E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW Bellevue, WA

08-01-2006, 05:13 PM   #23
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Oh, I'm not doubting the experience you had there. I'm just saying I had a completely different one. I showed up and one of the CA's came out to meet me. Asked me what I was interested in. We talked about options and what was available for a bit and then he suggested one of the cars to test drive. The only talk of purchase that first meeting was that I was in the market to buy "soon". Makes me think you just were unlucky in who you got as a Salesman. As far as the 335 goes, are you doing ED on that also? If they weren't willing to budge on MSRP on an ED car I agree, go elsewhere. If it was an off the lot car (out of their allocation) I'm actually surprised you found someone to sell you one below MSRP before the car is even out.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 05:27 PM   #24
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghunger
Oh, I'm not doubting the experience you had there. I'm just saying I had a completely different one. I showed up and one of the CA's came out to meet me. Asked me what I was interested in. We talked about options and what was available for a bit and then he suggested one of the cars to test drive. The only talk of purchase that first meeting was that I was in the market to buy "soon". Makes me think you just were unlucky in who you got as a Salesman. As far as the 335 goes, are you doing ED on that also? If they weren't willing to budge on MSRP on an ED car I agree, go elsewhere. If it was an off the lot car (out of their allocation) I'm actually surprised you found someone to sell you one below MSRP before the car is even out.
Yeah, I think I had a sales man who was having a bad day at the time.... But I have few similar expereinces with them as well......

Yes, I am doing a ED on the 335 and did let Seattle know about my intentions..... If you search on this site about faxing in your order to different dealers route you'll see how I did it... So far it worked like a charm everytime.... Even on a car that is not out yet.... You can email me and I would be happy to share the experience with you as well
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 11:38 AM   #25
rkg
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Anyone try going to BMW Northwest? My experience with Bellevue (Richard Hard) was minimal price reduction unless you show something from another dealership that may kill the deal and BMW Seattle playing "fee" games trying to squeeze every penny.

My ED experience was great with Northwest and was around $1200 over ED invoice.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2006, 04:04 AM   #26
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Seriously, I think the Bellevue BMW Dealership suck as hell. There were couple problems came out right after I purchase the car for a month. They were so unfreindly and un-nicely to be help and talk. I went by the date they set up for me for reprograming. They told me I went in the wrong date and teasing me as I am an Asian. They were also been delate for 2 weeks as what they told me it should be. I had taken my car to the shop for repairing 3 times already in 3 months. They cant fix the problem and wont do anything to it. They should let me return or exchange for something. They are suck and riduclous.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 11:01 AM   #27
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

As with everything in life, it all comes down to connecting with the right person at the right time and your ability to communicate and negotiate. I have a decided lack of the later two, so I have to rely entirely on the earlier two.

This time my service experience, so far, has blown away all my previous service visits. Went to a different SA this time and it's been a great experience.

If you need to make a service appt call in and ask for Michael Edwards.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #28
obLu
Major
Rep

Nevermind, spoke too soon. Michael was great, but he was out on vacation when I went to pick the car up and everything was fubar ... as usual with this organization.

I specifically requested mutiple times not to wash the car, as usual they did. And they tore up my black paint. Service manager is giving me a free detail. Gahreeat. Now I get to fight with the detailing dept to make sure they don't just use a filler wax ....

F$ck what is it with these people? Is it really *that* tough?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 03:31 PM   #29
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep

I was just about to post that I was glad that somone had had a good experience there and that it made me feel a bit better about taking my car there. Then you make a follow up post. Only service I've done so far was an interim oil change at Eastside Bavarian (went great, very nice people). Havn't decided what to do about the dealer service though .

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #30
obLu
Major
Rep

Guy here at work just told me to go to BMW of Seattle, and don't bother with Bellevue. He bought at Bellevue and then services it in Seattle.

If they'll shuttle me back to Bellevue, I'm going to give them a try next time. Can't be any worse than Bellevue at this point.

You know how heart breaking it is to spend all year washing your car with surgical care to keep swirls off of it, only to have some lot monkey wash the thing with a brillo pad?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #31
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep

I can imagine. Do you know if they give loaners at BMW of Seattle to people who purchaced at other dealers? That's my one big reservation. I live in the south end and work in Tukwila so getting shuttled isn't an option in most cases.

European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #32
obLu
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do you know if they give loaners at BMW of Seattle to people who purchaced at other dealers?
From their attitude regarding new car sales, I highly doubt it.

But it may be one of those situations that if you're cool about it, and the SA is cool, they might do something for you.

At this point, I don't care if I have to have my wife drive over and back with me ... as much as I'll have to hear her bitch about it. I just can't let Bellevue continue to ruin my car with their carelessness.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 11:15 AM   #33
obLu
Major
Rep

Update: got the car back from detailing, still some deep scratches to be seen, but 98% of the swirling is gone. To be fair, it's sapphire black, the car had some scratches on it at delivery and I'm sure I've put a few on myself. But it no longer looks like someone took a brillo pad to it, and that's all I was concerned with.

So I'm a happy camper now, eventhough it was time out of my day.

I do have to acknowledge that there was no arguement over the detailing to remedy the mistake, it was offered immediately as a solution. If they had really want to let me swing they'd have told me tough titties.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #34
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
Update: got the car back from detailing, still some deep scratches to be seen, but 98% of the swirling is gone. To be fair, it's sapphire black, the car had some scratches on it at delivery and I'm sure I've put a few on myself. But it no longer looks like someone took a brillo pad to it, and that's all I was concerned with.

So I'm a happy camper now, eventhough it was time out of my day.

I do have to acknowledge that there was no arguement over the detailing to remedy the mistake, it was offered immediately as a solution. If they had really want to let me swing they'd have told me tough titties.
Well, the question is..... Do you want to go through that every time when you take your car in for service?

I also recently had a conversation w/ a buddy who works for BMWNA and he told me that dealer should be giving out loaner cars for service even if you did not buy the car from them. It is not your fault that you moved from one state to another and end up getting shitty service because you did not buy your car from them. According to my friend BMW is a BMW and after buying this car it is BMW's job to treat you the same at every dealer you go to! What a bunch of BS! Heck GM gave me a loaner car everytime I took my car in for warranty work to a dealer I did not buy my car from!
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #35
E92Dutchie
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 328i Space Grey

I bought my E92 from them on the 1st of October. Alvin is a great guy. I talked to him beforehand via email and told him what I was looking for. Since it would three months to get the car in the config I wanted, he said he had a pretty similar car on the lot. Went there the next day, test drove it and bought it on the spot. Very friendly, easy to deal with, got some money of MSRP, etc. Afterwards I wanted to get Sirius installed, and he cut me some deal on that as well, although he didn't have to. So far, so good. A friend of mine bought his second car there, and he didn't have any problems yet.
      10-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #36
Johnny3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
BMW of Bellevue

Had a great buying experience with Mark Harrington. He is a die hard Bimmer fan that is excited about what he's selling. No bullshit, or that condescending attitude you can get from some Bimmer sales and service people. + BMW of Bellevue (currently under renovation) is the nicest (not cheapest, we are talking about a dealership here)place you can take your car to get service...once they get done remodeling it should be even nicer than before.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 02:08 PM   #37
obLu
Major
Rep

Quote:
Had a great buying experience with Mark Harrington.
That's who I bought from ... and yeah he was awesome. I'd definitely buy another car from him.

Update on my service experience: yeah they used a glaze/filler wax. After a couple of rains all the swirls are back in full force, so now I'll be spending out of pocket to get a real polish done in the spring.

I'll also be taping up huge DO NOT WASH signs in all my windows to hopefully get the point across.

Went to the parts dept today and got to see where they wash customer cars; yeah, no wonder. Big broom handle with a broom attached to it. Put face down on the ground when not in use.

Anybody going there, pay special attention to the condition of your car, and the SA's walk-around before you leave it. They're "stackin' and rackin'' customer cars from what I saw. Potential for damage is high.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #38
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny3
Had a great buying experience with Mark Harrington. He is a die hard Bimmer fan that is excited about what he's selling. No bullshit, or that condescending attitude you can get from some Bimmer sales and service people. + BMW of Bellevue (currently under renovation) is the nicest (not cheapest, we are talking about a dealership here)place you can take your car to get service...once they get done remodeling it should be even nicer than before.
I am sorry but when you are allowing them to make full profit on your purchase of course you will have a great buying experience..... Go service your car there couple of times and have them mess it up and you will know what I am talking about....

A coworker just moved here from DC and took his 2003 (or so) M5 there and he also came back extremely upset with the way he was treated once they found out that he did not buy his car from them....
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #39
TTG
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by obLu
That's who I bought from ... and yeah he was awesome. I'd definitely buy another car from him.

Update on my service experience: yeah they used a glaze/filler wax. After a couple of rains all the swirls are back in full force, so now I'll be spending out of pocket to get a real polish done in the spring.

I'll also be taping up huge DO NOT WASH signs in all my windows to hopefully get the point across.

Went to the parts dept today and got to see where they wash customer cars; yeah, no wonder. Big broom handle with a broom attached to it. Put face down on the ground when not in use.

Anybody going there, pay special attention to the condition of your car, and the SA's walk-around before you leave it. They're "stackin' and rackin'' customer cars from what I saw. Potential for damage is high.
for the few times I've been there I have had them write on the PO no wash OR full wax & polish at a place choice of customer......among with no wash post its everywhere..... It worked.... Give that a try as well :-)

Like I said many times I would not take my Civic to those incompitent i-diots!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #40
PL325i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

deceptive!

I went to BMW of Bellevue to have my headlights checked out due to the housing acquiring condensation on the inside of BOTH the headlights. I was told the pretty words of: " We'll take of the problem." Well, the certainly have not. I went in today to pick the car up and what I found out was quite deceptive, at least in my mind. They have not replaced the housing because they deemed it natural.

Can someone tell me how a 7month old car can naturally have a problem with the housings that allow moisture to get in and it does not dessolve? Hopefully maybe some helpful tips of what to do? Maybe attempt the service at another dealership? Contact BMWNA? BBB?

To me, this is simply an unacceptable approach to business from a dealers stand point, especially one that sells luxury cars and it is the reputation of the vehice that actually buys them. The CA does not matter, they simple see a dollar figure on your forehead, whether they treat you politely or not.

Any replies would be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2006, 11:34 PM   #41
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep

Have you searched for threads on condensation? It's a pretty common issue. The headlights are not completely sealed so in the right conditions you'll get condensation. Seems like you're over reacting a bit.

European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #42
PL325i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I don't think that having the entire housing covered with a thick coat of condensation isn't really a good idea. Besides, logically speaking, there shouldn't be any condensation within the housing. If the temperature falls bellow the freezing point, and lets say the condensation inside the housing freezes than that poses a problem. Somehow, waiting for the lenses to "DIFFUSE" the frost isn't really something an owner should be doing. Wouldn't you want to get to the bottom of this?

On the other hand, I did contact BMW of Seattle and I have received a completely different reply about the possible fix. They have told me that the housing and the headlight is one thing (Bellevue has said the exact opposite) and therefore there shouldn't be any condensation inside the housing.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #43
Johnny3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
buying your car from a dealership and having it detailed there are two totally seperate things. I suggest people take their cars to a detail shop to get it detailed. Makes sense...right
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #44
Johnny3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTG
I am sorry but when you are allowing them to make full profit on your purchase of course you will have a great buying experience..... Go service your car there couple of times and have them mess it up and you will know what I am talking about....

A coworker just moved here from DC and took his 2003 (or so) M5 there and he also came back extremely upset with the way he was treated once they found out that he did not buy his car from them....
I have had a 328i for the last 7 years that has been serviced there, seattle, and at my personal favorite, Strictly bmw of bellevue. There is always the chance thaty somebody is going to fuck something up. Its human error and unless you take an active role (like checking up on your car, meeting the actual person who is working on it) instead of just dropping it off and telling them to fix it.
And dealerships make more money off of maintenace than they do new car sales. I didnt buy my first bimmer from them and they never questioned it's origins. That sounds a little strange
Appreciate 0