E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Need Help! - Remove Rear Seat Back

06-20-2011, 04:38 PM   #45
Postell
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302 Kona Blue

sorry to revive the thread but do you move the plastic piece to unlatch or the metal "L" shape thing?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #46
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund View Post
Third: climb in the boot with a screwdriver facing upwards to the parcel shell. Find the (almost hidden) unlocking holes (one left, one right) for the rear seats (just a hole on the metal with a lever behind them) and move the lever outwards to unlock the rear seat back. Itīs a so called emergency release latch (donīt ask me why itīs called that since there still are the bolts at the lower part of the seat). That release latch is really hard to find and even after youīve found it itīs really hard to figure out what to move where, but once youīve done it, itīs easy.
I made a video. Ignore the last few seconds - repeat the process on the other side. I got impatient so I stopped the video

I basically just jumped into the trunk. Don't ask how I got out ... but I managed to do it without touching the paint.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #47
BANKAI
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Best thread evarrrRRR. Thank you for simplifying my life today.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #48
riggs6
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xdrive

Great Thread! Saved me a great deal of time!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #49
Brent
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
I made a video. Ignore the last few seconds - repeat the process on the other side. I got impatient so I stopped the video

I basically just jumped into the trunk. Don't ask how I got out ... but I managed to do it without touching the paint.

Old thread, but thank you for this video! I watched it and was able to unlock the latches in seconds. Saved much time and frustration, working in an odd position in 90 degree weather. THANK YOU!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
BOTUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335d

Hi Guys, this thread doesn't work for me... the bit you all struggle with is somewhat different if you have split folding seats option. I just release a lever either side in the boot and it folds down.

Trouble is its the side bolsters I want to move and I can't see how they are fitted and I can't find any bolts at the bottom of the back rest.... the whole middle section of the three seats are not secured at the bottom like the non folding seat.

so its all stems on how the side bolsters are fitted any ideas? oh... looks like I found it

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461974

As per the picture, one clip at the top, bottom is located on lugs. So you just grab the top of the bolster and rip it away from the rear of the car and it comes off. Not even sure you need to remove the seat squab / bench part, but I'd already taken it out. Refit of the side bolster is to line them up and give them a good smack into place..

Last edited by BOTUS; 11-26-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0