E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC Intermittent Reboot Loop

12-11-2022, 09:02 PM   #1
TassieBMW
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E90 330i MSport

CCC Intermittent Reboot Loop

I have a 2005 E90 330i with the CCC iDrive unit and within the last month it just started having issues where it sometimes gets stuck in a constant reboot loop.

When I start the car in the morning this issue is not present, however it generally (but not always) starts after I have parked the car for a short period then start it again. It'll last for 20-40 mins and then after many reboots it'll start working again.

This seems very symptomatic of a capacitor issue, so I'm wondering if it's worth pulling out the unit and replacing all the capacitors to see if this will fix it.

Would be keen to know if anyone else has experienced this with the CCC and how they resolved it.

TIA
Appreciate 0