E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N55 hiccup during acceleration

08-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
-v-i-t-o-
Registered
Poland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M47D20

N55 hiccup during acceleration

I'm about to change my 320d to 335i with N55 engine and manual gearbox I found one and during test drive I discovered that when accelerating (gentle acceleration with max 1/8 acceleration pedal down) engine has kind of small hiccups in range of 1300 - 2200 rpm. Theese are bearly perceptible but still acceleration is not smooth. It does not appear durning harder acceleration and in higher rpms. There is no strange noises under the hood and from drivetrain. Engine works smooth on idle and when reving. I'm not really sure where should I look for reason. Could that be valvetronic issue or end of live of injectors?...

Unfotunately I did not have chance to connect car to any computer and search for faults but before second time I would like to have at least clue what that might be. If you experienced anything like that or have an idea of the reason of such behaviour I'll be appreciate for sharing

Car milleage is 95 000km (56 000 miles)
Appreciate 0