E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > North Idaho, INPA Help?

07-17-2021, 10:59 AM   #1
captionwellhidden
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

North Idaho, INPA Help?

Looking for a local who can help a fella out? Setup, basics, etc...
I have a 2011 328i x-drive N51, did valve cover gasket, pcv hoses, plugs, coils, intake gaskets. Cleared out misfires, thankfully.
Then did diff fluids, as well as the transfer case.
Things to still do, brake system front to back, already have the parts but waiting on an idiotic company to exchange a rotor for me (they sent me a used one!). Get all the splash shields, as they're all missing, yay.
Oh, and the inner disa is bad as well (motors worn), just waiting on the part.
The software comes in as far as diagnosing the last few codes, they indicate a bad lambda sensor, but I'm sitting on the fence as far as it being a bad injector. I'm going to move the suspect injector later and see if the problem follows, but I would like to use INPA for the diagnostics, I have the bimmergeeks protool with the software suite and cable, and an old laptop. Really need someone ahead of me so I can avoid some trial and error. Been doing it all on the phone app and it has a lacking interface.
If we can do some diagnosis, that would be a hell of a bonus! I'll gladly pay in beer, I'm pretty damn well stocked.
Just don't want to throw unneeded parts at it, or cheap ones. Cheers!

Also, well aware of the million vids for it, more of a hands on learner. If I need to go that route, I will, just reaching out to see if I can avoid it

Last edited by captionwellhidden; 07-17-2021 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: Additional Info
Appreciate 0