E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > What's the Difference between FSC Codes?

07-08-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
GodStang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D

What's the Difference between FSC Codes?

So what's the difference between the Navigation FSC code and the SirusXM radio FSC code? Are the codes per item you are accessing?

Here is why I ask. I just got a 2012 with an CIC/Navigation and the car we traded in still has an active SirusXM subscription that I wanted to move over. The BMW has $693 Satellite Radio Preparation and Satellite Radio does not show up on the Radio listings. I know I can pay the dealer $1000 to do it or pay a stranger online to do it, but I want to do it myself. I coded my last BMW and was wondering is there a FSC code generator for SirusXM like there is for Navigation?

Any points in the correct direction would be helpful.

Last edited by GodStang; 07-08-2022 at 08:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodStang View Post
So what's the difference between the Navigation FSC code and the SirusXM radio FSC code? Are the codes per item you are accessing?

Here is why I ask. I just got a 2012 with an CIC/Navigation and the car we traded in still has an active SirusXM subscription that I wanted to move over. The BMW has $693 Satellite Radio Preparation and Satellite Radio does not show up on the Radio listings. I know I can pay the dealer $1000 to do it or pay a stranger online to do it, but I want to do it myself. I coded my last BMW and was wondering is there a FSC code generator for SirusXM like there is for Navigation?

Any points in the correct direction would be helpful.
Do you actually have the tuner in the trunk?

Sat prep may not mean you already have the tuner.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 02:48 PM   #3
GodStang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
Do you actually have the tuner in the trunk?

Sat prep may not mean you already have the tuner.
On my model it has the tuner built into the radio.

And to answer my question is that the F006 FSC Code for Satellite Radio is an actual Security Certificate that has to be installed, where as the ones for Navigation update is a 21 character code.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
GodStang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by felhoudja View Post
Hi, I have seen on the web that there is a fsc code generator for route frameworks. Is there someone who has some data on this or even workt with it. I'm extremely intrigued how its functions. The fsc code from BMW is pricey so in the event that I can save a buck it is Always welcome.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
Best I have found is $125 for Satellite Raido and I am now attempting to install and code it.
Appreciate 0