E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Official Ottawa Members Thread

Closed Thread

12-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #881
excoupe
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 323i

Garage List
2009 323i  [0.00]
Smile

Hi everyone!

I should be getting an E90 soon so I wanted to suss out the community. I've been in Ottawa for a little while and have tried some of the motorsport around here - Calabogie motorbike school, MCO winter driving school, MCO autocross school, and MCO time & distance rally, so you have questions about those let me know.

I used to drive a white Civic coupe but the ladies (And my parents) didn't like ducking into the back. I had an E30 beater back in the day so it should be nice getting back into a 3-series (And analogue dials!)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #882
fizzerd
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by excoupe View Post
Hi everyone!

I should be getting an E90 soon so I wanted to suss out the community. I've been in Ottawa for a little while and have tried some of the motorsport around here - Calabogie motorbike school, MCO winter driving school, MCO autocross school, and MCO time & distance rally, so you have questions about those let me know.

I used to drive a white Civic coupe but the ladies (And my parents) didn't like ducking into the back. I had an E30 beater back in the day so it should be nice getting back into a 3-series (And analogue dials!)
Congrats on your new car! I thought I'll reply to you here. Let me know when you are in town. Hopefully, I will have things until then.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #883
clairvoyant
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bavarian Manure Wagon (BMW)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.24]
Question

A question to excoupe:
Which one of those listed schools has more bang for the buck?
I hate to say some of driving schools are snobbish yuppies infested.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #884
excoupe
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 323i

Garage List
2009 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
A question to excoupe:
Which one of those listed schools has more bang for the buck?
I hate to say some of driving schools are snobbish yuppies infested.
All the people I've met at the schools listed have been pretty cool. Never dealt with any snob factor.

The MCO winter school is fun, and its a mix of driving enthusiasts and safety conscious drivers who just want to know how to handle their car in the snow. It takes place at a snow course that's set up at a local race track; plenty of sliding around. Some minor risk of snapping some tabs on your bumpers if you hit a snowbank. $175 last I checked. There is some everyday practicality there since we all drive in the snow, so that's probably the most bang for your buck. The focus of the course is winter driving skills so there is more of a safety than a performance focus, but it was fun all the same.

The autocross school is mainly about teaching you to drive autocross so there is somewhat less everyday applicability, but again, still entertaining. I forget how much that costs.

Turn2 is about riding on a track, so it's a totally different ballgame, much more expensive; depending also on whether you have your own track prepped bike, but Calabogie is an awesome track.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread