E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Just went 12.1@119mph, 11's here we come

08-08-2015, 09:41 PM   #23
Scotty89
Buy a 335 they said... It'll be fun they said...
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I don't think we're calculating our E60 mixes incorrectly. I think you just don't want to get a custom tune and make your life easier (and faster).

The JB4 is great, until you're trying to max it out and then tweaking everything under the sun just to avoid limp modes and fail safes.

Edit: It really doesn't matter between E50 and E60 as long as the engine isn't detecting knock with your tune. At 22psi and 13.5 degrees, no timing corrections here...

Last edited by Scotty89; 08-08-2015 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #24
bmwheath
11 second stock turbo club. 11.6@120mph
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfeeqh View Post
Did you launch in manual model M2 or M1 when you brake boosted to 1800rpm?
Now thats a secret lol.. Just try every way and see what works best for you. It will depend on what what type of traction you have as well. By a BMS kickdown blocker if you want to take off in M2, as its almost impossible not to hit the kickdown when on the line, that foot instantly goes strait to the floor lol..
If your not very experienced at the track i would advise to go around the water and not do a burnout, then hold down traction control button 5 seconds, roll into staging and start your brake boost. I do a burn out but its just 1 more thing to worry about for a novice, you will then also run the risk of getting a whole heap of warning lights or check engine light on the dash (not what you want when pulling into stage).
I miss the days of just turning up in a 500hp old school V8, smoke the tyres, then race. Its so much more complicated these days hahaha
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim

Last edited by bmwheath; 08-08-2015 at 10:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2015, 10:33 PM   #25
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty89 View Post
I don't think we're calculating our E60 mixes incorrectly. I think you just don't want to get a custom tune and make your life easier (and faster).

The JB4 is great, until you're trying to max it out and then tweaking everything under the sun just to avoid limp modes and fail safes.

Edit: It really doesn't matter between E50 and E60 as long as the engine isn't detecting knock with your tune. At 22psi and 13.5 degrees, no timing corrections here...
Hey Scotty. Haha, no i didnt mean you guys, i just meant on forums in general people are running a JB4 with E85 backend flash and seem to be able to run E60-70 mixes with there stock hpfp (wheather they are all calculating there mixes right, some people thing that 1/2 tank of E85 & 1/2 unleaded is an E50 mix, ITS NOT!). For whatever reason my car is happy at E50 and no more in its current form..
At this mix im getting 20.5psi peak with a slow tapper all the way to redline, on average 12.3-14.2 degrees timing & 0 corrections also. As you know there is a glitch in my tune that keeps popping up, and its also very laggy under 3k as its not a custom tune.. I will definately be giving the MHD tune a go as soon as i buy all the bits and pieces needed (i have no android device either). You went with Wedge right Scotty??
JB4 ISO - 3" Catless Downpipes - RB Inlets to be fitted - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - BMW PE exhaust - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/ E50 mix, running map7 - NGK Plugs - BMS Catchcan - RB pcv valve - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - M3 rep sideskirts - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 04:13 AM   #26
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath
Quote:
Did you launch in manual model M2 or M1 when you brake boosted to 1800rpm?
Now thats a secret lol.. Just try every way and see what works best for you. It will depend on what what type of traction you have as well. By a BMS kickdown blocker if you want to take off in M2, as its almost impossible not to hit the kickdown when on the line, that foot instantly goes strait to the floor lol..
If your not very experienced at the track i would advise to go around the water and not do a burnout, then hold down traction control button 5 seconds, roll into staging and start your brake boost. I do a burn out but its just 1 more thing to worry about for a novice, you will then also run the risk of getting a whole heap of warning lights or check engine light on the dash (not what you want when pulling into stage).
I miss the days of just turning up in a 500hp old school V8, smoke the tyres, then race. Its so much more complicated these days hahaha
Hahahaha - thanks for the tips bro. I'm a novice, never been to the tracks.

I have done some 0-100 runs on some private roads on my current setup and have run 4.28 sec to 100kmh (on a Gtech meter) not sure if that's fast or slow with my current mods. My technique was

- traction control fully off
- Brake Boost to 1000 rpm
- Manual mode launch in M1
- Shift manually at around 6500 (I think)

As I said I'm a novice, I think I have read on threads people dipping into 4 sec flat
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 04:41 AM   #27
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Good 1/4 times.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 04:57 AM   #28
Brule
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92 6spd man

Hopefully with 17s you can get another tenth.

Have you got Cobb? Or are you going to try MHD?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:38 AM   #29
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
Hopefully with 17s you can get another tenth.

Have you got Cobb? Or are you going to try MHD?
Im JB4 and just an E85 flash. My car could use some tuning as its way under boost target till about 3500rpm and have issues in the upper rev range too..
Yes some slicks and lighter rims are next on the cards for the track.
Anyone else running the Alpina trans flash and BMS kickdown blocker?
I had a glitch at the track where i launched in 2nd (in manual mode) with the kickdown blocker and it shifted by itself into 3rd at 4000rpm. Wonder if it was a torque issue?? Im not sure, but it happend on the 2 runs that i used the kickdown blocker
I heard you have done reasonably well at the track also Brule?

Last edited by bmwheath; 08-09-2015 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #30
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Hahahaha - thanks for the tips bro. I'm a novice, never been to the tracks.

I have done some 0-100 runs on some private roads on my current setup and have run 4.28 sec to 100kmh (on a Gtech meter) not sure if that's fast or slow with my current mods. My technique was

- traction control fully off
- Brake Boost to 1000 rpm
- Manual mode launch in M1
- Shift manually at around 6500 (I think)

As I said I'm a novice, I think I have read on threads people dipping into 4 sec flat
Im not sure but it would have to be easily into the 3's?? I know of a car in the states that runs an 11.6 and apparently 3.4 sec 0-60mph (apparently)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 08:04 AM   #31
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath View Post
Hopefully lol.. Someone should make a sticky, 1/4 mile times thread!! Would be really good to compare with other Aussie cars & not just go off the U.S forums all the time
1 addicts aussie drag thread

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...534598&page=55

Kenny has a great noob drag tutorial at the start of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:08 PM   #32
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
1 addicts aussie drag thread

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...534598&page=55

Kenny has a great noob drag tutorial at the start of this thread.
Awesome mate! Is there a 3 series 1/4 mile times thread anywhere? I thought the 1 series guys would be quicker than that being (70-80kg's? lighter than our heavy beasts)
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:27 PM   #33
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Awesome mate! Is there a 3 series 1/4 mile times thread anywhere? I thought the 1 series guys would be quicker than that being (70-80kg's? lighter than our heavy beasts)
Nah I dont recall an official Australian 1/4 E9X thread...

If I lived closer to WSID I would definately get down there more often to practice and have a few runs down the strip... Bloody very difficult to launch a MT especially being a drag noob

I thought the E82 guys were more like 150kg lighter? Ultimately the E9X has a better chassis perhaps this plays a large part in it also?

martymil has some nice mods on his 135i and gets to WSID quite often it will be interesting to see what times he starts running!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 06:58 PM   #34
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Nah I dont recall an official Australian 1/4 E9X thread...

If I lived closer to WSID I would definately get down there more often to practice and have a few runs down the strip... Bloody very difficult to launch a MT especially being a drag noob

I thought the E82 guys were more like 150kg lighter? Ultimately the E9X has a better chassis perhaps this plays a large part in it also?

martymil has some nice mods on his 135i and gets to WSID quite often it will be interesting to see what times he starts running!
A manual should be easy to get off the line! Give her about 4000rpm and slip that clutch & feed it gas until your away. You may need some drag radials but the track should be fairly grippy. If you have slicks then you can just dump the clutch rather than feather it. Do you have an LSD? Wish mine was manual : (
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 07:03 PM   #35
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
A manual should be easy to get off the line! Give her about 4000rpm and slip that clutch & feed it gas until your away. You may need some drag radials but the track should be fairly grippy. Do you have an LSD? Wish mine was manual : (
Well everyone who i know reckons the AT is definately better for drag racing, all the serious guys run the slushboxes. But having said that I know when I went one of the guys was having all sorts of issues with his DCT, whereas all my issues were driver error that most likely could be minimised with more practice!

Ha, yeah I drove around the hosed down area, launched with 4k rpm and spun grabbed 2nd spun and then shifted to 3rd and it bogged down.... (this was 2 years ago with 240-250 rwkw and no LSD)

The car is in the shop atm getting a full M3 driveline installed, so I'll have the ///M diff and beefier half shafts soon
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 06:40 AM   #36
bmwheath
Rep

Quote:
Well everyone who i know reckons the AT is definately better for drag racing, all the serious guys run the slushboxes. But having said that I know when I went one of the guys was having all sorts of issues with his DCT, whereas all my issues were driver error that most likely could be minimised with more practice!

Ha, yeah I drove around the hosed down area, launched with 4k rpm and spun grabbed 2nd spun and then shifted to 3rd and it bogged down.... (this was 2 years ago with 240-250 rwkw and no LSD)

The car is in the shop atm getting a full M3 driveline installed, so I'll have the ///M diff and beefier half shafts soon
You will have to learn to feather the clutch if launching at 4000rpm, especially on the street! An LSD will work wonders! It will be a different story on the track, especially if its well prep'd like Willowbank. Ive had so many cars that have absolutely fried the tyres on the street, but then go to Willowbank and have minimal spin.
Gotta love M3 half shafts! I axle tramped on one of my 1/4 mile runs and i instantly envisioned my half shafts shattering into tiny little pieces (CRINGE)

Last edited by bmwheath; 08-11-2015 at 06:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 06:58 AM   #37
bmwheath
Rep

Yes a properly (built) Auto is ideal for the strip in most cases...
Appreciate 0