E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Amsoil 0W-30 -- The great oil study

07-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #111
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post

As previously explained to you Turkey - BMW sells two approved oils of different viscosity- the 5W-30 is for non M models and the 10W-60 is for M models only. The OM and the BMW NA website both tell you that you must use the proper viscosity oil in addition the the correct oil spec, LL-01. You did read the OM and BMW NA website, correct?

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ngineOils.aspx

Is this really that confusing for you? Is English your native language? If not, perhaps that explains the difficulty you have comprehending technical information?
This is a hopeless thread. There are a few people here that just don't want to get it. TB wants to argue. He is a troll and has demonstrated his ignorance.

I'm going to refuse to feed that troll. He knows you are right but will continue to pick on things that are obvious to anyone with an IQ above 50.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #112
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
If someone wants to use non LL01 oils, let it be...
Already 8 pages, i think everyone has made their point
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #113
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
If someone wants to use non LL01 oils, let it be...
Already 8 pages, i think everyone has made their point
The fanatics just won't quit it, with their 2001 oil specification worship, no matter how badly you disprove their crap.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #114
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep

Quote:

As previously explained to you Turkey - BMW sells two approved oils of different viscosity- the 5W-30 is for non M models and the 10W-60 is for M models only. The OM and the BMW NA website both tell you that you must use the proper viscosity oil in addition the the correct oil spec, LL-01. You did read the OM and BMW NA website, correct?

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ngineOils.aspx

Is this really that confusing for you? Is English your native language? If not, perhaps that explains the difficulty you have comprehending technical information?
I CRUSHED YOU in this argument. In fact I feel sorry for you. Again, since the 10W60 does not carry BMW LL01, approval, it proves that LL01 approval, is a requirement, but not a must for any given BMW engines. After 8 pages of nonsense, and weak insults from you and cb111, I still state, and maintain the following:

1. During your factory warranty period, its to your benefit to use the engine oil part number written on your car. Any alternate oils used should have the BMW LL01 approval, written on the back label of the product. Several brands such as Motul, and Total, carry BMW LL approved oils, so you do not have to limit your choices to those written on the website.

2. After your factory warranty has expired, your free to use, either the oil part number listed on your vehicle, any BMW LL01 oil with the appropriate viscosity, or any high quality specialty oil, such as Royal purple, or Redline.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 10:53 PM   #115
cb1111
I ask the questions you're afraid to ask.
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
... it proves that LL01 approval, is a requirement, but not a must for any given BMW engines. .
Stupidity reigns supreme. Stick a fork in it, the turkey is done.

With that, I'm out of here.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #116
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1111 View Post
Stupidity reigns supreme. Stick a fork in it, the turkey is done. With that, I'm out of here.
With the selection of women in DC being limited to either mundane, boring, or ball busting feminist lawyers, you'd have two choices if you live there. A: Become Ghey, or B: jump off a building. There is no choice C: write junk on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #117
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Folks oil doesn't need to be a religion and the posts don't need to be personal.

I think anyone who bothers to read the oil threads would know by now that to maintain your warranty you need to use the proper viscosity and LL-01 spec oil for U.S. gas engine model BMWs. If you don't care about your warranty or your engine you can use any oil you desire even if the chemistry may be incorrect for your engine.

As long as you have the technical information to make an informed decision it's all good as far as I am concerned. It simply does not matter to me what oil you use or how often you change it. Ad hype and religious oil beliefs posted by technically challenged people in denial does not make them fact. The car makers require a specific oil because their actual engine testing shows this is the oil required for proper lubrication of your engine. Without actual LL-01 oil testing no one can tell you if any non-approved oil is appropriate for your engine. That is a fact.
Again, don't just look for LL-01 tested oil, and call it a day. FACT: several oils used by the dealership like castrol 10W 60, and part number 07510017866, that aren't BMW approved. In fact the american Petrochemical Institute gave castrol 10W 60 a rating of SJ, while oils from amsoil, redline, and royal purple have no problem scoring an SM. BMW has written a specific dealership oil part number on your car. Use this oil, or a BMW LL-01 approved oil (varifyed by looking at the back of the label, and not on any website) with the same weight specification (e.g: 5W 30). Redline, amsoil, and royal purple all make fine engine oils, and there are large communities online, using these oils in their BMW's without issues. During the warranty period, it is not advisable to use these oils, as BMW obviously can blame them, for any engine issues you may have during this period.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #118
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Exactly, facts also can not change someones beliefs. This is why there're wars. Some might see the facts you point out are your beliefs. The problem with society is that people try to change others mind. Its a free country so we all have the right to believe what we want....do you agree?

Anyways, lets end this here ..everyone made their point

Quote:
Folks oil doesn't need to be a religion and the posts don't need to be personal.

I think anyone who bothers to read the oil threads would know by now that to maintain your warranty you need to use the proper viscosity and LL-01 spec oil for U.S. gas engine model BMWs. If you don't care about your warranty or your engine you can use any oil you desire even if the chemistry may be incorrect for your engine.

As long as you have the technical information to make an informed decision it's all good as far as I am concerned. It simply does not matter to me what oil you use or how often you change it. Ad hype and religious oil beliefs posted by technically challenged people in denial does not make them fact. The car makers require a specific oil because their actual engine testing shows this is the oil required for proper lubrication of your engine. Without actual LL-01 oil testing no one can tell you if any non-approved oil is appropriate for your engine. That is a fact.

Let's drop the personal posts because it's obvious some folks aren't going to change their perspectives even when their false beliefs have been technically debunked numerous times. Being in denial isn't going to change reality.

I hope the technical infomation presented helps those who want accurate oil information to make an informed decision be it on proper oil selection or OCIs based on the use of UOA.

The pissfests don't change reality. It is what it is. Deal with it.

Last edited by ska///235i; 07-18-2010 at 08:43 PM..
Appreciate 0