E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > $3AH Backup Camera + Top View Camera Retrofit Development Thread

04-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #45
Luka117
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickco43 View Post
If you have most of the OEM bits then cut up the trunk handle and put in the OEM camera.
Sure this is my plan but I don't have a OEM camera yet and I don't know
is my TRSVC module is working. That's why I would like to somehow connect my cheap RCA camera to see if module is working.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #46
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Appreciated for following up. Yeap. I am waiting my oem wiring harness from Europe. As soon as it gets here I am doing the oem retrofit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
That‘s it! Thank you!!

I got it completly working in my E81, also the steering lines are ok!
I can trust this lines, without hitting something!

I calibrated the Camera with INPA, with ISTA it didn‘t worked..

https://www.imageupload.net/image/3d9jg
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2020, 11:49 PM   #47
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

I wouldnt cut of the trunk. I bought cheap Chinese handles for the Chinese Emulator. Now i am upgrading to OEM module so i installed the f10 camera on chinese handle. No need to cut and yes I am the only person who has done this way :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka117 View Post
Sure this is my plan but I don't have a OEM camera yet and I don't know
is my TRSVC module is working. That's why I would like to somehow connect my cheap RCA camera to see if module is working.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2020, 10:21 AM   #48
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

Problem with those small boot handles is you can't get your fingers in the same. I have fairly large hands and hated the feel of the Chinese handle. Cutting out the boot lid for the larger (including camera) OEM camera was a must for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #49
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
Problem with those small boot handles is you can't get your fingers in the same. I have fairly large hands and hated the feel of the Chinese handle. Cutting out the boot lid for the larger (including camera) OEM camera was a must for me.
What does it look like on your car?
      04-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #50
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
What does it look like on your car?
Exactly as it does on an F31
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #51
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
I wouldnt cut of the trunk. I bought cheap Chinese handles for the Chinese Emulator. Now i am upgrading to OEM module so i installed the f10 camera on chinese handle. No need to cut and yes I am the only person who has done this way :

How did you install the camera in the handle? Did you just epoxy the camera into the handle?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 11:49 PM   #52
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
I don't know, but I do not have any problem with the size or the function. I think it is perfect for me and I am 5 11, my hands are pretty big. And OEM camera must for me as well. That's why I have gone thru all this after having a perfectly working Chinese set like less than 2 months old
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-26-2020 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2020, 11:54 PM   #53
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
How did you install the camera in the handle? Did you just epoxy the camera into the handle?
U need to remove the plastic cover around the oem camera, then use a drill bit to open a little over 18mm on that Chinese camera hole. Then put silicone all around and press it. When it dries it look so damn good. and put the silicone cover around to hide the imperfections. Thats it!

I will never going to cut my trunk for the camera. It is just me. I like oem application but also like to keep it oem

But it looks pretty good if you can cut it right for the FX handle.

Here is how it looks like :

And this is the differences between Chinese handle Vs F10 m5 handle :

, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-27-2020 at 12:09 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 02:18 AM   #54
smass
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 325i - 10 335i

Garage List
2010 E90 335i  [0.00]
2016 F15 35i  [0.00]
2003 E53 3.0  [0.00]
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Does anyone have the part number for the 10 pin connector that powers the TRSVC?

EDIT.... Part number is 61139132577

Last edited by smass; 05-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: found answer
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 06:55 AM   #55
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

is having an e84 module is a must?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 07:25 PM   #56
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopy View Post
is having an e84 module is a must?
e84 PDC has an additional coding option for RVC and TVC also controlling the Parking menu with Camera screen such as turning on and off when u engage/disengage the shift or when u turn the car off . If u re using the e9x PDC because it never introduced with camera, what happens is when u re using the Chinese EMulator with that PDC, it does not turn the CIC Parking menu off when ur shift is disengage or car turned off, and it stays up until u turn the car completely off which means u need to either press the start stop button 2 times (First Turn off the car second turn everything off) or press Parking button right before shut the car off otherwise if u just shut the car off with pressing the stop button once parking button will not function due to PDC only works when the ignition is ON

Also because of the RVC and TVC option on e84, it sends additional Can signal to TRSVC to start/stop broadcasting for the camera. Without the e84 PDC no one going to wake the TRSVC on and u will never going to see the camera screen on CIC, it will only show the PDC unless u re using Chinese EMulators. Because Chinese emulator is always awake and up and when PDC gets the signal from reverse shift, that turns the Parking menu on and because the Chinese Emulator aways Up, it broadcasts and allows u to see the camera screen and no need additional Can signal from PDC.

In parking menu the Brain is PDC, TRSVC is working for PDC!

But if the whole point is using the OEM application, YES e84 PDC is must!
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-27-2020 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-27-2020, 10:37 PM   #57
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
U need to remove the plastic cover around the oem camera, then use a drill bit to open a little over 18mm on that Chinese camera hole. Then put silicone all around and press it. When it dries it look so damn good. and put the silicone cover around to hide the imperfections. Thats it!

I will never going to cut my trunk for the camera. It is just me. I like oem application but also like to keep it oem

But it looks pretty good if you can cut it right for the FX handle.

Here is how it looks like :

And this is the differences between Chinese handle Vs F10 m5 handle :

IDK why I never thought of that. I have not seen as creative of a retrofit for the E9X in a very long time.
Appreciate 2
      04-27-2020, 11:14 PM   #58
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Thank you buddy. Appreciated.
Quote:
IDK why I never thought of that. I have not seen as creative of a retrofit for the E9X in a very long time.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 07:11 AM   #59
Luka117
Rep

Quote:
e84 PDC has an additional coding option for RVC and TVC also controlling the Parking menu with Camera screen such as turning on and off when u engage/disengage the shift or when u turn the car off . If u re using the e9x PDC because it never introduced with camera, what happens is when u re using the Chinese EMulator with that PDC, it does not turn the CIC Parking menu off when ur shift is disengage or car turned off, and it stays up until u turn the car completely off which means u need to either press the start stop button 2 times (First Turn off the car second turn everything off) or press Parking button right before shut the car off otherwise if u just shut the car off with pressing the stop button once parking button will not function due to PDC only works when the ignition is ON

Also because of the RVC and TVC option on e84, it sends additional Can signal to TRSVC to start/stop broadcasting for the camera. Without the e84 PDC no one going to wake the TRSVC on and u will never going to see the camera screen on CIC, it will only show the PDC unless u re using Chinese EMulators. Because Chinese emulator is always awake and up and when PDC gets the signal from reverse shift, that turns the Parking menu on and because the Chinese Emulator aways Up, it broadcasts and allows u to see the camera screen and no need additional Can signal from PDC.

After installing TRSVC module did you route new cables from TRSVC to CIC?
Or I can just use RCA cable from Chinese retrofit and connect to TRSVC.

I saw also that 3 cables from TRSVC need to be connected to CIC instead of 2 from Chinese retrofit
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 10:03 AM   #60
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

thank you ok I will try to order an e84 pdc I saw one but it has front and rear pdc. my bmw e82 1m has only rear PDC I guess I will have errors in ista when I scan it like whats happening now I get error only in trsvc because my trsvc came from e70 with the surround option. I bought my kit from bimmer retrofit NBT EVO. with e series emulator.

is that ok? I mean I need an e84 pdc
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #61
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

oh currently in my car is the trsvc surround module for e70 with camera. and I also have trsvc camera from f30 with only reverse camera only. bimmer retrofit told me that because my car was an e82 and I have a e series nbt evo emulator better to get the e series trsvc camera module as that is the only one that will work for me car. not sure if icam will work with my setup but I just want to have a backup camera so that my 1m will be like same infotainment as the m2
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 11:19 AM   #62
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Quote:
oh currently in my car is the trsvc surround module for e70 with camera. and I also have trsvc camera from f30 with only reverse camera only. bimmer retrofit told me that because my car was an e82 and I have a e series nbt evo emulator better to get the e series trsvc camera module as that is the only one that will work for me car. not sure if icam will work with my setup but I just want to have a backup camera so that my 1m will be like same infotainment as the m2
I can not 100 percent answer that question. I also have f10 m5 TRSVC at the moment. And that damn retrofit cable stucked at the custom and no one doing anything so I can not progress on my DIY.

But after making many many researches what I see clearly that F series TRSVC uses CANBUS 1 just like the E series. F series PDC uses the CAN2 line. So TRSVC in theory should work with E series Without any issue!

And does not matter you use E series TRSVC or F series TRSVC you will not be able to code it on NCSExpert anyway. Even tho you can code it somehow, there is no point because there is nothing to code on TRSVC module. And Hitch Zoom Option can be coded under CIC with changing the Value of MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING to Aktiv .
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-28-2020 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 3
Nickco431457.50
scoopy60.00
      04-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #63
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I can not 100 percent answer that question. I also have f10 m5 TRSVC at the moment. And that damn retrofit cable stucked at the custom and no one doing anything so I can not progress on my DIY.

But after making many many researches what I see clearly that F series TRSVC uses CANBUS 1 just like the E series. F series PDC uses the CAN2 line. So TRSVC in theory should work with E series Without any issue!

And does not matter you use E series TRSVC or F series TRSVC you will not be able to code it on NCSExpert anyway. Even tho you can code it somehow, there is no point because there is nothing to code on TRSVC module. And Hitch Zoom Option can be coded under CIC with changing the Value of MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING to Aktiv .
Oh ok thanks. Just really want to have the backup camera work.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 08:56 PM   #64
Luka117
Rep

I just installed my TRSVC and PDC from E84. Camera from F10

All is working perfect! Flash new modules to match vin number.

Big thanks to SaNGRia for his help and for other from this thread.

If someone is looking for PDC module and CIC reverse camera emulator
look on this post please

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1718859
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 11:54 AM   #65
SaNGRia
Major
Rep

Great Job buddy. Nothing better than OEM. And thank you also helping me out flashing Congrats!
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 06:22 PM   #66
chris11
Rep
Drives: Bmw318d e90 2006

Hi

Anyone success retrofit top view with camera in mirror ?

Trsvc e70 is work but i don't know if mirror have space for camera
Appreciate 0