E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need Help Diagnosing this Problem! Crankshaft Position Sensor/DSC

05-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #1
NCSUPack24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i (E90)

Need Help Diagnosing this Problem! Crankshaft Position Sensor/DSC

Alright, so here’s the story. Last week, my car had a really long crank, but it finally caught, and the car started. Once it started, it showed a CEL. I turned the car off and back on, and it started like normal with no CEL. Got home later that day and ran ISTA. The following codes popped up.

002A94 DME Crankshaft Sensor Signal
005E1A DSC Engine Management Interface

So, I figured this was just a Crankshaft sensor problem. Picked up a new one at the dealership (w/o-ring and bolt) and installed it. Same long crank, same code... only now the DSC light will pop on from time to time. I checked my work, everything is plugged up and together in the right place and order. Tried unplugging the battery for 10 min, no dice. Reset the codes via ISTA and they keep coming back.

Any help or suggestions? This is driving me nuts!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 01:04 PM   #2
gg83
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGAHopeful26 View Post
Alright, so here’s the story. Last week, my car had a really long crank, but it finally caught, and the car started. Once it started, it showed a CEL. I turned the car off and back on, and it started like normal with no CEL. Got home later that day and ran ISTA. The following codes popped up.

002A94 DME Crankshaft Sensor Signal
005E1A DSC Engine Management Interface

So, I figured this was just a Crankshaft sensor problem. Picked up a new one at the dealership (w/o-ring and bolt) and installed it. Same long crank, same code... only now the DSC light will pop on from time to time. I checked my work, everything is plugged up and together in the right place and order. Tried unplugging the battery for 10 min, no dice. Reset the codes via ISTA and they keep coming back.

Any help or suggestions? This is driving me nuts!
Did you figure this out?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:25 AM   #3
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Any more on this issue?? I just had a long crank and then this same code. 005E1A from the DSC system. Car was also running rough. Sat overnight then reset the codes and it cleared and running smooth again. Will it come back?
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0