E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > A_Squared's E90 LCI Headlight Retrofit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-26-2019, 07:11 PM   #23
Carlosjpt
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: e90 320d
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Thanks man! I guess it's possible but would have taken a lot more work. It would likely be a tight fit as well with the shroud the way it is. But anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work. Just didn't seem worth the trouble for me. You'd also likely have to code out the cornering light and figure out where to draw power from for the projector also.
probably right, and not worth the effort. another question, can you get a deamon eye in the inner "projector"?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2019, 11:24 PM   #24
asquared
Walnut Blasting Wizard
asquared's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M Sport
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosjpt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Thanks man! I guess it's possible but would have taken a lot more work. It would likely be a tight fit as well with the shroud the way it is. But anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work. Just didn't seem worth the trouble for me. You'd also likely have to code out the cornering light and figure out where to draw power from for the projector also.
probably right, and not worth the effort. another question, can you get a deamon eye in the inner "projector"?
Well if you are gonna go through the trouble of fitting an inner projector then yes, of course you could probably fit another demon eye LED in there. But if you keep the cornering light like I did, then putting a demon eye just doesn't look right with the lens of the cornering light.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 06:59 PM   #25
Carlosjpt
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: e90 320d
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: portugal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Well if you are gonna go through the trouble of fitting an inner projector then yes, of course you could probably fit another demon eye LED in there. But if you keep the cornering light like I did, then putting a demon eye just doesn't look right with the lens of the cornering light.

i dont have the cornering light, mine just houses the angel eye bulb. what i dont know is what behind the glass, preventing light from shining through. and can it be removed.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 12:58 AM   #26
asquared
Walnut Blasting Wizard
asquared's Avatar
United_States
122
Rep
271
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M Sport
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosjpt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Well if you are gonna go through the trouble of fitting an inner projector then yes, of course you could probably fit another demon eye LED in there. But if you keep the cornering light like I did, then putting a demon eye just doesn't look right with the lens of the cornering light.

i dont have the cornering light, mine just houses the angel eye bulb. what i dont know is what behind the glass, preventing light from shining through. and can it be removed.
Ahh gotcha. If you don't have the cornering light there, then it's probably just a dummy lens with nothing behind. I think I walked a friend through his light mod and his was the same. Just doesn't look right putting a demon eye behind it. But to answer your question I think it can be removed. Just up to you what you would replace it with. You could go with a dummy projector if you wanted the dual projector look.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #27
atwal187
Second Lieutenant
atwal187's Avatar
Canada
25
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: bmw 335d e90 2009
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: bc canada

iTrader: (0)

It's a dummy lens, I took it out and replaced it with an actual lens ( not projector but just the lens itself). And put a demon eye behind it for a quad demon eye set up
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #28
Carlosjpt
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: e90 320d
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: portugal

iTrader: (0)

ok, thanks asquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwal187 View Post
It's a dummy lens, I took it out and replaced it with an actual lens ( not projector but just the lens itself). And put a demon eye behind it for a quad demon eye set up
awsome, what lense did you use? or do you know the size?

do you have some pics of your quad demon eyes?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST