E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Do not get your car tinted at Winners

04-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Do not get your car tinted at Winners

I don't know if this is new or not, but they don't have a lifetime warranty on their regular dyed film anymore like they did a few years ago. They said that I would probably need to get the tint removed and retinted in a couple years (why the hell would they even offer this tint if the quality is so subpar???). I still think this was an attempt at a bait and switch, but since I already wasted my time going there, I figured I would just suck it up and pay for the ceramic tint and get the lifetime warranty.

Second, they did a horrible job on the dot matrix. Before they tinted, I asked the guy what his professional opinion would be...tint over it or vinyl it. He recommended that I get it tinted and come back in two weeks to get it touched up. He assured me that this would work. Well, two weeks came and I took it back. They touched it up, but I can't tell the difference. I don't even think they did anything. I really think they worked on another car while I waited, moved my seat up so it looked like they did something, and then handed me back my keys. It looks like complete ass. It is so uneven across the entire matrix. I am in the process now of finding someone who can fix this mess. I am not going to waste my time going there again since they seem to be content with the work they did.

Hopefully this will save at least one person from making this mistake. I took my previous car there a few years ago and they did a decent job. It looks like they have taken a turn for the worst recently.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
1N54E92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F30 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtsx07 View Post
I don't know if this is new or not, but they don't have a lifetime warranty on their regular dyed film anymore like they did a few years ago. They said that I would probably need to get the tint removed and retinted in a couple years (why the hell would they even offer this tint if the quality is so subpar???). I still think this was an attempt at a bait and switch, but since I already wasted my time going there, I figured I would just suck it up and pay for the ceramic tint and get the lifetime warranty.

Second, they did a horrible job on the dot matrix. Before they tinted, I asked the guy what his professional opinion would be...tint over it or vinyl it. He recommended that I get it tinted and come back in two weeks to get it touched up. He assured me that this would work. Well, two weeks came and I took it back. They touched it up, but I can't tell the difference. I don't even think they did anything. I really think they worked on another car while I waited, moved my seat up so it looked like they did something, and then handed me back my keys. It looks like complete ass. It is so uneven across the entire matrix. I am in the process now of finding someone who can fix this mess. I am not going to waste my time going there again since they seem to be content with the work they did.

Hopefully this will save at least one person from making this mistake. I took my previous car there a few years ago and they did a decent job. It looks like they have taken a turn for the worst recently.
go back and get them to put the vinyl over the dot matrix for free. vinyl is the best way to go with dot matrix.

F30 328i M-Sport (current), F30 328i Luxury (retired), E92 335i Sports ( retired), E30 325 ( retired)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Shieldze1025
Keepin' America Free
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I've had great experiences with them. They told me that there was nothing they could do with the dot matrix, and the tint that was on the car when I bought it was like that already, so it didnt bother me too much.

Just about any basic tint doesn't have a warranty, I got the Llumix and it's great.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough"
-Mario Andretti
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shieldze1025 View Post
I've had great experiences with them. They told me that there was nothing they could do with the dot matrix, and the tint that was on the car when I bought it was like that already, so it didnt bother me too much.

Just about any basic tint doesn't have a warranty, I got the Llumix and it's great.
There are a few things they could've done with the dot matrix but they recommended to tint over it. If they knew how it would turn out, I think that says a lot about them and their work.

They had the lifetime warranty a few years ago on their basic film...still have the receipt to prove it. Even at their shop their sign still says lifetime warranty for the basic film. Again, I don't know if this was a recent policy change or what, but it is a little shady.
Appreciate 0