E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > $332 N52 Headers Review (GOOD!)

05-25-2023, 03:51 PM   #1
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

$332 N52 Headers Review (GOOD!)

I usually only post on the Facebook groups, but trying to start posting on here as well. I was recommended these headers about 4 years ago by another member of N52 N51 Owner's USA on Facebook. I'm not affiliated with the headers manufacturer/seller.

They are made by HZ Racing Parts on Aliexpress. They are AA "Replicas". Having seen both side by side, the only physical difference I could see was the merge being dremeled smooth, and the AA logo being welded on (On the Genuine AA)

They are confirmed to be what Roundelwork resells.

I bought my first set about 4 years ago and they took about 2 weeks to arrive with the upgraded UPS shipping on AliExpress. They installed perfectly with no fitment issues and no modifications needed. I did use all OEM gaskets and would recommend everyone else to as well.

I ran the first set for a year and with a flame tune and nitrous (They got hot) with no damage or cracking to the headers. I sold that set to a friend when I sold the car they were on and he is still running them.

I bought another N52 and so bought another set of the HZ Racing headers. They took about 2.5 weeks to arrive this time. I opted to have them coated with cerakote locally ($160). This dropped underhood temps, and made the headers safe to touch not long after turning off the engine. I have been running these and still do for about 2 years now.

The listing changes on AliExpress and from different accounts, so the correct headers to look for are the ones with an HZ Racing Parts watermark in the photo, and the o2 sensor bungs at and after the merge, not on a single runner. It will say USA version, but I always recommend messaging the seller with the correct o2 bungs circled to assure the correct version is sent.

So far about 20 people I know on the Facebook groups are running these with no issues.

As for fitment on 128i and 5 series, I can't speak on it as I have an E90. But I know of two people running them on 128i.

Again I make $0 if anyone buys these, just sharing a good deal that was shared with me.

Link to headers- https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=yL2FKfDMHp29

22RPD Vendor - 2006 330i - N54 Intake Manifold l N54 Throttle Body l Gruppe-M Intake l MILVS l 22RPD E85 Tune l S65 Injectors l HZ Racing Headers l TCKLINE SA Coilovers l M3 Front Arms l VWETISH Diff Brace l 3,91 Differential
Appreciate 6
      05-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #2
steifan
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 325i M-Sport 2006, 323Ci 2000

Cool

Any known dyno-numbers on these?

325i '06, 323Ci '00, A3 2,0TDI Q '10, 740 GLT 16V '88
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2023, 07:25 PM   #3
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steifan View Post
Cool

Any known dyno-numbers on these?
Hey Steifan, I haven't done a before and after with only changing the headers on my car. However since they are the same design, pipe diameter, length, etc. as the genuine AA headers, any before & after with AA headers should be near identical if not the same.
22RPD Vendor - 2006 330i - N54 Intake Manifold l N54 Throttle Body l Gruppe-M Intake l MILVS l 22RPD E85 Tune l S65 Injectors l HZ Racing Headers l TCKLINE SA Coilovers l M3 Front Arms l VWETISH Diff Brace l 3,91 Differential
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 11:44 AM   #4
jovanr
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Garage List
2002 BMW 128i  [0.00]
I have the headers installed on my 2008 128i - can confirm they fit.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2023, 03:56 PM   #5
pbedrosi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

I really want to buy these, but I also need cats. According our local muffler shop our cats are plugging up / restricting flow. I don't want to spend thousands (per bank) with OEM replacement. I'm wondering if these headers + high flow cats + 02 sensor harness extension would work.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2023, 07:09 PM   #6
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

Wow very cool thank you for the link!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 03:29 PM   #7
U.A.V.
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbedrosi View Post
I really want to buy these, but I also need cats. According our local muffler shop our cats are plugging up / restricting flow. I don't want to spend thousands (per bank) with OEM replacement. I'm wondering if these headers + high flow cats + 02 sensor harness extension would work.
+1 for CA cars
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2024, 10:02 PM   #8
nmcmill1
Rep
Drives: z4 e85 3.0i 2007

Ordered a set for my z4, if they are the same as AA headers they might need a bit of work to fit but I will let you all know once they are on.
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2024, 02:59 PM   #9
DHMerks
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimund View Post
I usually only post on the Facebook groups, but trying to start posting on here as well. I was recommended these headers about 4 years ago by another member of N52 N51 Owner's USA on Facebook. I'm not affiliated with the headers manufacturer/seller.

They are made by HZ Racing Parts on Aliexpress. They are AA "Replicas". Having seen both side by side, the only physical difference I could see was the merge being dremeled smooth, and the AA logo being welded on (On the Genuine AA)

They are confirmed to be what Roundelwork resells.

I bought my first set about 4 years ago and they took about 2 weeks to arrive with the upgraded UPS shipping on AliExpress. They installed perfectly with no fitment issues and no modifications needed. I did use all OEM gaskets and would recommend everyone else to as well.

I ran the first set for a year and with a flame tune and nitrous (They got hot) with no damage or cracking to the headers. I sold that set to a friend when I sold the car they were on and he is still running them.

I bought another N52 and so bought another set of the HZ Racing headers. They took about 2.5 weeks to arrive this time. I opted to have them coated with cerakote locally ($160). This dropped underhood temps, and made the headers safe to touch not long after turning off the engine. I have been running these and still do for about 2 years now.

The listing changes on AliExpress and from different accounts, so the correct headers to look for are the ones with an HZ Racing Parts watermark in the photo, and the o2 sensor bungs at and after the merge, not on a single runner. It will say USA version, but I always recommend messaging the seller with the correct o2 bungs circled to assure the correct version is sent.

So far about 20 people I know on the Facebook groups are running these with no issues.

As for fitment on 128i and 5 series, I can't speak on it as I have an E90. But I know of two people running them on 128i.

Again I make $0 if anyone buys these, just sharing a good deal that was shared with me.

Link to headers- https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...d=yL2FKfDMHp29

i’m thinking about getting these but im not sure what oem gaskets to buy as you said you’d recommend using oem. do you know what website to find them on or a link to them would be great!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 03:33 PM   #10
DHMerks
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

also how is the smell with catless headers?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 11:41 AM   #11
nmcmill1
Rep
Drives: z4 e85 3.0i 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMerks View Post
i’m thinking about getting these but im not sure what oem gaskets to buy as you said you’d recommend using oem. do you know what website to find them on or a link to them would be great!
This is the BMW part number: BMW-18107549447
Elring is the OE for this and it's $20 cheaper to buy from them.
Appreciate 0