E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive is dark, no chime, no radio, SOS warning signal present

09-29-2022, 02:21 PM   #1
mtman222
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

iDrive is dark, no chime, no radio, SOS warning signal present

I have a 2010 e91 xDrive and yesterday on an errand, my car lost it's iDrive capability completely. The screen is dark so I can't access any menu, there's no chime when the door(s) are open, and I hear nothing from the sensors. I do have the BWW auxiliary port in the armrest which gave me access to Bluetooth for telephone and that is out as well. The radio lights up but there's no audio or sound that comes from the vehicle.

From what I've read it's likely a bad amp or head CIC head unit. If I find one from a donor car (eBay) I worry about losing Nav and other features because I don't have coding knowledge to remap the new unit to my VIN.

Any suggestions or recommendations on what I can do? I did disconnect the negative terminal on the battery hoping it would reset, but that didn't do anything. Thank you in advance for any help!
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2022, 01:42 PM   #2
knutrei
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI

I have the exact same case as you. 2011 E91 LCI.

Driving in the rain then suddenly red screen and now it's completely dead. No chimes etc. USB in armrest not working, BT not connecting, no radio etc. The red light behind buttongs etc. light up at night. Checked fuses and they seem fine. Do you have an update on what you did to fix it?
Appreciate 0