E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 2011 335xi Clutch Replacement/Upgrade

02-16-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
spiritsavage
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Stock BMW 335xi

2011 335xi Clutch Replacement/Upgrade

Hey guys. I just got my 335xi a few months ago. It was 100k miles regularly serviced, so of course that means things are going out on it I just replaced the valvetronic, and the clutch is starting to slip if I accelerate a lot in higher gears. I'm hoping I can get a bit more life out of it before replacing it. But when I do, are there any recommendations for clutches? I know I shouldn't, and I've probably worn out the clutch way too much doing it, but I've done a few 5k clutch dumps, and I am pretty regular with 3k clutch dumps. Even though it's a stock daily driver, I drive it pretty hard. Is there an upgraded clutch/flywheel made to take that kind of abuse, or should I just get an OEM and a driver mod? I am babying it right now because I just replaced the valvetronic, I'm not dripping with cash, and since I moved out on my own about a year ago, I don't have any tools of my own (my dad was a mechanic for years). The mechanic recommended an oil change, but any other info would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0