E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Xenon to halogen conversion please help!!

10-31-2022, 09:03 AM   #1
f.alanis
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 2008 328xi

Xenon to halogen conversion please help!!

Hi I have a. 2008 328xi that HAD working xenon's with afs but due to a crash one was completely chewed and spit out. I seen ordering aftermarket led's with led blinkers was cheaper than getting a new oem headlight (and it would look much better) it took about a month for repairs and when I got the car back they told me they did the best they could do to get them to work (which they didn't). The lights are for 2009-2011 for cars equipped with oem afs and xenon which my car is so I assumed one year difference wasn't all that. The headlights are also missing a ballast but unlike most ballast that have two connections the headlight only has space for one which is the output for the hid bulb so idk if I just bought the ballast and put it in there if it'll work or if I can buy a xenon to halogen harness if it'll work or if that harness to work it still needs the ballast to send power to it or if I can just (hopefully if the vendor allows) get em extension on my return window and order some halogen headlights or anything really. I just need to be led to the right direction. (Really hoping if I buy the ballast it'll work) (the circled connections is the one the headlight is missing) if you want more images feel free to ask
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

What headlights did you get? Link?
Appreciate 0