb checks.

Second: Now that i was more familiar with ncsDummy, and wanted to increase the pwm frequency to the fog lights , so the HID bulbs wouldn't flicker anymore.
Go thru the process of loading the TRACE !!! file again in ncsDummy, Find: PWM_NSW, right-click "Add Parameter" , enter name (i chose to stick with the usual, wert_05) enter HEX value, corresponding to the voltage from THIS table (double checking it in ncsDummy, since there are typing errors)(i set my HEX to 38,0E ==16Volts, full power)
then "Module Functions", ->"Update Module".

(Adding that Parameter, and then "updating the module" basically updated the E89 DATEN for the fogPWM function, so it could use another value, in this case 100% pulse width=thus full power to the HID ballasts)

-->Now when i loaded the NETTODAT file, i had the ability to select the custom values (werts) i just added. then again just export a MAN-manipulation file. and code it with ncsExpert.
Appreciate 0